No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Learn to embed.

• The official flag of MAGAtopia:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180827_192624.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	9357974

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      This is obviously Fake News! Trump cannot colour between the lines!
      Last edited by Uncle Sparky; August 27, 2018, 23:37.

• Seems like the public pressure was too much for the WH/Donnie.

They half-masted the flag again and Donnie (or rather some WH staffer in his name) gave out an official proclamation:
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
      The top US official overseeing student loan complaints has resigned, alleging that the government has abandoned borrowers, US media report.

Seth Frotman, who served as Student Loan Ombudsman at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) for three years, is due to leave by Friday.

His resignation letter reportedly said the CFPB "silenced warnings" and favoured companies over students.

The CFPB has declined to comment on "personnel matters".

In a letter addressed to CFPB acting director Mick Mulvaney, published in full by NPR, Mr Frotman said the CFPB was now "shield[ing] student loan companies from accountability for widespread abuses".

"For nearly seven years I was proud to be part of an agency that served no party and no administration; the Consumer Bureau focused solely on doing what was right for American consumers. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case."

"At every turn your political appointees have silenced warnings by those of us tasked with standing up for servicemembers and students."

Mr Frotman's letter outlined three broad ways in which the CFPB "made sweeping changes" that ultimately hurt families: undercutting law enforcement, undermining the CFPB's political independence and shielding "bad actors" from scrutiny, according to US media.
      Silly Frotman, the CFPB's purpose is to protect the loan companies, not the students.
      The top advocate for student borrowers reportedly resigns, saying the bureau has "betrayed" students.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Especially if those loan companies had made loans to students attending Trump University.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Well when you have a crook like Mick Mulvaney in charge what impact were you hoping to make?
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            If people don't like you then you probably aren't a hero
            Trump even got blasted by GOP senators for this utter display of lack of respect for the deceased, that was shown by having the flag at full-mast on monday morning

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• That's stupid. The base didn't like McCain.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?

Comment

That's stupid. The base didn't like McCain.

Comment

• And Donnie had to back down and re-lower the flag.
                  What an ass.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's stupid. The base didn't like McCain.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• POTUS has negotiated a better deal with Mexico than Clinton NAFTA.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How can you say it's better? What details do you have? So far, all we have is a "Donnie made a deal" news cycle and a lot of vague talk about auto manufacturing. Just like the Trump "agreements" with Putin and North Korea, all we have is a headline, with nothing on paper, no details, and no congressional oversight. SQUIRREL!

POTUS has negotiated a better deal with Mexico than Clinton NAFTA.

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...rade_Agreement

The impetus for a North American free trade zone began with U.S. President Ronald Reagan, who made the idea part of his campaign when he announced his candidacy for the presidency in November 1979.[15]Canada and the United States signed the Canada–United States Free Trade Agreement(FTA) in 1988, and shortly afterward Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari decided to approach US president George H. W. Bush to propose a similar agreement in an effort to bring in foreign investment following the Latin American debt crisis.[15] As the two leaders began negotiating, the Canadian government under Prime Minister Brian Mulroney feared that the advantages Canada had gained through the Canada–US FTA would be undermined by a US–Mexican bilateral agreement, and asked to become a party to the US–Mexican talks.[16] Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three nations, the three leaders signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992.[17]
                        Anyone who is not a moron wanna tell us who was President on December 2nd, 1992?

Comment

• OK so Trump is better than Reagan.

Comment

Working...
                          X