This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You have the link to the source right there. Why not quote the actual source? Mindnumbing.
    Ben, if I smacked you in the face with the original text it would still be insufficient. You are blissfully stupid.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      There is no such thing as a big sin. But murdering a person does not some from the clear sky, no person who has let Christ form his person, would murder someone.
      Are you saying that all the persecution against other faiths, burning of witches etc, have been done by people not formed by cristianity ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Oh there you go. Bringing up the witch thing again!

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          Nikolai - I'm not a christian so I'm in no position to know but I have heard the phrase "We are all sinners" more than once. I was just wondering if there was a hierarchy whereby some sins would get you kicked out of the club.
          All sins are of the same "size" for God. We humans of course make a hierarchy out of them, few people would set thievery or lying = murder. But in God's eyes they are just as bad. The Bible tells us that only one sin is unforgiveable, (and bear with me for not having the right English term here, so it's probably wrongly worded) mockery of the Holy Spirit. This sin is kind of woolen, but it is thought to mean that one who has been a true Christian turns away from God even though he in his heart knows God to be true. Complicated stuff, and so rare that the general rule of all sins being forgiveable applies well enough.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Ben, if I smacked you in the face with the original text it would still be insufficient. You are blissfully stupid.
            They could have put it in blinking red and blue lights. Seriously, that annoys me. Look, I can edit wikipedia so it no longer matches up with your quote. This is a major problem with quoting wikipedia.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Nikolai, according to the Catholic Church, you're wrong. Mortal vs. venal sins, are, apparently, an important distinction.

Either that, or as usual, the Catholic Church is full of ****, and more of a cult than a religion. But who can say?
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                Oh there you go. Bringing up the witch thing again!

Sorry, but the alternative would be to draw the nazi card and that would kill the thread
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                  Are you saying that all the persecution against other faiths, burning of witches etc, have been done by people not formed by cristianity ?
                  Not comparable. I would call them ignorant and quite possibly in many cases not true believers. But not as a general rule. Murder is wrong. Persecution is wrong. These people were formed by a worldly and corrupted Church, the Bible, the basis of Christianity, does not at all support any of this.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• This thread died a long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                      Nikolai, according to the Catholic Church, you're wrong. Mortal vs. venal sins, are, apparently, an important distinction.

Either that, or as usual, the Catholic Church is full of ****, and more of a cult than a religion. But who can say?
                      I dare say they can't back that up from the Bible.

Comment

• I daresay you are right. But then again, they can't back up praying to Saint Peter or the Virgin Mary either, yet they do that as a matter of course.

For that matter, they can't really back up their proscription on using condoms, either.
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not comparable. I would call them ignorant and quite possibly in many cases not true believers. But not as a general rule. Murder is wrong. Persecution is wrong. These people were formed by a worldly and corrupted Church, the Bible, the basis of Christianity, does not at all support any of this.
                          That is your interpretation. For those people it was the true belief and they would consider themself quite enlightened. To be honest, I don't think that they saw themself as persecuting other people - they simply did was what god demanded - converting people or let them out of their misery.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

These people were formed by a worldly and corrupted Church, the Bible, the basis of Christianity, does not at all support any of this.
                            Except for e.g. not suffering a witch to live and so forth.

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            This thread died a long time ago.
                            Post #6
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• And let's not forget God-ordered genocide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                They could have put it in blinking red and blue lights. Seriously, that annoys me. Look, I can edit wikipedia so it no longer matches up with your quote. This is a major problem with quoting wikipedia.
                                The wikipedia entry is an accurate summary of the decision, unlike your selective quoting and BS BenKenobi spin.

Comment

Working...
                                X