4) Ohio State
    5) Boston College
    6) Oregon
    7) USF (South Florida)
    8) Wisconsin
    9) Kentucky
    10) West Virginia

(South Carolina barely missed it)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• WOW... Washington just won't go away. Blocked punt... but I don't think there is enough time for UW to win it.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Couple of Top 25 teams still playing, but the outcomes have no bearing on my top ten:

1. LSU
        2. Cal
        3. USC
        4. Ohio State
        5. South Florida (!!!)
        6. Kentucky (!!!!!)
        7. Boston College (what the ****ing **** is going on?!)
        8. Wisconsin
        9. Oregon
        10. South Carolina
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• USC escapes 27-24, and that's not even a complement to Washington. The Trojans pretty much hung the difficulty on themselves with all the bad penalties, turnovers, and miscues (that blocked kick at the end, for instance, was mostly because of the bad snap).

I'd actually move USC down from #2 this week, if not for the three teams behind USC all losing. (Curses!)

1. LSU
          2. USC
          3. California (+3)
          4. Boston College (+3)
          5. Kentucky (+5)
          6. Ohio State (New Entry)
          7. Florida (-4)
          8. South Florida (New Entry)
          9. Wisconsin (New Entry)
          10. Oklahoma (-6)

Dropped: West Virginia, Oregon, Texas

On the brink: Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia Tech

Friggin' South Florida is my top-ranked team in the Big East? What's this world coming to?
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Remaining undefeated teams:

ACC (1): Boston College
            Big 12 (2): Missouri, Kansas (holy ****!)
            Big East (3): Connecticut, Cincinnati, South Florida (holy ****ing ****!)
            Big Ten (3): Ohio State, Wisconsin, Purdue
            Conference USA (0)
            Independants (0)
            MAC (0)
            MWC (0)
            Pac-10 (3): USC, California, Arizona State
            SEC (2): Kentucky, LSU
            Sun Belt (0)
            WAC (1): Hawai'i

Total = 15 (down 8 this week)

Games between undefeated teams next week:
            Ohio State at Purdue

Most likely to lose next week, greatest chance to least chance: Kansas (at Kansas State), Missouri (at Oklahoma), Purdue (vs. Ohio State), Connecticut (at Virginia), Cincinnati (at Rutgers), Kentucky (at South Carolina), LSU (vs. Florida), Wisconsin (at Illinois)

The only undefeated teams in that group that I give >50% odds are the Tigers and Badgers.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm actually a bit amused by all this shock at South Florida doing so well. They are this year's Rutgers. Made a bowl last year (and won) and now are taking the next step.

They have a incredibly fast and swarming defense, a great young QB (Grothe), and some good luck (all the turnovers by WVU and White getting hurt).

Comment

• It's not so much that I'm shocked that South Florida is doing well. It was obvious when they took Rutgers to the limit at the Pirate Ship last year that the pieces were in place for something special. It's more that I'm surprised that what we perceived as the upper echelon of the Big East (West Virginia, Louisville, Rutgers) has taken hits so early and quickly. I think it says a lot about the depth of the conference.

(And like I said earlier, I still view Rutgers as the favorite in the Big East despite the loss today. It's just clear that the road has gotten that much tougher.)
                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• With 6 of my Top 10 losing, including #1 Oklahoma, I have quite a shakeup with LSU jumping 2 spots to #1

1) LSU (+1)
                  2) USC (same)
                  3) California (+4)
                  4) Ohio State (+2)
                  5) Wisconsin (New)
                  6) Kentucky (New)
                  7) Boston College (New)
                  8) South Florida (New)
                  9) Oklahoma (-8)
                  10) South Carolina (New)

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS

Why are you complaining? It's only the 5th weekend. Win your games and you'll be at the top.
                    I'm complaining because all they have done is win their games, but they keep falling in the polls. They were #5 preseason, have gone undefeated so far, but dropped 4 places.

Pols are stupid. Throw Germans at them.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• They'll go up this week
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Wisconsin

is back to #5. Happy now?
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                          Most likely to lose next week, greatest chance to least chance: , Missouri (at Oklahoma),
                          Mizzou plays Nebraska at home on Saturday, then at Oklahoma the following week, just a minor correction.

Comment

• Should Franchione get fired if he violated Hipaa?

(or is it forgone due to his teams general suckiness that this is it for him in College Station)

Comment

• No Violation

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                              Should Franchione get fired if he violated Hipaa?

(or is it forgone due to his teams general suckiness that this is it for him in College Station)
                              HIPAA just says that medical information cannot be shared without permission. Supposedly, Franchione got permission from his players. If he did not, I doubt you will find a player who will say so.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• HIPAA is a pretty messy thing, though. I haven't read anything about this yet, but if he did give out HIPAA covered information it would be up to him to prove he had the permission, and not the other way around...

HIPAA and college athletics is touchy though. Isn't any injury report technically a theoretical HIPAA violation?
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X