Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnT
    replied
    I have had 2 posts (maybe 3, including this one... won't know until I hit "post reply") go to the unapproved bin, so it may be a while before I "respond".

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    For some reason, my response was sent to be approved.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Naw, the source of my "frustration" is Kid not making his point.

Nobody computes wage growth on a long-term (defined as being over 1 year) scale using nominal figures, otherwise we would be looking back fondly at the wage growth of the Carter era, which has the single largest month-to-month growth rate of 13.5% in January, 1979.

Wages in the United States increased 4.87 percent in April of 2024 over the same month in the previous year. This page provides the latest reported value for - United States Wages and Salaries Growth - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news.

For anyone who actually lived in that era, you can see why nominal rates are unusable.

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    Standard Right-wing Site.
    QUESTIONABLE SOURCE A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no

i prefer these sites
    These sources exclusively use humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Posted to reduce JohnT's frustrations. Graph source:
    Townhall is the leading source for conservative news, political cartoons, breaking stories, election analysis and commentary on politics and the media culture. An information hub for conservatives, republicans, libertarians, and liberty-loving Americans.

The link should show what Kid thinks (or rather, has been told) the graph means.

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Answer the question.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Learn how to read graphs. Then you will know.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, essentially unchanged this century when adjusted for inflation. What's your point?

• JohnT
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Do you know what a recession is?
    That's non-responsive. Again: what was the point you were trying to make when you first posted the graph?

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    Suck It Jones!
    Originally posted by BBC
    Twitter bans Alex Jones and Infowars for abusive behaviour

Twitter says it has permanently suspended the accounts of Alex Jones and his Infowars website.

It made the move after a number of tweets that violated Twitter's abusive behaviour policy, the company said.

A number of tech giants, including YouTube and Facebook, deleted the right-wing conspiracy theorist's content last month, citing hate speech.

The radio host is best known for spreading unsubstantiated allegations about tragic events, including 9/11.

He is currently being sued for defamation by the parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, which he has repeatedly claimed was a "giant hoax". Twenty children under the age of seven and six adults died in the attack.

Mr Jones mostly uses his Twitter account to share content and videos from InfoWars with his 850,000 followers, and promote conspiracy theories against liberals, Muslims and migrants.
    Twitter follows other tech giants in banning the conspiracy theorist for "abusive behaviour".

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Do you know what a recession is?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    … and make sure no American woman has a safe abortion again.

• JohnT
    replied
    English isn't your first language, is it?

You were trying to make a point in posting the graph. Please explain to us what that point is. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Kidiot, the average wages for most Americans have either been flat since Trump took office and have started to decline. Explain that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X