Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile:

Banana artwork that fetched $120,000 is eaten by 'hungry' artist Performance artist consumes masterpiece in front of crowd at Art Basel in Miami, but ‘the idea’ apparently lives on

An artwork that sold last week for $120,000 and was hailed as “a symbol of global trade” has been eaten, in what might seem a fitting end for something that was an ever-ripening banana duct-taped to a wall.

The piece, titled Comedian, by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan was on show at the international gallery Perrotin at Art Basel in Miami when New York performance artist David Datuna ate it, saying he was hungry.

(...)

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...-hungry-artist
    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post

I'm waiting for the movie
      MAGA Maid has gone from suck to blow!

Comment

• I just learned about this:

“People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times as opposed to once. They end up using more water,” Trump said while talking with business owners about what he called ‘‘commonsense” steps to end overregulation.

full: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...seeks-solution
        Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

That would be terrible in California. They already have bums riding 12 hours a day on the bus because they can pay once and never get off and sitting in the AC is better than sitting outside. So they shoot up on the bus, drink illegally on the bus, pass out and crap themselves on the bus, etc...

Teo years ago my car broke and I decided to take the bus instead of renting a car or hiring an Uber. My commute was ten miles from my home to work which was in a major employment area yet it took four buses and three transfers to get there taking two hours and fifteen minutes one way (according to the schedule). Along the way the third bus broke down causing me to miss the connecting fourth bus which, of course, stopped running after 8:30am because it was a “morning commuter bus. This meant I had to get two additional buses to complete the trip. I arrived an hour late to work, the MTS didn’t care or even say sorry about their bus breaking down and everyone missing their connections, plus despite it being the morning a bum literally injected heroine on the bus and pissed himself.

I decided to take an Uber home which took 20 minutes even with traffic and only cost about $11. I will never take a bus again if I can help it. The trolley is not much better and has a much more limited service area.
          California sounds like a dystopian novel.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
            “Drain the swamp” has a whole new meaning now!

Comment

• Blah

Comment

• Well, everyone knows the D'ump the full of s**t....
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post

Holy sh!t. Looks like a ride I once took to visit a Roma neighborhood (not roma julius ceasar, roma - gypsie land)

THe only other passanger a girl came and sat next to me on the bus. Which makes sense because the only other passanger was injecting heroin in the back seats

Comment

• yeah, in the winter here, the homeless will sometimes just ride the trains to stay warm.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Instead of helping them get homes some would rather just kick them off the trains.

Comment

• I'm old enough to remember when there were no homeless in Athens or Greece.
                        It seems to go hand in hand with "progress"

Comment

That is what happens when you are a one party state and the majority never considers voting for anyone else.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Instead of helping them get homes some would rather just kick them off the trains.
                            There are lots of shelters and the shelters are clean and well run. The addicts don’t like that the shelters require them to be sober though so they avoid the shelters. There simply must be both a carrot (meaning shelter space and long term supportive housing for people who complete programs) as well as a stick (meaning legal consequences for people who refuse to help and who just want to continue being street junkies). Under no conditions should we ever simply enable street junkies to continue being street junkies.

Comment

• What exactly is the point in requiring them to abstain from drugs in order to have shelter? Just seems like a moral crusade. There are drug users who manage to hold down jobs.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                -Jrabbit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It's a common technique, conjuring up moral issues as a requirement to gain state benefits. Puts your liberal opponents in the position of supporting illegal drugs while dehumanizing the poor.

• Dinner
                                Dinner commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Ignorant hog wash. Spoken like someone who has never volunteered in a shelter. If you had then you’d know the very many practical reasons why this is a problem. Also if you had lived in one of the west coast enabling areas where drug use has been decriminalized and homeless people have been made above the laws (as in police cannot enforce anything against them because of horrible clueless liberals) then you would know what lawless hell holes they turn communities into. I cite SF, Portland, and Seattle of examples not to become.

What exactly is the point in requiring them to abstain from drugs in order to have shelter? Just seems like a moral crusade. There are drug users who manage to hold down jobs.
                              That when they are drugged out of their minds no one can work with them? That for the majority substance abuse is why they cannot hold a job or maintain shelter? That for those who do not have substance abuse issues this is absolutely no problem? That people on drugs often become violent or unruly those damaging the quality of life of everyone else in the shelter? Need I go on?

Comment

Working...
                              X