Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
    Short summary of brexit negotiations until now :

Brexitter: We won't accept the negotiation schedule EU demands.
    EU negotiator :
    Brexitter rolls over and accept EU schedule

Brexitter: Ok, we take all the EU citizens in UK as "hostages"
    EU negotiator :
    Brexitter rolls over and back off silently

Brexitter: We don't want to abide to EU bureaucracy
    EU negotiator: Ok, you don't want to sell stuff to us, fine.
    Brexitter: Oh, wait a minute while I write EU trade regulations into british law

Brexitter: No way are we going to pay a penny.
    EU negotiator :
    Brexitter rolls over and agrees to pay at least 60 B€ - maybe 86 B€

Guess that a number of pro-brexit woters are a bit confused and might to change their mind - though it seems a bit difficult after the "divorce request" has been submitted.
    UK: Let's leave this supermarket, I don't like it.
    EU: Certainly, but you need to pay for that milk before you go. It's €£1
    UK: I'll give you £€0.10
    EU: It's €£1
    UK: I'll give you €£0.50
    EU: It's €£1
    UK: I'll give you £€2, and that's my final offer
    EU: Done.
    UK: Great, Here's you money, and you can keep your stinking milk.
    Last edited by Dauphin; December 3, 2017, 07:24. Reason: It removed all my Euro signs :( €€€€€
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

UK: Let's leave this supermarket, I don't like it.
        EU: Certainly, but you need to pay for that milk before you go. It's ��1
        UK: I'll give you ��0.10
        EU: It's ��1
        UK: I'll give you ��0.50
        EU: It's ��1
        UK: I'll give you ��2, and that's my final offer
        EU: Done.
        UK: Great, Here's you money, and you can keep your stinking milk.
        Aha, the updated version

I am currently enjoying the Irish border conundrum

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Christ, is there ever a time when Oerdin isn't wrong?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

the sheer incompetence of the brexit negotiators has been a sight to behold. then there are people like john redwood, who have been banging on leaving the EU for decades but have obviously never given a moment's thought to how to actually go about it.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The should try the passive agressive approach: behave so badly, the others pay you to leave. Works like a charm for getting out of all sorts of relationships.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                Christ, is there ever a time when Oerdin isn't wrong?
                It's amazing isn't it. The only time he's not wrong is when he spouts off obvious stuff that doesn't need to be said (which is also a wrong thing to do).

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

There is only reason one acceptably consistent Brexit solution to the Irish border, and that is to make it a hard border.

This has been obvious since day one.

Sadly I think there's more than enough Brexit nutters who don't care about such consequences.

If you don't want a hard Irish border - don't have Brexit!

Simples!

Comment

It will have the same consequences on Gibraltar, I guess.

With a much severe impact on gibraltan citizens an economy. After all it is an exclave, sourrrounded almost totally by spain (and only reachable via ocean from the side that isn't)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I read briefly they were close to a deal about the Irish border, but it failed because the DUP didn't approve? Didn't look deeper, but (if that's correct) what was their gripe with the (proposed) deal?
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                        I read briefly they were close to a deal about the Irish border, but it failed because the DUP didn't approve? Didn't look deeper, but (if that's correct) what was their gripe with the (proposed) deal?
                        Best i can make out, the DUP want a militarized border. Gotta keep those bloody Irish out of North Ireland!
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                          They, quite correctly, want one regulatory regime for all of the UK so they categorically reject the idea on Northern Ireland being stuck in the EU regulations while the rest of the UK moves on. Of course, the EU genuinely doesn't give a **** about Northern Ireland and all they are trying to do is punish the UK.

Personally, I think no deal is the best deal as the EU has made artificial road blocks from day one so don't give them a single penny and just fall back to the WTO. When the rest of the EU realizes their tax bills will have to go way up and their benefits slashed... They will be more reasonable.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                            It's amazing isn't it. The only time he's not wrong is when he spouts off obvious stuff that doesn't need to be said (which is also a wrong thing to do).

Mobius, you old waste of space... It is nice to see you back. It is a shame you have now degenerated to buttering up to ben and his weak trolls. Hopefully you can do better.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

They, quite correctly, want one regulatory regime for all of the UK so they categorically reject the idea on Northern Ireland being stuck in the EU regulations while the rest of the UK moves on. Of course, the EU genuinely doesn't give a **** about Northern Ireland and all they are trying to do is punish the UK.

Personally, I think no deal is the best deal as the EU has made artificial road blocks from day one so don't give them a single penny and just fall back to the WTO. When the rest of the EU realizes their tax bills will have to go way up and their benefits slashed... They will be more reasonable.
                              Surely they can insist on having one regulatory regime for all of the UK, but - as I understand it - the automatic consequence would be a hard border between Ireland (still EU) and Northern Ireland (non EU after Brexit) - which the UK seems not to want, but which they might get because of some of their positions are simply incompatible.
                              Blah

Comment

The easiest solution is to give up on Northern Ireland and reunite Ireland again. No border, problem solved.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X