Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    The novelist who, 7 years ago, wrote an essay about "How to murder your husband" was arrested on charges of murdering her husband

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c1c98efa6d41
    ...but how did she do it?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

...but how did she do it?
      He was a chef, worked at the "Oregon Culinary Institute" and was known to go to work early.
      Seems like she followed him to work and then shot him in his office, before his students and other employees arrived

Dunno if it was one of practices she recommended in "How to murder your husband", however
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        The novelist who, 7 years ago, wrote an essay about "How to murder your husband" was arrested on charges of murdering her husband

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c1c98efa6d41
        We've gone from "If I Did It" to "I Will Do It". And some people argue there's no such thing as progress!

Comment

• Another indication of better jobs, quit rate is up. Under Obama people has notsogood jobs. Now under Trump they can move to better jobs.

U.S. employers advertised the most jobs on record in July, and the proportion of workers quitting their jobs also hit a new all-time high.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Fauuxxxx news. The quit rate was up during Obama. Again riding the coattails. Trump has done next to nothing besides cause jumps in inflation and slow growth.

That witch hunt is heating up.

Paul Manafort is going to take a plea bargain in order to avoid a second trial. Kidiot will claim he is innocent lol

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• The Pope says that the person that accused him of not doing anything about child molestation is like Satan. This is what happens when the Pope is a liberal.

Satan has been "unleashed" against the Catholic bishops, Pope Francis said Tuesday in reference to the former papal nuncio to the U.S.

Comment

• Breitbarf. If there is a hell, the founder of that site is there.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Tennis umpires are considering boycotting Serena Williams because they perceive a lack of concern about her behaviour.

Comment

• Yeah, they whined about John McEnroe too. Remember how ppl argued that he shouldn't be allowed back to Wimbledon?

Comment

• pchang
                      pchang commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ultimately, no one pays to see the refs.

• If you marry a woman who writes a book about how to murder your husband ... isn’t it assisted suicide instead?

Comment

• No. 99% of men are exactly that stupid.

Comment

• JohnT
                        JohnT commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Heh, we have found agreement on something, Kid.

• Giancarlo
                        Giancarlo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That explains Trump being elected.

• Seems like they were already married for 21 years when she wrote the essay.

And divorcing her would have been risky, because it seems like one of th motives she gave in the essay, for murdering your husband, was that divorces are expensive
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Ginsburg commented that the confirmation process should be less political. "Political" isn't even the right word for the way they behaved. Those people belong in prison. They have the criminal personally. The thought of them having power is terrifying.
                        Last edited by Kidlicious; September 13, 2018, 05:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          Ginsburg commented that the confirmation process should be less political. "Political" isn't even the right word for the way they behaved. Those people belong in prison. They have the criminal personally. The thought of them having power is testifying.
                          She was attacking republicans, you buffoon. You know who belongs in prison? The dear leader under criminal investigation. **** off already. Calling to jail political opponents for no reason simply because you don't agree with them?

Oh I'm sorry, but I don't think a president under active criminal investigation should be appointing judges.

Comment

• Marco Rubio (in 11/1/2016):Obviously, we all understand the importance of this presidential race. I would just ask everybody this: Can this country afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI? Think of the trauma that would do to this country.

-----------------------------Founded in 2010, American Bridge 21st Century is the largest research, video tracking, and rapid response organization in Democr...

Kellyanne Conway (10/28/2016): Most honest people I know are not under FBI investigation, let alone two.

Reince Priebus (about someone with a running FBI investigation becoming PotUS): "This alone should be disqualifying for anyone seeking the presidency, a job that is supposed to begin each morning with a top secret intelligence briefing."

Comment

Working...
                            X