No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a lesser demon wants to possess me I feel insulted. I have been trained by Archdemons to accept. I don't wan't no tiddlywind-ass, try to ruin your life in a week ass, nutslap demon that works on gothic impress-your-friends, black fingernail speak in tongues ass worshipers. AAHZ a Fallen-One, boy. A decade of training.

You will be punished by Father Satan if you embarrass The Family again. Now bring me a demon WORTH something to join. Or should I call Pruflas again?
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• A flame-haired female Russian student was a Kremlin spy who offered sex as she sought to make influential connections in the US political system, a court heard. Maria Butina, 29, took part in a "years-long conspiracy" to secretly advance the interests of the Russian government in America, it was alleged. Butina appeared in court in Washington on Wednesday and pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiracy, and acting as a foreign agent, which carry a possible 10-year jail term. Dressed in an orange jump suit, and pink training shoes, she showed little emotion and said nothing, taking copious handwritten notes during a lengthy hearing. Judge Deborah Robinson denied bail, saying there was no other way to prevent Butina seeking diplomatic refuge at the Russian Embassy. Maria Butina in a picture from her Facebook page  The court was shown an FBI surveillance photograph of Butina having dinner with a Russian intelligence officer at a restaurant called Bistro Bis in Washington. Prosecutors said there were also photographs of her with Sergey Kislyak, the former Russian ambassador. For several years Butina had been studying at American University in Washington, and she also became a high profile pro-gun activist, telling how she learned to hunt wolves and bears in Siberia. In a 29-page complaint, which read like an extract from a spy novel, prosecutors alleged that was a cover story. At one point she had been praised by her Kremlin handler for “upstaging” the former Russian spy Anna Chapman, it was alleged. Maria Butina in a picture from her Facebook page  Ms Chapman, a red-haired Russian intelligence agent, was expelled from the US in 2010 and has since become a celebrity in Russia. After a series of news articles were published about Butina's gun activism a Russian official wrote to her: "Good morning! How are you faring there in the rays of the new fame? Are your admirers asking for your autographs yet? "You have upstaged Anna Chapman. She poses with toy pistols, while you are being published with real ones.” Through her gun activism Butina had her photograph taken with a string of high profile Republican figures including state governors Scott Walker, Rick Scott and Bobby Jindal, Senator Rick Santorum, and National Rifle Association chief executive Wayne LaPierre. A courtroom sketch depicts Maria Butina, in orange suit listening to her attorney Robert Driscoll  as he speaks to Judge Deborah Robinson during a hearing in federal court in Washington, Wednesday, July 18, 2018 Credit: Dana Verkouteren/AP She also asked Donald Trump a question about Russia following his speech at a National Prayer Breakfast event in February last year. In another message she was praised by a Russian official for being a ”daredevil” after she shared a photograph of herself near the US Capitol on Mr Trump's Inauguration Day. Butina wrote back: “Good teachers!” Prosecutors alleged Butina developed a relationship with a 56-year-old American. He was named in court only as "Person 1" but US media reported that he was a Republican strategist.  In papers seized by the FBI, Butina allegedly “complained about living” with the older man and “expressed disdain for continuing to cohabitate” with him, according to prosecutors. Maria Butina in a picture from her Facebook page  It was also alleged that Butina offered another person “sex in exchange for a position within a special interest organisation”.  The FBI also allegedly found a hand-written note with the words "How to respond to FSB offer of employment”. The FSB is the successor to the KGB.  In her communications Butina repeatedly referred to a billionaire Russian oligarch as her "funder," prosecutors alleged. Butina was arrested after the FBI suspected she might trying to leave the country. Robert Driscoll, Butina's lawyer, told the court she denied wrongdoing. He said: "There's a completely innocent explanation. She’s accused of having dinner at Bistro Bis.  She’s accused of going to political events. She’s accused of going to the Capitol on Inauguration Day."

Explosive new developments regarding Maria Butina, the Russian spy that was arrested. She attempted to develop physical relationships with key figures. She had close connections to Sergey Kislyak. The former Russian ambassador who had personal communication with Trump. Most of all she was in Washington on inauguration day. Trumps inauguration raised record amounts of money from shady sources. Many say it was a bribery free for all. Pay for play basically.

I believe she was funneling money in inauguration day to Trump in order for the Russian government to receive political favors in exchange. This is the clearest evidence of corruption.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/5/1750572...ans-rick-gates

Butina wasn't prosecuted by Mueller, but I am sure she will be questioned by his team (most likely already has been).

It is likely she will cut a deal to avoid a potential life sentence.

Sorry kid, but they now have an operative who was documented at key functions, including the inauguration of little fingers. An operative they have substantial evidence on.

Not a conspiracy theory. Most of what I said was named in the indictment.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Many say
        and
        I believe
        aren't exactly definitive proof on anything.

But I hope you're right and this leads to concrete evidence. Even if it does though, they may not be able to link it directly to Donald. But here's to hoping.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Whether Trump had a direct payment or a promise of future benefit or kompromit... there is no question that he is taking Russia's side against our allies around the world, against our national security agencies and against over 50% of us.

Which is treason.

Even if 60% of those who voted for him now say that they support that.

JM
          (My bet is that for Trump personally the benefit is huge loan write-offs and so on. It is all the people around him who need payments which he can't make.)
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            and aren't exactly definitive proof on anything.

But I hope you're right and this leads to concrete evidence. Even if it does though, they may not be able to link it directly to Donald. But here's to hoping.
            True, but a lot of what I said was already disclosed in the indictment against her. And Trumps inauguration day fund raising is under investigation .
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Good luck proving it's treason.
              I think back to Al Capone. Out of all the horrible things he did, it was tax evasion that put him away.

Go through Trumps Tax returns.

​​​​​​​
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

True, but a lot of what I said was already disclosed in the indictment against her. And Trumps inauguration day fund raising is under investigation .
                Yeah, but there will always be people to throw under the bus, and Trump has proved to be adept at that. It will only be truly satisfying if they get him. At least for me anyway.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good luck proving it's treason.
                  I think back to Al Capone. Out of all the horrible things he did, it was tax evasion that put him away.

​​​​​​​
                  Well at the very least financial crimes may be his undoing. But there appears to be much more. And if an organization like the NRA is heavily damaged, I will still be happy.

Trump may throw others under the bus, but his teflon is wearing off.

Comment

Good luck proving it's treason.

​​​​​​​
                    You can just repeat the last week to prove treason. The fact is that a significant portion of the country seem to be OK with, or OK with the slimmest of deniability.

This is because of politics, not a lack of evidence. But treason is always at least partially political, so I agree that the best is that another 6% turn against him politically which should be enough (assuming that he doesn't allow Russia to complete subvert our election) to politically restrict him and get less political justice to move forward (tax returns/etc).

Since it would require another 20% or so to turn against him politically to get him for treason.

JM
                    (It does look like we got 4% but 4% might not be enough if it is in the wrong places.)
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Treason is OK! As long as it makes liberals cry, that's all that really matters.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                        Treason is OK! As long as it makes liberals cry, that's all that really matters.
                        Fat jokes make liberals cry. Liberals love treason.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

You can just repeat the last week to prove treason. The fact is that a significant portion of the country seem to be OK with, or OK with the slimmest of deniability.

This is because of politics, not a lack of evidence. But treason is always at least partially political, so I agree that the best is that another 6% turn against him politically which should be enough (assuming that he doesn't allow Russia to complete subvert our election) to politically restrict him and get less political justice to move forward (tax returns/etc).

Since it would require another 20% or so to turn against him politically to get him for treason.

JM
                          (It does look like we got 4% but 4% might not be enough if it is in the wrong places.)
                          Are you a lunatic?
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

That's cute.

Is that why liberals fight for people in this country and Trump fights for his true master?

And this story with Butina is exploding into a real ****storm. Its all over headlines now. Slapped on yahoos front page.

She was sleeping with a high level GOP operative and had access to a lot more than what is being said.

That's treason!

Comment

• “It doesn’t matter who you are, the law is the law,” Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.

Trumps charity now under investigation in New York state for financial irregularities.

This is a real ****ty week to be a Donny supporter.

Comment

Working...
                                X