Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    given Trump's proclivity for lying I can understand why his supporters would be so enthusiastic for Kavanaugh, but what I cant understand is why moral people would like either of them
    Trump:

His is the most honest president since Lincoln. Sure he lies, but he lies about stuff like how many people were at the inauguration. Who cares? If you care about people lying about that that says a lot about you.

But when he says he's going to do something he does it. When he makes a promise he keeps it. He delivers the goods like no one else.

Kavanaugh:

How could you not like a guy who has been attacked like that, who fought back, for himself, for his family, for his beliefs, and for America. How can you attack him? Shame on you. You are puny compared to that giant.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I'd care if they lied under oath...kinda calls into question if they're lying about their support for Brown
      Would it change your perception of the charges if they were introduced by the most outspoken senator opposed to Brown?

I think that the perception most would have is that they were politically motivated given the source and the timing.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Berz, AAHZ.

Your argument relies on two points. One, that I am arguing that there is no change in nature between an unborn child and a sperm cell, and that two, that having a heart rate is a requirement for personhood. It's a sufficient but not a necessary criterion.

IE, if we can establish that a child has a heart rate (and different from their mother's), that would be sufficient to determine that the child is in fact alive beyond most people's reasonable doubt.

Sperm cells have fundamental differences from the zygote. These differences can be represented by the significant genetic chances that occur after conception. Sperm is a haploid cell, while the zygote is diploid. These cellular differences is why a zygote will grow and develop into an embryo and an embryo into a fetus and so on and so forth. This is why we can treat sperm cells like a cell of the body, whereas the zygote is not 'of the same body' as all the other cells.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont know why you're including me. My 'argument' was sperm dont have heart rates and was in response to Zee

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        sperm dont have heart rates
        I am going to prove you wrong on that. BRB.

Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Trump:

His is the most honest president since Lincoln. Sure he lies, but he lies about stuff like how many people were at the inauguration. Who cares? If you care about people lying about that that says a lot about you.

But when he says he's going to do something he does it. When he makes a promise he keeps it. He delivers the goods like no one else.

Kavanaugh:

How could you not like a guy who has been attacked like that, who fought back, for himself, for his family, for his beliefs, and for America. How can you attack him? Shame on you. You are puny compared to that giant.
          trump is a big ****ing liar just like you.

And what has he done? The tax cuts were passed by Congress. He doesn't do **** you ignoramus, except going to play golf every weekend on our dime.

Honest my ass and where is the wall? Dumb****istan is what this country should be named.

Kavanaugh is a rapist. End of story.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

How is having a measurable heart rate and vitals, which have to be monitored during surgery, 'emotional bull****'?
            Drop dead. I'm done with your idiocy.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by ZEE View Post

I am going to prove you wrong on that. BRB.
              Still looking, but I think I am making progress.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

• OK I found a website called 'The Washington Post' which claims is fair and balanced, and one called 'The Onion' which claims to be the most accurate news outlet in America.

Get ready to be proven wrong, Berz.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

• The Onion is more truthful than Faux News or Brietbart. It's almost disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Berz, AAHZ.

Your argument relies on two points. One, that I am arguing that there is no change in nature between an unborn child and a sperm cell, and that two, that having a heart rate is a requirement for personhood. It's a sufficient but not a necessary criterion.
                    I disagree.
                    It is the cognitive functions which define a personhood.
                    And, as the heart is capable to function independently of cognitive functions, the presence of a heart rate alone is insufficient of defining personhood.
                    Without a developed CNS, the body is just a hollow shell. Even one of the most rudimentary reflexes, the pain reflex, needs more than a month of further development (after the embryos heart has begun to beat) in order to show up.
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                      The Onion is more truthful than Faux News or Brietbart. It's almost disturbing.

TBH I don't even know whose side of the argument I am on, I just feel like posting stuff.
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

• I'm on the side of sanity and thinking.

Maybe that's why I'm so emo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Drop dead. I'm done with your idiocy.
                          I'm just going to say.... YOUR AVATAR
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• It is the cognitive functions which define a personhood.
                            The presence of brain function is one indicator, but like a heart rate it is a sufficient but not necessary clause. It is possible to still be alive without detectible brain function.

Without a developed CNS, the body is just a hollow shell.
                            Not so. The brain does not form instantly. If the body without a brain were merely a hollow shell, then the brain could never form. As the brain does develop, the body must have the things that it needs in order for the brain to grow and develop. Those things are the genetic instructions that the zygote already has at conception

Comment

• I was actually going to say that.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X