Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Gee, another conspiracy theory. Imagine my shock!
    What source would you take?.
    How about the AP

JERUSALEM (AP) — With a push from President Donald Trump, Israel on Thursday barred two Muslim-American congresswomen from entering the country for a visit, an extraordinary step bringing the longtime U.S. ally into Trump’s domestic fight against political rivals at home.

The U.S. president is essentially relying on Israel to retaliate against two freshman lawmakers, Reps. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, who are both outspoken critics of Israel’s treatment of Palestinians. They are also part of the “squad” of liberal newcomers -- all women of color -- whom Trump has labeled the face of the Democratic Party as he runs for reelection.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

What source would you take?.
      How about the AP

Why don't you try something that isn't a blatant oped hitpiece that doesn't back up your conspiracy theory one bit.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Basically your conspiracy theory isn't much different than your other conspiracy theory that he is encouraging white supremacists to mass murder Hispanics. It's disgusting. One is an attack on white people. The other is an attack on Jews.

Comment

• Trump isn’t Jewish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            Trump isn’t Jewish.
            No, but rah is defending anti-semites and an attack on the Jewish nation by pushing hirse****.

Comment

• Apparently Trump is king of the Jews:

Trump wrote, “Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. 'President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for..........all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.' Wow!"

Comment

• That's obviously anti-semitic. You aren't a mod.

Comment

• And, back to the news.
                  The Terror of the Communist Crocodiles!
                  Originally posted by BBC
                  Fidel Castro's crocodile bites man at Swedish aquarium
                  A man has been hospitalised after he was bitten by a crocodile that once belonged to Cuban leader Fidel Castro.

The man, in his 70s, had been attending a crayfish party at the Skansen Aquarium in Stockholm on Tuesday.

According to police, the man had his "arm on the wrong side of the security glass" when he was bitten.

The animal is one of two Cuban crocodiles at the aquarium. Both were gifted to Russian cosmonaut Vladimir Shatalov by Fidel Castro in the 1970s.

Head of the aquarium Jonas Wahlstrom told Aftonbladet that the man was giving a speech at the time of the incident.

Attendees used napkins to stop the bleeding as they waited for an ambulance to arrive.
                  The man, in his 70s, had been delivering a speech when he was bitten by the animal.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Sources tell John Solomon that the FBI gave dirt on Trump to a foreign agent in October before election.

Comment

• Forensic pathologists are saying that it is highly unlikely that someone would break their neck the way Epstein might have committed suicide.

Comment

• Forensic pathologists are saying that it is highly unlikely that someone would break their neck the way Epstein might have committed suicide.

Comment

• DNC fundraising is Mexico. WT actual F?!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                            City of Bielefeld offers €1m for proof it doesn't exist
                            It's a German city dating back to the 9th Century, with 340,000 residents, a university, a medieval fort... but does it really exist?

Bielefeld is now offering a €1m (£914,000) prize to anyone in Germany who can prove the city's non-existence.

The city marketing group running the competition wants to disprove a 25-year-old conspiracy theory.

Back in 1994 a student light-heartedly posted the message "Bielefeld? There's no such thing" on the Usenet system.

Achim Held's message became a long-running joke in Germany, once it spread virally with the subsequent internet boom.

Usenet was a messaging system predating the internet forums which soon mushroomed and fuelled many conspiracy theories.

n 2012 even Chancellor Angela Merkel referenced the Bielefeld joke, when she spoke at a Berlin prize-giving and recalled having attended an event in Bielefeld, adding: "so it does exist".

The audience erupted in laughter, and Mrs Merkel went on: "I had the impression that I was there... I hope I may go there again."

What are the competition rules?
                            Adult Germans have until 5 September to submit their evidence that Bielefeld "doesn't exist" to Bielefeld Marketing GmbH. The competition was agreed with city officials.

The competition website (in German) says entries can come in various forms - pictures, videos or text - "but the pearls of your wisdom must be incontrovertible". "Now it's time for us to have our fun!" the organisers say.

They say they are "99.99% certain that we can refute any evidence". But taxpayers need not worry - the €1m prize money will come from Bielefeld Marketing's sponsors, in the unlikely event that a winner is found.

The organisers say they can call on experts to pick over absolutely any evidence purporting to show that Bielefeld does not exist.
                            For 25 years Germans have joked that Bielefeld does not exist - so now the city is fighting back.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Typical humorless Germans.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Iowa reporter asked Biden what he thought about Warren drawing bigger crowds than him. He acted like he didn't understand or something. Then he asked the reporter if he had seen anyone draw bigger crowds than him. The reporter is like "um yes." Biden asks where. "Des Moines." Biden just laughed it off. He looks tired and out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X