Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin was preseason #5. They have gone 4-0 since then, have the nations longest winning streak and NONE of you have them in your top 10.

Don't even pretent that "margin of victory" isn't a factor in your thoughts.

To hell with good sportsmanship! Run up the score!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Until Weis starts winning, he can't be called great, or even good. That's all I'm saying.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I hear you. But I do find it incredibly odd that Weis isn't given any credit for two straight BCS seasons, while Willingham couldn't manage a single one.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
          Wisconsin was preseason #5. They have gone 4-0 since then, have the nations longest winning streak and NONE of you have them in your top 10.

To be fair, Wisconsin is a victim of its own history and some sub-par competition.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
            I hear you. But I do find it incredibly odd that Weis isn't given any credit for two straight BCS seasons, while Willingham couldn't manage a single one.
            College is about recruiting. He needs to win with his own teams, not with teams that should've been BCS caliber (and you well know that at least one of those seasons another team with the identical record and the identical opposing teams wouldn't have been BCS) recruited by another coach. If he can recruit and win, he'll be called a great coach... but a coach who can coach but can't recruit is called an NFL assistant coach
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
              Wisconsin was preseason #5. They have gone 4-0 since then, have the nations longest winning streak and NONE of you have them in your top 10.

Here are the teams that have garnered votes thus far, with the teams they have beaten:

LSU: Miss. St., VIRGINIA TECH, Md. Tenn. St., SOUTH CAROLINA
              USC: Idaho, NEBRASKA, Wash. St.
              Florida: W. Kentucky, Troy, TENNESSEE, Ole Miss
              West Virginia: W. Michigan, Marshall, Maryland, E. Carolina
              Ohio State: Youngstown St., Akron, Washington, Northwestern
              Oklahoma: N. Texas, MIAMI, Utah St., Tulsa
              Oregon: Houston, MICHIGAN, Fresno St., Stanford
              Rutgers: Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk St.
              Texas: Arkansas St., Texas Christian, C. Florida, Rice
              Cal: TENNESSEE, Colo. St., La. Tech, Arizona
              Boston College: WAKE FOREST, NC State, Georgia Tech, Army
              Kentucky: E. Kentucky, Kent St., LOUISVILLE, ARKANSAS

And the Badgers...

Wisconsin: Washington St., Nev.-Las Vegas, The Citadel, Iowa

As we can see, most the teams that have gotten votes thus far have at least one signature win, with the exceptions being West Virginia, Ohio State, Rutgers, and Texas. I don't think it is unreasonable to believe at this point in the season that all of those teams are better than Wisconsin. Should they beat MSU, I'll give serious thought about moving them into my Top 10, even though that wouldn't really qualify as a signature win.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I could mention "Citidel" over and over . And the fact that Wisconsin struggled against them. "Running up the score", LOL! If they could, I'm sure they would!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• so, what's the latest on the USC-Bush family residence scandal? I hadn't thought of it until watching the (early parts) of the game last night.

google is not my friend

Comment

• I didn't know that there was anything knew.

Comment

• Jones ND saga is finally finished:

The Demetrius Jones saga has led to Cincinnati, where on Thursday the former Notre Dame quarterback said he wants to play for the Bearcats.

The Demetrius Jones saga has led to Cincinnati, where on Thursday the former Notre Dame quarterback told football coach Brian Kelly he wants to enroll at the university and play for the Bearcats, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

"My whole point of going to Notre Dame was the same reason I committed here," Jones said, according to the newspaper. "The atmosphere on campus, they've got top-notch facilities. They've got a head coach who's been coaching for 16 years, and the offense. I can put some of my best qualities on display. I jus think it was a perfect fit."

Jones was Notre Dame's starting quarterback in the Fighting Irish's season opener against Georgia Tech, but was benched during the game and lost the starting job to Jimmy Clausen for the second-week game against Penn State. A week later, he missed the team bus for the trip to Michigan and left the team, intending to enroll at Northern Illinois.

At first, Notre Dame refused to release Jones from his scholarship. But the university then reversed course, offering to help Jones find an acceptable school.

That school is apparently Cincinnati of the Big East, as Jones walked into Kelly's office Thursday and told him he wanted to play for the Bearcats, the Enquirer reported. According to the report, Kelly had a prior relationship with Jones, dating back to when he recruited him to attend Central Michigan.

Kelly told the Enquirer he was notified by Notre Dame two days ago that he had been granted permission to talk to Jones.

"A whole bunch of things took place that weren't planned," Jones said, according to the newspaper. "That's the way it goes."

Jones was a Parade All-American at Morgan Park High School of Chicago and was rated No. 33 on USA Today's list of the top 100 prep players in the country.

Of Jones, Kelly told the Enquirer "He's athletic. He can run it and he can throw it. In this day and age, we see that position requires more than a guy who can just drop back [and throw]. He has to be able to do things with his feet."

Jones will have to pay his own way at the university for the fall quarter because the program currently has no scholsrships to offerm according to the report.

Hey, I'm sure Cincy doesn't mind getting a Top 100 prospect (cast offs from Notre Dame is only a plus for the Bearcats ). And they are ranked! Great week for Cincy.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Thank God that's over and done with. Good for Jones that he went to a higher profile program than NIU. I can imagine that recent cast-offs from ND at the QB and TE positions could play pretty much anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see transfers at more positions in the coming years.

Reuland has just expressed his intent to transfer. 2nd-rated TE of 2006 class. Got pushed out of the depth chart by the 2nd-rated TE of the 2007 class, and must have seen the writing on the wall with the #1-rated TE of the 2008 class committed.
                        Last edited by DanS; September 27, 2007, 16:38.

Comment

• Hopefully a good game tonight. WVU against South Florida.

Comment

• So are the Scarlet Knights the favorites in the Big East now?
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Wow.... then again, WVU lost to South Florida last year as well. And White was injured in the 2nd Q. We'll have to see if Rutgers can fare better than their result against WVU last season.

Though Rutgers barely beat USF last year... so I'm kind of scared about that game as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Wow.... then again, WVU lost to South Florida last year as well. And White was injured in the 2nd Q. We'll have to see if Rutgers can fare better than their result against WVU last season.

Though Rutgers barely beat USF last year... so I'm kind of scared about that game as well.
                                Well, keep in mind that you've got BOTH WVU & USF at home this year. That should help a bit.
                                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                                X