No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointing only whites to government positions is literally white supremacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      How many blacks and minorities are in his cabinet?
      To be fair, there just aren’t a whole lot of minority billionaires to choose from..,

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

you call people white nationalists because they don't hire enough minorities. You lied. You're a liar.
        Feel free to quote a post where I made that connection. So we know who the real liar is. In almost every post.
        And if you think people here respect you, you're delusional also.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Feel free to quote a post where I made that connection. So we know who the real liar is. In almost every post.
          And if you think people here respect you, you're delusional also.
          Don't try to play stupid. When you say "he" instead of a name people know that you are referring to obvious context.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
            Appointing only whites to government positions is literally white supremacy.
            Therefore he is not White Supremacist. Why do I know that you will vote for one of those idiots calling him a White Supremacist though?

Comment

• I have to admit that Trump actually has appointed a single black person to his cabinet ... Ben Carson.
              "Only" all other cabinet members are white
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• And they are good friends

Comment

• The I have a black friend defense. How precious.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It's hard to put words to your claim that people that have black friends are White Supremacist.

Comment

The I have a black friend defense. How precious.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Still can't find words to describe how stupid that is.

Comment

• Only racists use that excuse. Which is why I'm not surprised to see you post it.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Oh more stupid nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                              Steve King: Rape and incest 'aided population growth'
                              Democrats are calling for a Republican congressman to resign after he defended abortion bans by saying that humankind might not exist but for rape or incest.

Without rape or incest "would there be any population of the world left?" nine-term lawmaker Steve King asked the Des Moines Register newspaper.

Mr King was defending anti-abortion legislation that does not make exceptions for rape or incest.

Democrats Kirsten Gillibrand and Bernie Sanders soon demanded he step down.

"You are a disgrace. Resign," Ms Gillibrand wrote on Twitter. Her remarks were quickly echoed by other 2020 Democratic hopefuls Cory Booker, Beto O'Rourke and Julián Castro.

A Republican lawmaker, Iowa state Senator Randy Feenstra, also criticised Mr King's remarks.

"I am 100% pro-life but Steve King's bizarre comments and behaviour diminish our message," he wrote on Twitter.

On Wednesday, Mr King told the Des Moines Register that the Republican leadership had stopped bills he sponsored banning abortions from advancing through the US House of Representatives.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" Mr King said on Wednesday.

"Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

Steve King is no stranger to controversy. His remarks about race and immigration, as well as his ties to white nationalists across the globe, have essentially made him a persona non grata in the House of Representatives, including among his own Republican colleagues.

Outrage is frequently the baseline response when the nine-term Iowa congressman steps in front of a microphone.

Even when he's defending a view many anti-abortion activists hold - that rape and incest exceptions to abortion bans are immoral because they result in what they believe is the loss of innocent human life - he manages to do so in a way that grabs headlines and generates offence.

The days of marauding armies that rape and pillage are, mercifully, long gone in most of the world. And while it may be true that the descendants of those vile acts are alive today, it's a stretch to apply the atrocities of the past to a modern public policy debate.

At the very least, it appears deliberately inflammatory. In other words, it's business as usual for Steve King.

Mr King has earned a reputation for his incendiary comments. The Iowa congressman was already stripped of his committee assignments by his Republican colleagues in Congress last month, after the New York Times published an interview in which the congressman questioned how the phrases "white nationalism" and "white supremacy" had become offensive.

After he was disciplined, Mr King compared himself to Jesus Christ.

The Republican has made a number of remarks widely seen as racist and xenophobic, once tweeting his support for the Dutch anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders.

"Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny," Mr King wrote on Twitter.

"We can't restore our civilisation with somebody else's babies," he added.

Mr King later defended his comments, saying on CNN that he "meant exactly what he said".

The lawmaker kicked off his bid for a tenth term in Congress in February and will face re-election in 2020.
                              Steve King defended outright bans on abortion even in cases of pregnancies caused by rape or incest.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Israel will bar Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib from entering the country as part of a landmark visit, in a move that is already fueling a political firestorm in Washington.

Omar and Tlaib — the first two Muslim women in Congress — were slated to arrive this weekend, but President Donald Trump had lobbied Israeli leaders to block them from entering the country and lashed out again at the pair on Thursday.

I guess Tlaib won't be going back where she (well actually her parents) came from.

Comment

Working...
                                X