No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We do have a record (high) number of working age Americans who don't have a job. The work force participation rate is pretty flat since 2008.

Comment

• Nake Fews!
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        We do have a record (high) number of working age Americans who don't have a job. The work force participation rate is pretty flat since 2008.
        And so far, trump really isn't to blame for that. We'll see in a few more years to assess blame or praise. I can guess what most people will predict but we have to see.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I agree. I'm not casting blame ... just making sure we understand the real unemployment situation in light of Kid's incessant praise of Trump's effect on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I just mentioned that we have record unemployment. Everyone knows that people approve of that, even Democrats.

So go ahead and continue to accuse me of making things up, just like the other fools.
            Yes I thank Barack Obama and democrats for that record low unemployment. Trump hadn't **** to do with it and the economy is already starting to show signs of slowing down.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

An indictment would drive the numbers down (though the old Fox News watching Bush 30% has always been remarkably immune to facts or reality), that said though, I doubt Mueller would issue an indictment of a sitting president no matter how guilty. He'd simply indict everyone else and name Trump an unindicted co-conspirators like they did in Watergate.
              My feeling is Trump's son in law Jared and Roger Stone will be indicted... and then all hell will break loose. But legally, a special counsel (not special council lol) can indict a sitting President. This was set as precedent during the Nixon and Clinton years.

By the way... what's everyone feeling on this:

This is just coming full circle. I wonder how many times Kiddy will have to spin to explain this away...

The NRA has been implicated too. Good. They are a domestic terrorist group. If they go down, I'll be elated.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                We do have a record (high) number of working age Americans who don't have a job. The work force participation rate is pretty flat since 2008.
                Back to that? People that haven't looked for a job in over one year not having a job?
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Chicago police have released body cam footage of an officer shooting an ARMED black man that proves the shooting was justified and BLM is still criminal protesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Chicago police have released body cam footage of an officer shooting an ARMED black man that proves the shooting was justified and BLM is still criminal protesting.
                    Did he threaten to use the weapon?
                    Because, AFAIK in many states you have a lot of people legally running around with weapons (and therefore usually not getting shot for it).

Hard to tell whether or not the shooting was justified (or whether the BLM protests are justified) without any links to articles describing the incident
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• So is Kid standing with the president on his comments about the intelligence community or with the Republicans that are bashing him for those comments?

He'll probably just ignore due to lack of balls.

How far has Trump back peddled from those comments already?
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Did he threaten to use the weapon?
                        Because, AFAIK in many states you have a lot of people legally running around with weapons (and therefore usually not getting shot for it).

Hard to tell whether or not the shooting was justified (or whether the BLM protests are justified) without any links to articles describing the incident
                        Throwing urine and engaging in other criminal activity to protect criminals is not justified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Yeah, it is hard to tell. It will be interesting to see when they release the other officers body cam footage. I'll reserve judgement till then.
                          But unfortunately, their record is so bad in the city that even if it's borderline, there will be protests and it's kind of hard to blame them.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Here's the elephant-in-the-room question:

WHY CAN'T LAW ENFORCEMENT SHOOT TO WOUND / DISABLE?
                            WHY IS EVERYTHING A KILL SHOT?

The job is to arrest and detain criminals for prosecution, not to act as judge and executioner.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                              Uncle Sparky commented
                              Editing a comment
                              At least police should be trained to say, 'I am the Law. Prepare to be Judged.' before they execute someone.

• A good question ... I already wondered about this question in the case of the shooting of Daniel Shaver.
                            He was lying on the ground ... policemen all around him ... but (when Shaver made a "suspicious movement" to his throusers) instead of just firing a single shot to wound him, Policeman Phillip Brailsford fired several shots into his torso, outright killing him.

Perhaps many policemen in the USA do ntheir work with a similar mindset as policemen in arabian states: The lifes of the citizens are expendable
                            (IMHO not a too farfetched assumption, considering that the same mindset is brought forward against immigrants/asylum seekers by most hardcore conservatives)
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• While I can agree with that sentiment, if someone is reaching for their weapon (which is one interpretation of the video, what would you consider a disabling shot? If a weapon isn't involved then they shouldn't be shooting in the first place.

But yeah, a single shot looks better than 16
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X