No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand: Even in your own"space, your legitimacy in snagging a newspaper out of the hands of another ends in your own home or property boundaries... try as much as you wish with your children until they are old enough to let you fall down the stairs.

Comment

• You should be uninvited from NATO.

Comment

• If you liked your doctor before, now just die.
        Mueller may have left Democrats glum but new moves to gut Obamacare could give them the means to counterattack.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by seIf biased View Post
          You should be uninvited from NATO.
          Who?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Denmark-Sczhwitcherland :

0-1
            0-2
            0-3

Seven minutes before time :
            1-3
            Four minutes before time :
            2-3
            One minute in overtime :
            3-3
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Who?
              Nambia!
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• A Kock is trying to protect prostitutes.
                Officials in Amsterdam are halting tours of the Dutch city's famous Red Light District because of concerns about sex workers being treated as tourist attractions.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

Nambia!
                  Wakanda!
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                    'Duck-eating' fish removed from Lakeside shopping centre lake
                    A "rogue" fish has been removed from a lake after children reported seeing it eating ducks.

The 25lb (11.3kg) catfish was caught at the man-made lake at the Lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock, Essex, by the Environment Agency (EA).

A spokesman said fishing contests would be held at the lake to reduce the population of invasive species.

Officer Ben Norrington said: "Large fish have the potential to eat wildfowl so we're pleased we could remove it."

The EA said the animal had been seen eating ducks and other wildfowl.

"Invasive species pose a serious threat to our native wildlife," Mr Norrington added.

The catfish has been relocated to a fully enclosed lake with help from the Catfish Conservation Group.
                    The Environment Agency says the 25lb (11.3kg) catfish was seen eating ducks and other wildfowl.

and....
                    Originally posted by BBC
                    'Utterly ridiculous' path at Felixstowe's Walton Gate ridiculed

A "footpath" on a new development has been ridiculed on social media for its "utterly ridiculous" size.

The footway, measuring about 40cm (just under 16 ins), was created at Walton Gate in Felixstowe, Suffolk.

It attracted comments on a Facebook news page, with one person asking if was "one of things police make you walk along to check whether you're drunk".

Barratt Homes said it was "not a footpath" but a "service margin" that was not intended for pedestrian use.
                    People have joked about it being something "police make you walk along to see if you're drunk".

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Certified Moron Donald Trump Thinks Wind Turbines “Cause Cancer”

Trump, who once likened wind turbines to the Lockerbie bombing, has a new conspiracy theory.

Donald Trump has a long history of attacking wind energy, which he views as a threat to coal and his campaign to transform the planet into a truck-stop urinal, the kind you have to unlock with a key attached to a giant steering wheel. “It’s Friday,” he tweeted one innocent afternoon in August 2012. “How many bald eagles did wind turbines kill today?” A couple months later, he opined: “If Obama keeps pushing wind turbines our country will go down the tubes economically, environmentally & aesthetically,” not mentioning that his own personal aesthetic could be best described as “Louis XIV projectile vomit.” He spent most of 2013 and 2014 fighting Scotland‘s First Minister over plans to build an offshore wind farm near his Aberdeenshire golf course, telling an Irish paper that “wind farms are a disaster for Scotland, like Pan Am 103,” i.e. the transatlantic flight that was bombed by a terrorist in 1988, killing all 259 passengers on board and 11 on the ground when large part of the aircraft landed on residential areas of Lockerbie, Scotland. (“Here’s a reference these Scots will understand,” he presumably thought to himself.) Returning to his avian anxieties, the noted animal-rights activist told a West Virginia crowd last summer, “You look underneath some of those windmills, it’s like a killing field [for] birds.”

His concerns, it seems, aren’t limited to wildlife. “If Hillary got in. . . you’d be doing wind. Windmills. Weee,” he told the crowd at a rally in Michigan last week during an aside that, were he not president, would be submitted as evidence to have him committed. “If it doesn’t blow, you can forget about television for that night. ‘Darling, I want to watch television.’ ‘I’m sorry! The wind isn’t blowing.’ I know a lot about wind.” So, really, it was only a matter of time before this happened:
                      President Donald Trump on Tuesday launched his latest wild attack on wind turbines, an energy source that has long attracted his ire.
                      “They say the noise causes cancer,” the president remarked of the turbines at the National Republican Congressional Committee fund-raiser in Washington, D.C. “If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations—your house just went down 75 percent in value.”

As virtually everyone on the Internet was quick to point out, out here, on planet Earth, cancer is not caused by noise, wind-induced or otherwise. Meanwhile, an energy source that does tend to cause health issues, as New York’s Jonathan Chait notes, “is coal, an extremely dirty fuel Trump loves and has attempted to bolster, with almost no success. Aside from costing more to produce than other sources of power, and in addition to enormous air-pollution side effects, coal also emits greenhouse gases in large amounts.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...-causes-cancer

Comment

• are Chinese spies really that incompetent?

a woman tried to get access to Mar Lago

Comment

• It's likely already worked, probably more than once. That place is a security disaster waiting to happen, both physically and cyber.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Meanwhile Japan has declared war against space

Hayabusa-2: Japanese probe likely to have 'bombed' an asteroid

Blah

Comment

• Trump declares US is full. I guess we won’t be needing to eat any more for awhile....

Comment

• Another one bites the dust.

Originally posted by BBC
                                Kirstjen Nielsen: US Homeland Security chief resigns

The US Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen, who enforced some of President Trump's controversial border policies, has resigned.

Ms Nielsen called it "an honour of a lifetime" to work in the department.

President Trump tweeted she would be temporarily replaced by Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan.

Ms Nielsen was responsible for implementing the proposed border wall and the separation of migrant families.

She gave no reason for her departure in her resignation letter, although she said this was "the right time for me to step aside" and said the US "is safer today than when I joined the Administration".
                                Kirstjen Nielsen oversaw some of President Trump's controversial US border policies.

Comment

Working...
                                X