No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook had admitted in court to being a publisher, which means they are not a platform.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• It seems Trump has been with holding US military and economic aid from the Ukraine (to help them fight off Russian aggression) because Trump wants them to make up fake charges against Biden’s son so as to help Trump in the 2020 election. Barr is also engaging in a cover up no doubt at Trump’s orders.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        It seems Trump has been with holding US military and economic aid from the Ukraine (to help them fight off Russian aggression) because Trump wants them to make up fake charges against Biden’s son so as to help Trump in the 2020 election. Barr is also engaging in a cover up no doubt at Trump’s orders.
        You mean his trying to get them to stop protecting Biden from corruption charges, and you call that a cover up? Ok, getting people to stop covering up is covering up.

Comment

• Looks like the Deep State allies in Ukraine tried to pull a hoax and Trump allies didn't fall for it.

Comment

• Kid is living in a Derp State.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That's hilarious. I'm always right though. And you and Dinner are always wrong.

FBI, warned early and often that Manafort file might be fake, used it anyway

When the final chapter of the Russia collusion caper is written, it is likely two seminal documents the FBI used to justify investigating Donald Trump's 2016 campaign will turn out to be bunk.

And the behavior of FBI agents and federal prosecutors who promoted that faulty evidence may disturb us more than we now know.

The first, the Christopher Steele dossier, has received enormous attention. And the more scrutiny it receives, the more its truthfulness wanes. Its credibility has declined so much that many now openly question how the FBI used it to support a surveillance warrant against the Trump campaign in October 2016.

At its best, the Steele dossier is an "unverified and salacious" political research memo funded by Trump's Democratic rivals. At worst, it may be Russian disinformation worthy of the "garbage" label given it by esteemed reporter Bob Woodward.

The second document, known as the "black cash ledger," remarkably has escaped the same scrutiny, even though its emergence in Ukraine in the summer of 2016 forced Paul Manafort to resign as Trump's campaign chairman and eventually face U.S. indictment.

In search warrant affidavits, the FBI portrayed the ledger as one reason it resurrected a criminal case against Manafort that was dropped in 2014 and needed search warrants in 2017 for bank records to prove he worked forthe Russian-backed Party of Regions in Ukraine.

There's just one problem: The FBI's public reliance on the ledger came months after the feds were warned repeatedly that the document couldn't be trusted and likely was a fake, according to documents and more than a dozen interviews with knowledgeable sources.

For example, Ukraine's top anticorruption prosecutor, Nazar Kholodnytsky, told me he warned the U.S. State Department's law enforcement liaison and multiple FBI agents in late summer 2016 that Ukrainian authorities who recovered the ledger believed it likely was a fraud.

"It was not to be considered a document of Manafort. It was not authenticated. And at that time it should not be used in any way to bring accusations against anybody," Kholodnytsky said, recalling what he told FBI agents.

Likewise, Manafort's Ukrainian business partner Konstantin Kilimnik, a regular informer for the State Department, told the U.S. government almost immediately after The New York Times wrote about the ledger in August 2016 that the document probably was fake.

It goes on. Ukraine is corrupt and they have been meddling. Trump and Barr are battling them and the Deep State and their allies are fighting back with dirty tricks.
              Last edited by Kidlicious; September 20, 2019, 14:36.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Accepting another opinion piece as fact. The brainwashing is complete.

• Kidlicious
                Kidlicious commented
                Editing a comment
                There are facts in the opinion piece. Stop acting like CNN.

• This is edited by CNN but it's all that's up right now.

Comment

• "I did not!"
                "Of course I did!"
                "I did not!"

Giuliani is an embarrassment.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And you are Fredo's sucker.

Comment

• You're a joke.
                    - Trump to media (right to their faces)

Comment

• Takes one to know one. Swish!
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• The lawsuit marks the latest battle between the federal government and California, whose Democratic leaders have prided themselves on heading a resistance to President Donald Trump and his policies, particularly those related to the environment.

"We will not let political agendas in a single state be forced upon the other 49," Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao said Thursday at a news conference in Washington.

The Trump administration has been working on setting new auto emission rules. But in July, Ford, BMW, Honda and Volkswagen announced they would voluntarily follow California's rules, bypassing the Trump administration.

The Department of Justice then launched an antitrust investigation
                        The Trump administration's decision does not just affect California; 13 other states and the District of Columbia have adopted the state's emission rules for cars and trucks.

They're obsessed with trying to force people to drive cars that pollute more. It's bizarre.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                          The Trump administration's decision does not just affect California; 13 other states and the District of Columbia have adopted the state's emission rules for cars and trucks.

They're obsessed with trying to force people to drive cars that pollute more. It's bizarre.
                          No one will be forced to drive vehicles that pollute more. Right now manufacturers are forced to make cars that pollute less. You can't buy the vehicle you want. But if they reduce the standards people are free to drive their Prius or whatever.

Comment

• It’ll last for a few weeks at most. Trump’s approval ratings have been consistently awful. Obamas were awful for a short period, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No one will be forced to drive vehicles that pollute more. Right now manufacturers are forced to make cars that pollute less. You can't buy the vehicle you want. But if they reduce the standards people are free to drive their Prius or whatever.
                              The people of California, and other states have decided they don't want the excess air pollution.

Comment

Working...
                              X