No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These morons are the same ones that voiced their support for Erdogan. The Romanian President is doing appropriate measures. South Korea did it to a former President who is now serving a 24 year prison sentence.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
      Trump warns of 'left-wing violence' if Democrats win mid-term elections

US President Donald Trump has warned that his policies will be "violently" overturned if the Democrats win November's mid-term elections.

He told Evangelical leaders that the vote was a "referendum" on freedom of speech and religion, and that these were threatened by "violent people".

He appealed to conservative Christian groups for help, saying they were one vote away from "losing everything".

During the meeting, Mr Trump said the mid-term elections were not just a referendum on him but also "on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment [guaranteeing basic freedoms]".

"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence. When you look at Antifa - these are violent people," he said.
      Oh Noes! If them Lib'rul Demoncrats win the Midterms, then all the christians will be wiped out and the US will become a Communist Islamist Fundamentalist Atheist Dictatorship with free health care!
      He seeks to rally the religious right for the mid-term elections, saying basic freedoms are at risk.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Republicans are running at 34-36% of the popular vote in the midterms for the House. Lol. Shellacking is coming.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• if the dems don't get out and vote that may be enough. Don't underestimate the no shows. It cost them in 2016
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            if the dems don't get out and vote that may be enough. Don't underestimate the no shows. It cost them in 2016
            I'm going by current trajectories. Democrats are exceeding turnouts in various states. Especially in key states like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Democrats completely outdid republican turnout in those two states in primaries.

Comment

• Wow. Putin raised the retirement age for men in Russia from 60 to 65. The problem is that the average lifespan for men in Russia is only 66. Right now 43% of Russian men will die before they can retire.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Is that life expectancy at birth, or past a certain age? I don't know if Russia has a problem with child mortality, but hell, they've got a problem with everything else. It's possible.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Wow. Putin raised the retirement age for men in Russia from 60 to 65. The problem is that the average lifespan for men in Russia is only 66. Right now 43% of Russian men will die before they can retire.
                  Alcoholism is a huge problem and by 2040, their population is expected to decline by 20-30 million. Russia has one of the biggest demographic crisis in the world. Drug abuse is also extremely prevalent amongst younger people. Its so bad the Russian military can't even field full units.

Russia is forecasting a dramatic decrease in the number of working-age citizens over the coming years, a fall that could stymie a return to growth after a deep two-year recession.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Wow. Putin raised the retirement age for men in Russia from 60 to 65. The problem is that the average lifespan for men in Russia is only 66. Right now 43% of Russian men will die before they can retire.
                    And in the EU they allow mass migration so that no one can ever retire.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• pchang
                      pchang commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is the exact opposite of how it works

• Kidlicious
                      Kidlicious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Better check the contributions by immigrants.

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                    Oh Noes! If them Lib'rul Demoncrats win the Midterms, then all the christians will be wiped out and the US will become a Communist Islamist Fundamentalist Atheist Dictatorship with free health care!
                    He seeks to rally the religious right for the mid-term elections, saying basic freedoms are at risk.

Comment

• The most beautiful Flotus of all time planted a tree in high heels. You've come a long way baby.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "Planted a tree" LOLOLOL!!!

• She's probably thinking, I wish it was Donald instead of this tree.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        The most beautiful Flotus of all time planted a tree in high heels. You've come a long way baby.

Has she on the marriage yet?

Comment

• Right wing terrorist trump supporters do use violence. They shoot up schools, churches and attack abortion clinics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• More on Trumps favorite country (not America) :

I posted on the demographic crisis before. Turns out all those reforms Putin attempted have failed. Russia has spent significant sums on the military, neglecting social services. Back in 2016, the government said the country turned a corner on the demographic crisis, but that turns out to be a false narrative. The birth rate is still dropping.
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                            X