No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Harry and his family want to quit the Royals, and possibly move to North America!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...es/4449333002/

I think Canada should give Harry and Meghan a rent-free official residence in Grise Fiord, our northern most hamlet. What better way to assert sovereignty over the high arctic than with a sovereign? And they can avoid the paparazzi!
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      And they can avoid the paparazzi!
      Won't stop them.

Comment

• But the real victims of the Harry/ Meghan saga are the poor people of Sussex... He is their Duke. Whomst shall lead them when the Duke of Kent stages an incursion into their territory?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• They may have to bring back Robin Hood.....nod:
          Blah

Comment

• Dauphin, did you finally move to Canada? Are you part of the Royal advance team?

Comment

• Yeah, coming to America will help them avoid the paparazzi.
              Maybe they should move to Hollywood. They'll be safe there.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                I suggested sending them to Grise Fiord, a community of about 120 mostly Inuit in the high arctic. It is the northernmost community in Canada, accessible only by plane, and only for a few months per year. It takes at least 3 connecting flights, and over 24 hours to reach there from 'southern' Canada. There are no bars or hotels or restaurants. The average temperature (year round) is -14 C. If photographers want to camp out on their doorstep in Grise Fiord, they would become paparazzicles...

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
              Dauphin, did you finally move to Canada? Are you part of the Royal advance team?
              L’Etat, c’est moi.

The whole nonsense in the British press is dripping with irony and hypocrisy.

Many of the same commentators demeaning Meghan and accusing her of manipulating Harry were responsible for I) his mother being killed and Ii) hacking his phone and making private voicemails public record for no good reason. They rip into her as selfish for wanting a personal life, whilst giving Prince Andrew a pass for being an all but indicted paedophile. They complain about the cost they are to the state but then demand half a million pounds be spent on making Big Ben bong for Brexit.

I’m a mild Republican, if they want out of the family business, let them. Give them a nice severance package and be done with it.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with all but the severance package. They should get nothing.

• I see Trump is looking into making bribery great again, by making it no longer illegal.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                I think of it more as extortion than bribery.

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

I’m a mild Republican, if they want out of the family business, let them. Give them a nice severance package and be done with it.
              It seems they got Megxit done and took back control.

Blah

Comment

• Trump's trial (such as it is) should start soon. Let us hope he and his merry band get what they deserve! I know the deep south states love Trump, so maybe they can have him?

Comment

Working...
                X