Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't seen any news about permissions given. I'm really interested in how this shakes out.

Comment

• Good lord, he sold insider information to boosters? I can't imagine the NCAA would be okay with that. Not sure if it's a HIPAA issue, but Franchione already has had one runin with the NCAA, hasn't he? On top of that, one wonders if any of those boosters might not have sold the information back to the opposition on any given saturday... he apparently included game plan info as well. Not sure how specific, but still... stupid stupid stupid.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• This is just wild. It might have been innocent intentions, but has the appearance of a Vegas sports book special.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Yeah, hmm, wonder what I could do if I knew player X was injured days before Vegas did....

Comment

• More bad news for Michigan

Anyone know the specifics about Michigan playing an ineligible player during the Penn St. win? If Michigan forfeits, does Penn St. change from an L to a W?
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• While eligible under NCAA rules, he was ineligible under Big Ten. He played a few plays on special teams. Penalty is up to Big Ten. I hope it's not a forfeit, as he didn't have significant impact on the game.

I don't know if Penn St would get a win if U-M has to forfeit.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Probably matters if they knew he was ineligible or not (or should've known) - I imagine the b10 is more likely to penalize them if he were known to be ineligible (or should have been known) than if it was an after the fact thing.

Hmm, after reading up on it, it's going to be interesting. I'd hope the B10 doesn't forfeit the win, particularly since this is self reported - after all, if they use the worst possible penalty for self reported transgressions, what are you left to do for non-reported ones?
                Last edited by snoopy369; October 1, 2007, 18:52.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Re: More bad news for Michigan

Senior TE Mike Massey is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Carson Butler will take over, but it leaves U-M without two experienced TEs for a two-TE set. But maybe that will make us less obvious that we're going to run?

Naaah.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Mizzou plays Nebraska at home on Saturday, then at Oklahoma the following week, just a minor correction.
                    Meh, I'd still keep them in the same spot on the list. I'm just not buying anyone in the Big 12, especially not in the North.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin

Originally posted by pchang
                      Wisconsin is back to #5. Happy now?
                      I would be, but for two things:

1. Both Cal and OSU are ahead of them.
                      2. Wisconsin is set for an upset this week against a VERY underrated Illinois team. By season end, Illinois could be a top ten team (even if Wisconsin wins).
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Illinois a top ten team? I seriously doubt it. The Zooker will find a way to lose a couple.

As for Wisconsin, the competition still has been on the very weak side (#90 according to Sagarin). Once and if they beat some big teams, they'll start to gain some adherents.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Both Cal and OSU SHOULD be ahead of Wisconsin, IMO.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Neither Cal nor OSU has played a particularly tough schedule, but still much tougher than Wisconsin's.

The top 10 still is littered with frauds.

Comment

• And do you know why?

Because the poll system is CRAP!!!
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• As a complaining Wisconsin fan, I think you want a high ranking for free. Wisconsin's schedule this year is awfully easy -- even moreso than usual. The only team of consequence that you will face is OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X