Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe you remember that Kamala Harris submitted a letter to the Judiciary Committee from a "Jane Doe." She accused Kavanaugh of raping her multiple times. Well she admits to lying now. Will Kamala Harris now apologize?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      for doin her job?

• Committee investigators began investigating Ms. Munro-Leighton’s allegations. Given her relatively unique name, Committee investigators were able to use open-source research to locate Ms. Munro-Leighton and determine that she: (1) is a left-wing activist;

This is a tactic. We now have proof that leftwing activists are falsely accusing Republicans.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      this is the tactic: everyone is lying because she lied

• Exactly what I claimed. Nice to see them confirming that they were lying about Kavanaugh in an attempt to smear him.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      He was an underaged drunken rapist. Oh well... the President you love is a rapist too.

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      'they'? I see one person

• And nobody including you captured it? Amazing detective work, boys. What exactly did she say on her FB page?
    She said that someone should do to Gorsuch what they did to Thomas.
    Wait, is it Christine's research or Christine's lobbying? See, you dont even buy into your own argument. Is she being paid from the drug's sales?
    She's being funded by the abortion pill manufacturers to do her research. Also a cool million is pretty good pay for a couple of months of work.

Russell Ford, her husband, also told The Washington Post that his wife detailed the alleged assault during a couple’s therapy session in 2012. During therapy, he said his wife talked about a time when she was trapped in a room with two drunken boys, and one of them had pinned her to a bed, molested her and tried to prevent her from screaming.

He said he remembered his wife specifically using Kavanaugh’s name. She said during the session, Russell Ford recalled, she was scared he would one day be nominated to the Supreme Court.
    If she believed that why didn't she report the allegations during his nomination to the appellate court?

If you were right its a wonder we dont see hundreds of women accusing Kavanaugh. If someone is threatening to kill you, then you and your family are at risk. As for corruption, I watched Kavanaugh tell lie after lie under oath.
    We saw at least three, some who have not recanted saying they lied.
    Why would my poor memory be sufficient to convict someone of sexual assault?
    Well, that's what you're saying Christine's testimony is sufficient. It's not.

Kavanaugh's calendar indicates a party did occur and she named 3 of the people at that party
    And all three deny she was there at that party! She doesn't have a single witness that puts her in the same room as Kavanaugh.

Where did I smear him for drinking alcohol?
    Like, four, five times already.

Wasn't Bork the guy who fired people to protect Nixon from justice? The delay was irrelevant because the GOP still controlled the Senate after the mid-terms. Why do you think it was relevant? Both Thomas and Bork faced a Senate controlled by the Dems, those cases are not analogous to Kavanaugh.
    Which is why the nomination for all three was a circus, and why Kavanaugh referred to borking in his hearing. I thought you said you actually watched the hearings, Berz.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Bart O'Kavaugh was a drinker.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• On a different note I have my Saturday Vietnamese coffee and a ham and cheese croissant; the croissant is warm so the cheese is all gooey. French style I am enjoy a cigarette with it. Life is ok.

Comment

• How is vietnamese coffee different

Comment

• The addition of sweetened condensed milk (because back in the day canned sweetened condensed milk from France was the only way to get milk in Vietnam) is the biggest difference. The top mounted drip way of brewing the coffee is another part of it though that is mostly just for show. They serve it iced because in tropical Vietnam ice was considered a luxury.

Comment

• Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                She said that someone should do to Gorsuch what they did to Thomas.
                So she wanted a victim of Gorsuch's sexual harassment to come forward? I'd want the same thing, but nobody did... including her. I guess maybe he never did anything bad enough for someone to raise a fuss when he was nominated. There's a few people accusing Kavanaugh. Why hasn't any of her enemies hacked FB to find the quote? You made it sound like she advocated a smear campaign when all she wanted was a victim to come forward.

She's being funded by the abortion pill manufacturers to do her research. Also a cool million is pretty good pay for a couple of months of work.
                When I google that I see articles from the NYT and Politifact debunking it.

The claim revolves around Corcept Therapeutics, a pharmaceutical start-up where Dr. Blasey worked several years ago. Conservative activists singled out a drug made by Corcept Therapueutics — Korlym, also known as mifepristone — that the activists said was an off-label “abortion pill.†Mike Adams, a far-right blogger who is known for his promotion of pseudoscientific conspiracy theories, wrote on the website Natural News that “Blasey is a paid researcher for an abortion pill company with a lot to lose if Kavanaugh is confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court.â€
                Dr. Blasey did, in fact, work as the director of biostatistics for Corcept Therapeutics. And mifepristone can, in fact, be prescribed in combination with another drug, misoprostol, to terminate pregnancies.

But Korlym, the drug made by Corcept Therapeutics, was developed to treat Cushing’s syndrome, a rare, potentially deadly condition that causes the body to produce excess cortisol. It is not promoted for use in medically induced abortions, and it is far more expensive than the usual drugs used in those procedures.
                In addition, there is no evidence that Dr. Blasey ever researched the drug’s use in terminating pregnancies, or has anything to gain financially from court rulings on abortions.
                The unfounded theory about Dr. Blasey’s ties to an “abortion pill†provider is still traveling on Facebook. Gateway Pundit’s post has been shared nearly 20,000 times on Facebook, according to its website.
                https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/u...act-check.html

Do you have a link showing how she makes money off the drug? According to politifact the drug's main profit comes from treating diseases like Cushings which requires 4 a day doses for life.

If she believed that why didn't she report the allegations during his nomination to the appellate court?
                “I remember her saying that the attacker’s name was Brett Kavanaugh, that he was successful lawyer who had grown up in Christine’s home town and that he was well-known in the Washington, D.C. community.â€
                https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...lasey-ford-say

She thought he was a lawyer in 2012. When was he confirmed for the lower court?

Well, that's what you're saying Christine's testimony is sufficient. It's not.
                Her testimony is she was sexually assaulted. What is my testimony? How do you even compare the two? Thats the point, she has good reason to remember that party, the other people dont. Thats why you can remember details about being attacked in your apartment but cant remember what you were doing 2 weeks before or after.

And all three deny she was there at that party! She doesn't have a single witness that puts her in the same room as Kavanaugh.
                Why would they remember the party? They didn't deny she was there, they denied remembering the party. They didn't say they never saw her at parties, they dont remember the party she described. She does... And judging by Kavanaugh's display of squirming like a worm on a hook she told the truth. Did you watch him testify? Do you know several people who knew him back then have accused him of lying? They were accusing a SCOTUS nominee of lying under oath and they weren't invited to testify.

Like, four, five times already.
                Then you should have no problem quoting me (and please ID the post# when you do)

Which is why the nomination for all three was a circus, and why Kavanaugh referred to borking in his hearing. I thought you said you actually watched the hearings, Berz.
                Which is why? I just explained the Dems controlled the Senate for Bork and Thomas, the GOP controls the Senate now. They are not analogous. The GOP didn't need Dems to give them permission to vote on Kav. Just what are Senators supposed to do when a nominee is accused by someone? Should they ignore the accuser because you happen to like the nominee? As for the 'circus', Bork helped Nixon's cover up, Thomas sexually harassed Anita Hill, and Kavanaugh's accused of sexual assault. Maybe the Republicans should stop nominating scumbags. Yes, I watched the testimony and I know he mentioned Bork. I think thats ironic, a GOP shill compared himself to the guy who helped Nixon cover his crimes.
                Last edited by Berzerker; November 4, 2018, 03:42.

Comment

• there is no evidence that Dr. Blasey ever researched the drug’s use in terminating pregnancies
                  Right. Except she did just that.

Which is why? I just explained the Dems controlled the Senate for Bork and Thomas, the GOP controls the Senate now. They are not analogous.
                  Same circus, same conductors.

The GOP didn't need Dems to give them permission to vote on Kav. Just what are Senators supposed to do when a nominee is accused by someone? Should they ignore the accuser because you happen to like the nominee?
                  Should the accuser have filed charges sometime within the decade that the alleged assault occurred?

As for the 'circus', Bork helped Nixon's cover up, Thomas sexually harassed Anita Hill, and Kavanaugh's accused of sexual assault. Maybe the Republicans should stop nominating scumbags. Yes, I watched the testimony and I know he mentioned Bork. I think thats ironic, a GOP shill compared himself to the guy who helped Nixon cover his crimes.
                  Thomas has become one of the greatest justices, while Bork became one of it's brightest legal minds. And you call them scumbags and accuse me of partisanship? Okay.

Why would they remember the party?
                  Kavanaugh did.

They didn't deny she was there, they denied remembering the party.
                  They all deny that she was there at a party with Kavanaugh. As they are her witnesses, this is substantial evidence against her. Berz, if you accuse someone and all YOUR witnesses say that it didn't happen, your case gets tossed out. You could even get fined for a frivolous case.

Did you watch him testify? Do you know several people who knew him back then have accused him of lying? They were accusing a SCOTUS nominee of lying under oath and they weren't invited to testify.
                  I did. I was appalled that a good man had to suffer through being accused of gang rape by lying women seeking attention.

Comment

Right. Except she did just that.
                    And you do have links showing this?
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Same circus, same conductors.
                      The Dems controlled the Senate with Bork and Thomas, the GOP are the conductors now. And that means all this talk about delaying the confirmation is an excuse the GOP used to ignore Kavanaugh's accusers.

Should the accuser have filed charges sometime within the decade that the alleged assault occurred?
                      Thats up to the accuser

Thomas has become one of the greatest justices, while Bork became one of it's brightest legal minds. And you call them scumbags and accuse me of partisanship? Okay.
                      If these judges were Democrats it wouldn't make one bit of difference to me. It would to you though... It would make all the difference in the world. I already showed that to be true, you believe the women who accused Bill Clinton. So do I. But when women accuse your sacred cows you smear the women. And I'll say it again, those 3 men are scumbags. Bork helped cover up Nixon's crimes while Thomas and Kavanaugh lied under oath about their sexual misdeeds.

Kavanaugh did.
                      Well, if its logical for the victim of sexual assault to remember the crime wouldn't the criminal remember it too? But where is your proof Kavanaugh remembered the party?

They all deny that she was there at a party with Kavanaugh. As they are her witnesses, this is substantial evidence against her. Berz, if you accuse someone and all YOUR witnesses say that it didn't happen, your case gets tossed out. You could even get fined for a frivolous case.
                      The witnesses never said it didn't happen, they said they cant remember the party described by Ford. But a party did take place in the time frame established by testimony and 3 boys she named were there. Did anyone ask the boys on Kavanaugh's calendar if they remember that specific party?

I did. I was appalled that a good man had to suffer through being accused of gang rape by lying women seeking attention.
                      https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...naugh-is-lying

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        Yes! President Pvssygrabber gets Judge Drunkengroper on the Supreme Court... so who will he bone first? Sotomayor or Ginsburg?
                        So, I guess Judge Drunkengroper went after Ginsburg first...

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                          X