No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you talking about the Communist Kurds?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Now you're pro-war, because Orange Man.
      I would be of the same opinion if it had been a decision by the Obama government.

I am against letting get the syrian kurdish territory get under control of Erdogan.
      Especially since the kurdish troops fought bravely and (in contrast to the americans) gave lots of their blood in defense of freedom

And what will happen when/if the kurdish territory gets under control of Erdogan can be perfectly well be seen in the turkish territories already under turkish control.
      Actively efforts to erase the turkish culture (including forbidding turkish kurds to speak the kurdish language) and genocide

It may also happen that the kurdish territory in Syria becomes a permanent battleground between IS (contrary to Trumps statements the IS still has almost 20k fighters ... they are weak, but not totally erased), the Kurds, Turkey, Iran and Syria. Some kind oif instable region that Obama was accused of creating when he withdrew his trooops from Iraq ... and therefore possibly a breeding ground for some new extremist movement.

That the stab in the back of the syrian Kurds will also not go unnoticed by other minorities (that could be useful to the americans in the future) should also be clear.
      It will very likely result in such movements ratrher seeking the help of russia or Chiona than the USA ... according to the motto: Timeo Americanos et dona ferentes
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

I would be of the same opinion if it had been a decision by the Obama government.

I am against letting get the syrian kurdish territory get under control of Erdogan.
        Especially since the kurdish troops fought bravely and (in contrast to the americans) gave lots of their blood in defense of freedom

And what will happen when/if the kurdish territory gets under control of Erdogan can be perfectly well be seen in the turkish territories already under turkish control.
        Actively efforts to erase the turkish culture (including forbidding turkish kurds to speak the kurdish language) and genocide

It may also happen that the kurdish territory in Syria becomes a permanent battleground between IS (contrary to Trumps statements the IS still has almost 20k fighters ... they are weak, but not totally erased), the Kurds, Turkey, Iran and Syria. Some kind oif instable region that Obama was accused of creating when he withdrew his trooops from Iraq ... and therefore possibly a breeding ground for some new extremist movement.

That the stab in the back of the syrian Kurds will also not go unnoticed by other minorities (that could be useful to the americans in the future) should also be clear.
        It will very likely result in such movements ratrher seeking the help of russia or Chiona than the USA ... according to the motto: Timeo Americanos et dona ferentes
        Send German boys to protect them.

Comment

Send German boys to protect them.
          Wouldn't look nice for the world, if german troops would occupy foreign territory again, less than 75 years after the 3rd Reich
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Wouldn't look nice for the world, if german troops would occupy foreign territory again, less than 75 years after the 3rd Reich
            But you think it looks good for us?

Comment

But you think it looks good for us?
              You, just like the russians, have a habit/70 year old tradition of occupying foreign territories and fighting proxy wars ... it would look totally normal if you do it

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Not a short read, but definitely worth the time. Article details the sh1tshow that was Trump's "transition" into office, including what really happened with Chris Christie getting shut out of any post in the new administration:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...ransition-team
                Not that it matters, but I did post that link eight posts before you

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My bad. Well done, you!

You, just like the russians, have a habit/70 year old tradition of occupying foreign territories and fighting proxy wars ... it would look totally normal if you do it
                There is no public support for just protecting Kurds or containing Turkey.

Comment

• There's no public support for Trump being president either ...

Comment

• I want to post a quippy one-liner so I can fit in too.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Trump blamed Obama for creating ISIS by not keeping troops in Iraq. He said we should protect the Kurds. Now he's going to try to create ISIS2 and not protect the Kurds?

Comment

• pchang
                        pchang commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Trump did not get a good performance review from Putin this fall. Trump is hoping that pulling out of Syria will get him a bigger raise next year.

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm sure the Ayatollahs will also be happy America retreated.

• "ACLU sues Texas over law that says contractors can't boycott Israel"

Comment

• Trump abandoning Syria is exactly what Putin wants. I suspect he is completely compromised.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• They read out the transcripts of the court proceedings right there It debunks all of kidiot's lies.

Comment

• We all know why he is abandoning the Kurds... His master told him to. The second we leave Assad will start killing them.

Comment

Working...
                            X