No announcement yet.

Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willing to risk secret service agents, who have to be in a hermetically sealed cage with an infectious patient, just for votes.

I know they are willing to risk their lives to save the President, but to win him votes?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
      Willing to risk secret service agents, who have to be in a hermetically sealed cage with an infectious patient, just for votes.

I know they are willing to risk their lives to save the President, but to win him votes?
      Where the leader goes, so must the bodyguards.

For the men of the Secret Service, it has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with protecting the President.

Comment

• Dauphin
        Dauphin commented
        Editing a comment
        Protecting him from threats, sure. But in this case, he is the threat, to them

• After he thinned out his own voter base doing cam events with no distancing and a rather lax take on masks, then took it to the WH to decimate his own inner circle I came to the conclusion that Trump hates the American people.

Alternatively it's a plot by Mike Pence to take over powah.
      Blah

Comment

• Trump must be getting really desperate... He just pledged the "Biggest Tax Cut EVER" if he wins November.
        I guess he now thinks his only chance is to bribe people.

Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Some terminators for Trump and Biden:

Comment

• An election between an imbecile and a clown.

Comment

• Ok, let's try again the American freedom of speech:

20 Machs of your death.

Comment

• Thanks for not deleting the third version of the short version!

Comment

• I don't put much stock in polls but I've seen more Biden signs around town so its looking bad for Trump

Comment

• Biden seems very likely at this point, but we'll see. I wonder how the aftermath will play out, since Trump is all that's holding both parties together?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Elok is a nerd.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        Biden seems very likely at this point, but we'll see. I wonder how the aftermath will play out, since Trump is all that's holding both parties together?
                        Quite frankly, America really needs more than 2 political parties.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I'd settle for three parties, adding a middle of the road party.
                          In a perfect world, I would love 5
                          Alt Left
                          Democrats
                          Middle of the Road
                          Republicans
                          Alt and Religious/Right
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'd like to see people assigned congressional seats by random selection (like jury service), in proportion to the population that didn't vote. 60% voter turnout? Give 40% to random people, and decide which districts get that type of assignation based on the districts with lowest turnout and smallest marginals (maybe with some small adjustments so that parties lose such seats in proportion to the number of seats they would have won otherwise)

May not work in practice and may lead to massive corruption of the random congresspersons who get lobbied hard, but it'd be fun to get rid of partisan hacks that represent those too lazy or apathetic to vote.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I think that the House should recognize that members that do not have important chairs or committee assignments are not important and increase the number of representatives. This would make the House better represent the population/people as it is suppose to (right now it is pretty heavily balanced toward the states, the Senate is suppose to ballanced towards state with House towards people nd President split, this would also correct the President somewhat).

I would say 100k people per House member, for approximately ~3300 House representatives.

Would make the House a lot more representative.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• ricketyclik
                                ricketyclik commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Another way to make it more representative without increasing the number of members is to reduce the number of electorates, by say a factor of ten, and increase the number of representatives per electorate by the same factor.  Add preferential voting, and Bob's your uncle.
                            Working...
                            X