A Day Without Sharia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    The Bible teaches loyalty to the state. It doesn't teach rebellion. The problem is that Rome demanded more than allegiance. It demanded worship.
    The Christians got into trouble because they were a secretive sect/cult with 'cannibalistic' rituals. Other people in the community feared christians were eating babies and drinking blood. Christians didn't help the matter by avoiding their community's rituals, but the government generally ignored them until the populace raised a fuss. The rare purges were preceded by tests of loyalty, some Christians wanted to follow in their founders' footsteps rather than feign loyalty. Thats another problem I have with Christianity, Jesus led a bunch of people to martyr themselves - people who welcomed death. Thats like a short-sighted lead buffalo taking the herd over a cliff. And the people who didn't jump off that cliff were left feeling guilty for being alive. Kinda sucks...

Pledging loyalty to someone else's god is worship. The Pledge is not worshipping someone else's god. It's not worship at all. It's just pledging loyalty.
    The Pledge is loyalty to a flag (idolatry) that represents several things, and people dont agree on them. How does a person pledge allegiance to a flag that represents liberty and justice for all when they dont even believe in liberty and justice for all. Supporters of the Pledge sure dont believe in liberty, they dont believe in religious freedom, they believe the state should coerce and indoctrinate other people's children into worshiping an idol that represents the state's "God".

Read Common Sense by Thomas Paine
    tl;dr

What does that have to do with it?
    You said the country was founded on christian morality, it was founded by a rebellion of people disloyal to their government and King. And they were preceded by Christians slaughtering witches. Where is this Christian morality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
      The Christians got into trouble because they were a secretive sect/cult with 'cannibalistic' rituals. Other people in the community feared christians were eating babies and drinking blood.
      Anti-christians spread hateful lies about them just like they did to Jesus. This continues into modern times.
      Christians didn't help the matter by avoiding their community's rituals, but the government generally ignored them until the populace raised a fuss.
      Victim blaming
      The rare purges were preceded by tests of loyalty, some Christians wanted to follow in their founders' footsteps rather than worship another god.
      ftfy
      Thats another problem I have with Christianity, Jesus led a bunch of people to martyr themselves - people who welcomed death. Thats like a short-sighted lead buffalo taking the herd over a cliff. And the people who didn't jump off that cliff were left feeling guilty for being alive. Kinda sucks...
      You prefer that he taught them to worship false gods?

The Pledge is loyalty to a flag (idolatry) that represents several things, and people dont agree on them.
      It means loyalty to America to EVERYONE who does it. If it doesn't mean that to you don't do it. That simple.
      How does a person pledge allegiance to a flag that represents liberty and justice for all when they dont even believe in liberty and justice for all. Supporters of the Pledge sure dont believe in liberty, they dont believe in religious freedom, they believe the state should coerce and indoctrinate other people's children into worshiping an idol that represents the state's "God".
      Horse manure. Not much different than the lies that anti-christians told about christians to get them fed to lions.
      tl;dr

Short pamphlet. It's important US History. If you don't know what it says then you don't have a complete understanding of Anerica.
      You said the country was founded on christian morality, it was founded by a rebellion of people disloyal to their government and King.
      There was good reason for that.
      And they were preceded by Christians slaughtering witches. Where is this Christian morality?
      Which hunts continue on today. That's human nature.
      Last edited by Kidlicious; March 14, 2017, 23:40.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

There was good reason for that.

Romans 13:
        1. All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God.
        2. So anyone who is against the government is really against something God has commanded. Those who are against the government bring punishment on themselves.
        So, the american rebels were against the king who was instituted by god to rule them and therefore directly disobeyed the orders of heir lord, Paul.

Compare this with the behavior of early Paulinists ehm Christians, who would not rebel against their government, even if it sent them to the Arena in order to get eaten by lions
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

Which of course has nothing to do with what I asked.

The A-bomb drops were an act of terrorism against the Japanese population. Are you claiming they weren't?
          I am. The best estimate was invasion of the home islands would cost 1 million allied casualties so using the atom bomb was indeed a good way to end the war quickly and save allied lives.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Romans 13:

So, the american rebels were against the king who was instituted by god to rule them and therefore directly disobeyed the orders of heir lord, Paul.

Compare this with the behavior of early Paulinists ehm Christians, who would not rebel against their government, even if it sent them to the Arena in order to get eaten by lions
            You can interpret some of Paul's letters as specific to only those who he was writing to, such as in his letter to the Corinthian women to cover their heads. Some interpret it that way some don't. Obviously the American colonists did (a good portion).

Comment

• I have made it through today with no Sharia. Except this thread, which has Sharia in the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

I am. The best estimate was invasion of the home islands would cost 1 million allied casualties so using the atom bomb was indeed a good way to end the war quickly and save allied lives.
                Why would that prevent it being terrorism? The idea was to terrorize the people and government into submitting. It worked. I think it was the right decision incidentally, given the ****ty choices available.

Comment

• While I would argue that the first one was an act of terrorism, and also was meant to the end the war with a minimal of lost American lives... the SECOND ONE surely was an act of terrorism and nothing more.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• 1. All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God.
                    2. So anyone who is against the government is really against something God has commanded. Those who are against the government bring punishment on themselves.

didn't Paul write that while sitting in a Roman jail awaiting his fate?

I'd consider kissing Roman arse if it might get me out of jail

on the other hand, Jesus said something similar to Pilate, that God had given him authority

Comment

1. All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God.

on the other hand, Jesus said something similar to Pilate, that God had given him authority
                      You're reading too much into him saying that God gave him the authority. Pilate is still guilty.

Comment

This seems very plausible. I wonder how many other acts of self-preservation have been written up as some deep moral consideration.

Comment

• Self preservation is technically the preservation of life.
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Paul was beheaded you morons.

Comment

• I just thought of something horrible! Muslims don't eat pig, so all the time you aren't eating pig you're practicing Sharia! Kid is right, there is no escaping it ... except through cardiac arrest after eating bacon for 24 hours straight ...

Other than not eating pig, and this thread, I haven't had any Sharia so far this morning. Will keep you all posted as the day progresses.

Comment

• I just posted in the little girl dry humping thread and realized Mohammed married a 9 yo girl, so that thread has also become cluttered with Sharia. Doubly so if the little girl isn't eating pork.

Comment

Working...
                                X