No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might be that the drafters of the 14th meant something else.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Honduran caravan using women and children as human shield.

Comment

• Whitey is dead:

Bulger was severely beaten by one or more inmates shortly after arriving at the prison, sources say.

Blah

Comment

• https://www.politico.com/magazine/am...d-trump-222060

It appears that Mueller has spent the last several months fighting legal battles to subpoena Trump and force him to testify before the Grand Jury. It is all coming to a head.
          Last edited by Dinner; October 31, 2018, 10:53.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Your most useful post in quite some time. Thanks.

• Originally posted by BBC
          Essex village used in 'appalling' Trump candidate ad
          A United States congressional candidate has used a picture of a British seaside village to show what could happen if voters do not back President Trump.

An advert used an image of Jaywick Sands, near Clacton in Essex, to attack Dr Nick Stella's Democrat opponent.

The campaign picture, which showed an unpaved road and rundown homes, said: "Help President Trump keep America on track and thriving."

It has received angry criticism from locals and Tendring District Council.

Republican Dr Stella is standing in the 11th Illinois congressional district in the US mid-term elections against Bill Foster.

The advert, which was shared on Dr Stella's campaign Facebook page, showed a billboard congratulating congress speaker Nancy Pelosi and a message saying: "A vote for Foster is a vote for a speaker Pelosi. We can't go back to foreclosures, unemployment and economic recession."

Jaywick Sands in Essex features in an advert for Republican congressional candidate Dr Nick Stella.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            https://www.politico.com/magazine/am...d-trump-222060

It appears that Mueller has spent the last several months fighting legal battles to subpoena Trump and force him to testify before the Grand Jury. It is all coming to a head.

Comment

• I guess we can assume that Kid didn't even bother to read the article.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                It might be that the drafters of the 14th meant something else.
                So what do we do, build a time machine and ask them to take a vote?

Comment

• A saga involving right-wing conspirators unravelled in US media throughout Tuesday.

An attempt to smear Mueller goes down in flames.

I'm sure Kid will claim it's a false flag operation. or just totally false.

The plan unravelled across US media on Tuesday, one day after Jacob Wohl, a 20-year-old conservative blogger, tweeted on Monday night that a "scandalous" story about Mr Mueller was about to break.
                  Skip Twitter post by @JacobAWohl

Jacob Wohl@JacobAWohl
                  Several media sources tell me that a scandalous story about Mueller is breaking tomorrow. Should be interesting. Stay tuned!
                  11:52 PM - Oct 29, 2018
                  Twitter Ads info and privacy
                  End of Twitter post by @JacobAWohl
                  After his tweet, a number of US-based journalists, including Medium's Scott Stedman, began tweeting to warn people they believed Mr Wohl's referred to an apparent plan to spread "false accusations" about Mr Mueller.
                  Skip Twitter post by @ScottMStedman

Scott Stedman@ScottMStedman
                  Replying to @ScottMStedman
                  Two weeks ago, I was contacted by a woman who claimed to be a former associate of Mueller who said that she got a phone call from a man working on behalf of a GOP operative who was paying women to come forward to make up sexual assault allegations.
                  12:06 AM - Oct 30, 2018
                  Twitter Ads info and privacy
                  End of Twitter post by @ScottMStedman
                  He and other US journalists said they had received an email from a woman named Lorraine Parsons earlier this month, who claimed someone working for a Republican lobbyist called Jack Burkman had contacted her.

Mr Burkman, who has a radio show, is notorious in Washington for spreading conspiracy theories and has been involved in a number of other high-profile publicity attempts around them.

In her emails, "Lorraine" said the man alleged he could help her pay off some of her family's $30,000+ credit card debt in exchange for her making accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Mr Mueller, whom she told the journalists she worked with in the 1970s.

I would say you just can't make this stuff up, but apparently you can.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Those Republicans were just being too cheap. I’m sure that adding 2 0s to the end of their offer would have worked better. This is just like Donny and the amount he paid to Stormy and that other woman.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The greatest President in US history is sending 15,000 troops to the Mexican border to protect us from that caravan. What a caring and gentle man Trump is!
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                        The greatest President in US history is sending 15,000 troops to the Mexican border to protect us from that caravan. What a caring and gentle man Trump is!
                        That "caravan" has guns and human shields.

Comment

• PITTSBURGH – Jeffrey Myers, the Pittsburgh rabbi who watched as 11 of his congregants were gunned down during Saturday services, says he has become a political target and is receiving hate mail for saying he would welcome President Trump to his place of prayer.
                          What do you call that?

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                            Those Republicans were just being too cheap. I’m sure that adding 2 0s to the end of their offer would have worked better. This is just like Donny and the amount he paid to Stormy and that other woman.
                            They offered to pay off $30,000 in credit card bills and give her $20,000 in cash to make false accusations. Also this is straight out of Nixon’s Playbook and a whole lot of Republicans went to jail when Nixon tried this. I would be very surprised if this criminal conspiracy didn’t lead back to some big names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Perhaps Kidiot would like to bet?

Comment

Working...
                              X