Kim Jong Un launched a missile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Most of those deaths would be Chinese that died because of their own government. Indeed, everything will be the fault of the communists for any war.
    May be that more Chinese would die than Americans ...
    but I don't think that it would be a desirable outcome to have 50 million americans die ... even if you manage to kill 200 million chinese.

And this would be a likely result, if at one point the chinese, when losing in conventional war, decide to use nuclear weapons against US cities (and the USA decides to retaliate in term).

And it would be because of your own government, if you decide to attack NK (an the chinese, feeling bound to allaince obligation, are forced to enter the war on behalf of NK)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

May be that more Chinese would die than Americans ...
      but I don't think that it would be a desirable outcome to have 50 million americans die ... even if you manage to kill 200 million chinese.

And this would be a likely result, if at one point the chinese, when losing in conventional war, decide to use nuclear weapons against US cities (and the USA decides to retaliate in term).

And it would be because of your own government, if you decide to attack NK (an the chinese, feeling bound to allaince obligation, are forced to enter the war on behalf of NK)
      I don't imagine any US-China War. If there is a war China will support NK with troops much like they did in the last war. These soldiers will be forced into combat and likely shot for refusing.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Actually, it's more likely that China would just tell NK to go f*** itself when Kimsbury Doughboy asks for help defeating the western imperialists.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I'd lean that way also. I don't think China will back them like they did last century. But I really don't want to find out.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The only reason China still sort of supports them is because if North Korea's government collapsed then China would have to deal with a flood of refugees coming across it's border.
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I've always thought it was because if that happened that they could move in under the cover of restoring order and then never leaving.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's like you guys have already forgotten the Vietnam War. Now give the Viet Cong some nukes, a vast intelligence apparatus capable of carrying out operations world-wide, and make trade with China critical for the US and world economy.

China doesn't want the US on it's borders. Has China given up Tibet yet? Do they recognize Taiwan? Are they rolling over on the South China Sea? There's no sane reason to think China isn't still going to do everything it can to maintain a buffer.

There's no way an invasion into NK ends well for the US or humanity in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                  The only reason China still sort of supports them is because if North Korea's government collapsed then China would have to deal with a flood of refugees coming across it's border.
                  The North Koreans are starving to death. They try to escape all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    It's like you guys have already forgotten the Vietnam War. Now give the Viet Cong some nukes, a vast intelligence apparatus capable of carrying out operations world-wide, and make trade with China critical for the US and world economy.

China doesn't want the US on it's borders. Has China given up Tibet yet? Do they recognize Taiwan? Are they rolling over on the South China Sea? There's no sane reason to think China isn't still going to do everything it can to maintain a buffer.

There's no way an invasion into NK ends well for the US or humanity in general.
                    China depends on the rest of the world as well. In fact if their economy collapses you will see a revolution so fast that it will make your head spin.

Comment

So your "silver lining" to the US being stuck in a no-win war, wasting away thousands of US soldiers lives, maiming tens of thousands more, throwing trillions into a bottomless pit, crashing the world economy, SK getting shelled and possibly nuked, creating a new terrorist threat with vast resources ... is that there will be horrendous suffering in China too?

Comment

All of that may happen anyway. The only question is do we continue to let North Korea bully the world until they actually attack. And it's by no means certain that China will do anything. If they do it won't be direct hostility towards the US or it's allies.

Comment

Just more worthless speculation from Kid...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

All of that may happen anyway. The only question is do we continue to let North Korea bully the world until they actually attack. And it's by no means certain that China will do anything. If they do it won't be direct hostility towards the US or it's allies.
                            Your entire argument is that because something bad might happen in the future, we should make it happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Your entire argument is that because something bad might happen in the future, we should make it happen now.
                              Your entire argument is that we should let Pearl Harbor or 9-11 happen instead of preventing it.

Comment

China depends on the rest of the world as well. In fact if their economy collapses you will see a revolution so fast that it will make your head spin.
                                Unless they were at war, in which case the populace would suck up a crashing economy in the name of patriotism. A war like that would be a godsend to the CCP; it would take the bubble collapse off the table and give them a plausible reason for economic failure. Be careful what you wish for; you might get it.
                                The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                                - A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X