No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. BoJo is now PM. No Deal Brexit, here we come.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• *popcorn*

I'm getting paid from London, but in USD
      Blah

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        Why not get paid in Euros? How are you going to spend USD?

• BeBMan
        BeBMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, maybe should have been more clear: it does arrive in € in the end, so not technically "paid" but everything is calculated in USD primarily.

• In other news, Mueller says the investigation was not a witch hunt!

Blah

Comment

• And he gets to keep his job because Republicans don't have standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          In other news, Mueller says the investigation was not a witch hunt!
          Exactly what a witch hunter would say!

Comment

• Boris Johnson promises start of "Golden Age". Massive Man-O-War construction program to start.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• He's like Trump without the grifter's charisma.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If he delivers Brexit then he will have done what the people voted to do.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                  Trump's doctored presidential seal leads to firing

A member of a conservative US group has been fired after projecting a doctored version of the presidential seal at an event featuring President Donald Trump.

A representative for the group, Turning Point USA, told the Washington Post that the fake seal was a mistake, the result of a rushed online search.

But while the group called the slip-up "unacceptable", they maintained there was no "malicious intent".

So what's the story behind the doctored presidential seal?

When Mr Trump took to the stage at Turning Point USA's student summit, the president looked to be in his element, greeted by a crowd of adoring young conservatives.

After a 12-minute video detailing his journey to the White House, Mr Trump addressed the group, his remarks met with raucous applause.

"There's never been anything like this," Mr Trump said to the crowd.

But upon closer inspection, something about the president's presentation appeared amiss. First noted by the Washington Post, the seal that was flashed on screen as Mr Trump walked on stage had several calculated tweaks - all of which seemed to poke fun at the president.

Someone is out of a job after a fake seal appeared behind Mr Trump. Can you spot what's wrong?

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Whoever put that up is a hero.

Comment

• pchang
                      pchang commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And fairly clever

• Imperialists, prepare for more defeats, because the Clap in Venezuela will continue... No-one takes the Clap away from the people. - Nicolas Maduro

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      Imperialists, prepare for more defeats, because the Clap in Venezuela will continue... No-one takes the Clap away from the people. - Nicolas Maduro
                      Considering the state of their health care system, that's probably closer to the truth.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                        Whoever put that up is a hero.
                        Hero of which country?
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Hero of which country?
                          US of Aw Snap!

Comment

• Hero of America and Enemy of Amercia!

Comment

Working...
                            X