Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    WHat`s wrong with some US police officers?

Threatening to kill a pregnant woman and her brother despite them complying with the orders of the officers:
    https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status...33347280039937

Killing a sleeping black man in his car with 25 shots (after firing 55 shots within 3.5 secs from close proximity ) and hen calling it justified, just because, while sleeping, he had a gun in his lap:
    https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/stat...26746653872129
    Today’s top breaking news, delivered without bias or snark.

(another ridiculous thing: After shooting and killing him, they ordered him to show his hands)
    Ahh, i see what the problem is! You are dumb enough to believe one sided lies and spin on twitter. That is not very intelligent of you.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I wonder if someone in Argentina said, "Alexa, take down the power grid." ?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Argentina is a country that runs on the motto "meh, good enough" and everything reflects that stuff isn't really up to snuff but kind of, sort of is just good enough. I doubt they have been doing their proper maintenance or keeping things with in their projected operating life cycle.

Comment

• https://kfyi.iheart.com/featured/mik...GGf6BjcuPeHtYU

Also, wrt to the previous anti-police bull**** out of the poorly informed foreigner who should learn to stfu about things he had limited knowledge about...

Well, the black couple lying and claiming racial profiling and "police brutality" are serial shoplyfters and thieves. Yes, they did indeed train the children to steal for them and have been repeatedly caught doing this scam. Also they lead the police on a giant chase trying to escape so this was not some innocent misunderstanding but the work of multiply convictioned felons running their usual crime ring exploiting their children to do so.

Kindly go put your head in a toilet with your race baiting nonsense.
          Last edited by Dinner; June 18, 2019, 13:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Well, the black vouple lyinh and claiming racial profiling and "police brutality" are serial seriaifters and thieves.
            Oh, so that's why the cops turned off their body cams and omitted facts from their report. Now it all makes sense.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• They have tons of video including inside the shop of the whole family stealing and the parents directing their children to also steal. They then ran from the police, twice, so, yes, I can easily see why the cops acted the way they did. They wantef to make sure this family organized crime ring didn't try to run a third time.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                And black shoplifters should be shot on sight. By police. You fascist.

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Well, the black couple lying and claiming racial profiling and "police brutality" are serial shoplyfters and thieves. Yes, they did indeed train the children to steal for them and have been repeatedly caught doing this scam. Also they lead the police on a giant chase trying to escape so this was not some innocent misunderstanding but the work of multiply convictioned felons running their usual crime ring exploiting their children to do so.
              is it acceptable for police to use of the threat of deadly force when someone is stealing and no bystander is in immediate peril ?
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Let us review the crimes they knowingly and willingly committed just in this one case, not their long criminal histories, shoplifting, evading arrest, resisting arrest, and child endangerment. That is at least three felonies so, yes, it can indeed be acceptable given that the criminals were violently resisting and it was one cop trying to control violent professional criminals. That the media lies covering for these career criminals playing the race card is just utterly disgusting.

The police should be able to get hundreds of millions of dollars in damages from media outlets who peddle such slander and lies.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The police should be fired. The family should be able to successfully sue for millions.

• I think it's always better to shoot first and ask questions later.
                Blah

Comment

• pchang
                  pchang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only for those with good aim.

• Police are such cowards. "Boo hoo there's only ten of us against this one black guy who's asleep in his car we'd better open fire before he even realizes we're here we're so scared he might do something!!!111!11!"

Comment

• In the news today.
                  Originally posted by BBC
                  Bear falls asleep in wardrobe after entering home

A black bear has been found sleeping in a wardrobe after apparently locking itself into a room in a home in the US state of Montana.

Alerted to the intrusion in Butler Creek, police said the large mammal just yawned when officers knocked on the window to wake it up.

It eventually had to be tranquilised and removed.

Police warned people to lock up their homes as the bear reportedly tried at least two other doors in the area.

They said the bear had somehow entered a laundry room in the house and managed to bolt the door from the inside.

It began ripping the room apart before apparently feeling tired and climbing into the wardrobe for a nap.
                  Police in the US state of Montana found the animal resting after it had locked itself into a room.

elsewhere in Japan.
                  Originally posted by BBC
                  Rogue slug blamed for Japanese railway chaos
                  A power cut that disrupted rail traffic on a Japanese island last month was caused by a slug, officials say.

More than 12,000 people's journeys were affected when nearly 30 trains on Kyushu shuddered to a halt because of the slimy intruder's actions.

Its electrocuted remains were found lodged inside equipment next to the tracks, Japan Railways says.

The incident in Japan has echoes of a shutdown caused by a weasel at Europe's Large Hadron Collider in 2016.

When the animal took a fatal chew on wiring inside a high-voltage transformer, it caused a short circuit which temporarily stopped the work of the particle accelerator.

In Japan, local media on the trail of the slug report that it managed to squeeze through a tiny gap to get into a load disconnector.

A British cousin of the ill-fated mollusc achieved notoriety in 2011, The Guardian reports, when it crawled inside a traffic light control box in the northern town of Darlington and caused a short circuit, resulting in "traffic chaos".
                  A power cut that stopped trains on Kyushu island was caused by a slug shorting the system.

and meanwhile in Germany...
                  Originally posted by BBC
                  Urinating man causes injuries on Berlin boat
                  A man urinating off a bridge in Berlin has caused a number of injuries, according to the Berlin Fire Department.

The unidentified man urinated from the low lying Jannowitz Bridge onto a tourist boat on Friday evening.

A number of people on board the boat jumped up in surprise, hitting their heads as the boat passed under the bridge.

Four people were taken to hospital by ambulance with head lacerations.

It is not known if the man was fined or arrested.

The man's actions were criticised on social media.

One person wrote on Twitter: "The animals in the zoo behave better."
                  Some passengers jumped up in surprise and injured themselves by hitting their heads.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• I have $20 which says it was a migrant. This is right up their alley.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When did you become so desperate to demonize others?

• Dinner
                      Dinner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pattern recognition has nothing to do with "demonizing". Most pick pockets, drug dealers, and thieves in most western European big cities are migrants. It is simply what they do.

• The rerun of the Istanbul elections took part today.

If you remember:
                    The first run of the election for the city parliament and mayor of Istanbul resultt in a loss for the AKP and its candidate.
                    (which was a novum as the AKP held Istanbul for more than a decade)

Erdogan then claimed that the elections had been manipulated.and ordered a rerun (which, no surprise, was granted by the AKP controlled election committee)

Well, the rerun of the election resulted not only in the AKP candidate losing again, but this time the difference was even greater than the first time

Istanbul election set to be won by Turkish opposition party, according to unofficial results that would deal a blow to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

I guess this will severely weaken Erdogan and the AKP.

The "possession" of Istanbul was the engine that kept the web of favoritism of Erdogan and the AKP together (as it provided the huge amounts of money and public contracts that were shuffled around to Erdogans favorites).
                    so, when the opposition party takes power in Istanbul one can expect that Erdogans netowrk of favorites will run dry in funds very soon
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Sucks to be a neo-Nazi!
                      Originally posted by BBC
                      Beer ban leaves German neo-Nazi rock fans thirsty
                      Beer and marching songs may have fuelled Adolf Hitler's rise to power, but neo-Nazis faced an alcohol ban at a German rock festival at the weekend.

The ban was a new tool in the fight against neo-Nazi influence. Some 2,000 locals in the eastern town of Ostritz also rallied against the far right.

Police seized 4,200 litres (924 UK gallons) of beer in Ostritz on Friday, then 200 litres more on Saturday.

Locals also bought more than 200 crates of beer in the town's supermarkets.

They suspected that fans going to the "Shield and Sword" (SS) festival would descend on supermarkets, knowing about the alcohol ban, which had been imposed by a Dresden court.

An Ostritz society activist, Georg Salditt, told Germany's popular Bild daily: "The plan was devised a week in advance. We wanted to dry the Nazis out. We thought, if an alcohol ban is coming, we'll empty the shelves at the Penny [supermarket]."
                      Police remove crates of beer to tame a far-right rock festival in eastern Germany.

[insert obligatory Soviet Russia joke here]
                      Originally posted by BBC
                      'Metal thieves' steal rail bridge in Russia
                      A criminal case has been launched in Russia's Arctic region of Murmansk after suspected metal thieves made off with a railway bridge.

Local prosecutors say the unknown perpetrators removed a metal structure 23m long and weighing 56 tonnes from the bridge - its main central span.

The disused bridge is located in a remote forest near the abandoned settlement of Oktyabrskaya, around 170km (100 miles) south of the regional capital, Murmansk.

Luckily, the bridge was disused and the tracks lifted long ago, according to state newspaper Rossiskaya Gazeta.

The railway over the bridge was once used to transport concentrated rare earth elements from a nearby plant, but was closed when the business went bankrupt in 2007, the daily said.
                      The bridge in the remote Arctic is thought to have been dismantled for scrap metal.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                        Sucks to be a neo-Nazi!

Police remove crates of beer to tame a far-right rock festival in eastern Germany.

Beer is too precious to be wasted on nutjobs.

Blah

Comment

Working...
                        X