This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this the best week

for upsets ever? I can't remember so many lower ranked or unranked teams winning before.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• And there are still a few left...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Another W for Wisconsin.

That's 5-0.

Should they only drop one or two spaces in the polls?
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
          ND looked a bit better against Purdue, but still lost pretty badly. Dan, you sure 2-9 is out of reach??
          Sure. Shouldn't that be 2-10, though?

Anyway, you and I know that Purdue isn't the quality of the defenses that ND has been playing. That said, ND didn't lose badly (they were in the game in the 4th quarter), although sometimes they looked bad.

Pros... Almost 400 yards passing, including completions running ~ 65%, 3 passing TDs. Reasonably good pass protection. Kept potent passing attack to 250 yards. Lots of key 3rd down stops.

Cons... Very poor running attack. 3 turnovers. Very poor special teams. Killer penalties.

Clausen is probably a 70 - 75% passer once he gets going, which is just great. He still doesn't have good pocket awareness. Sharpley is better in that regard, although he has some real head scratchers where he doesn't protect himself.
          Last edited by DanS; September 29, 2007, 22:04.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Re: Was this the best week

Originally posted by pchang
            for upsets ever? I can't remember so many lower ranked or unranked teams winning before.
            ESPN is saying that there were 5 top 10 losses one October 2003 weekend.

I think that this indicates that scheduling a bunch of easy games isn't such a great strategy. You aren't prepared for big games, and sometimes those easy games come back to bite you.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
              Another W for Wisconsin.

That's 5-0.

Should they only drop one or two spaces in the polls?
              Why are you complaining? It's only the 5th weekend. Win your games and you'll be at the top.

Comment

• Booty is no Leinart.

Comment

• Will Florida be next?

And there's still a chance for USC too, but I don't think Washington will be able to keep up.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• ...and it is a week like this that makes me want to delay polls until at least Week 8.

Incidentally, here is how the Poly Top 10 came out last week:

1. LSU (2) 37
                    1. USC (1) 37
                    3. Oklahoma (1) 30
                    4. Florida 29
                    5. West Virginia 26
                    6. Ohio State 15
                    6. Oregon 15
                    8. Cal 11
                    9. Rutgers 7
                    10. Texas 6
                    10. Boston College 6
                    12. Kentucky 1

5 of those teams lost, 1 is losing right now (Florida), and 1 is winning a dogfight (USC).
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• USC looks like they'll win. Florida/Auburn can go either way, but Florida has the momentum.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And DOWN goes Florida!!!

Upset Saturday continues!!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                          ...and it is a week like this that makes me want to delay polls until at least Week 8.
                          Why? It makes it more fun to see all the high ranked teams fall... and besides with all the upsets, it's basically like making a new poll anyway .

Comment

• Meyer is such a ********er. Unsportsmanlike icing the kicker. Serves 'em right to lose that one.

Comment

• Unsportsmanlike?! Where have you been... since Shanahan did that to the Raiders a couple weeks ago, it's been all the rage. And no one seems to give a crap anymore.

Comment

• I wish he had missed the first one and then made the second one...
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X