Kim Jong Un launched a missile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Your entire argument is that we should let Pearl Harbor or 9-11 happen instead of preventing it.
    This entire argument is that we should force a 9-11 or Pearl Harbor instead of trying to prevent it. Time is not on the side of the Nork government.
    The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
    - A. Lincoln

Comment

Your entire argument is that we should let Pearl Harbor or 9-11 happen instead of preventing it.
      NK hasn't tried any such things in the 64 year cease fire. They know if they did something like that, they cease to exist as a regime. You're just pissing your pants about boogeymen, and out of fear and paranoia would do the thing that ensures the imagined boogeymen (and likely much worse) become real.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

NK hasn't tried any such things in the 64 year cease fire. They know if they did something like that, they cease to exist as a regime. You're just pissing your pants about boogeymen, and out of fear and paranoia would do the thing that ensures the imagined boogeymen (and likely much worse) become real.
        The Japanese should have known that attacking Pearl Harbor meant being forced to accept terms. Al Qaeda should have known that 9-11 meant that we would hunt every last one of them down no matter where they were. This isn't a boogeyman. It's a crazy ass cult leader who is developing nukes. What the hell?!
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post

Unless they were at war, in which case the populace would suck up a crashing economy in the name of patriotism. A war like that would be a godsend to the CCP; it would take the bubble collapse off the table and give them a plausible reason for economic failure. Be careful what you wish for; you might get it.
          Depends on who starts the war. The Chinese people will not support their government for backing NK and getting China cut off from the world resulting in economic collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post

This entire argument is that we should force a 9-11 or Pearl Harbor instead of trying to prevent it. Time is not on the side of the Nork government.
            Doesn't matter. They can attack now or later.

Comment

The Japanese should have known that attacking Pearl Harbor meant being forced to accept terms.
              It is nowhere near analogous. Japan was already building an empire. The US had not emerged as a superpower yet. No one had nukes. Completely different situation.

Al Qaeda should have known that 9-11 meant that we would hunt every last one of them down no matter where they were.
              ... AQ were counting on it. NK is a country, AQ is not. Their leadership have very different goals.

This isn't a boogeyman. It's a crazy ass cult leader who is developing nukes. What the hell?!
              NK hasn't broken the cease-fire in 64 years. The only way we can be sure hostilities will resume is to start them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

It is nowhere near analogous. Japan was already building an empire. The US had not emerged as a superpower yet. No one had nukes. Completely different situation.
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Isoroku Yamamoto
                ... AQ were counting on it. NK is a country, AQ is not. Their leadership have very different goals.
                So AQ was counting on their own destruction? Please tell me more about your theory.
                NK hasn't broken the cease-fire in 64 years. The only way we can be sure hostilities will resume is to start them.
                Avoiding hostilities is not the goal. The goal is national security, and next to that the security of our allies and overseas interests.

Comment

Depends on who starts the war. The Chinese people will not support their government for backing NK and getting China cut off from the world resulting in economic collapse.
                  China aren't going to support NK launching a war, but then again NK aren't going to launch a war in the first place. The only scenario here is the one you muppets are dreaming off which is America starting a war, and if that happens then there is roughly zero chance of China being cut off from the world. It'd be interesting to see how the US got along though without the flood of cheap Chinese goods you're so reliant on.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

China aren't going to support NK launching a war, but then again NK aren't going to launch a war in the first place. The only scenario here is the one you muppets are dreaming off which is America starting a war, and if that happens then there is roughly zero chance of China being cut off from the world. It'd be interesting to see how the US got along though without the flood of cheap Chinese goods you're so reliant on.
                    We could be getting along much better without cheap crap from China. In fact it's a big problem. Now we have to worry about upsetting communist ****lords.

Comment

We could be getting along much better without cheap crap from China. In fact it's a big problem. Now we have to worry about upsetting communist ****lords.
                      Considering how much you lot whine when your incredibly cheap gas goes up a few cents, it'd be interesting to see how much crying you did if everything in your local Walmart suddenly either disappeared or doubled in price.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

Considering how much you lot whine when your incredibly cheap gas goes up a few cents, it'd be interesting to see how much crying you did if everything in your local Walmart suddenly either disappeared or doubled in price.
                        Trading with China has not done what you think it has for our economy. It isn't worth it. Not by a long shot.

Comment

Trading with China has not done what you think it has for our economy. It isn't worth it. Not by a long shot.
                          Proving once again that you know nothing about economics.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Here's a fun activity, go through your house and find how many things aren't made in china.
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                              Here's a fun activity, go through your house and find how many things aren't made in china.
                              That's a pointless activity. All of that stuff could have been made elsewhere or here for a little more money. The main thing that trade with China has done is allowed us to go into more debt, which we should have done without.

The whole idea of trading with China was to encourage them to become democratic and friendly to non-communist nations. The plan was an outright failure, probably the worst in American history.

Comment

Yet again... proving you know nothing about economics.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X