Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
    The best political ad I've seen in my entire life...

America certainly needs third parties.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The pivot was done too late and in a very stupid way and many Latinos are like "we don't believe you". Same thing with African Americans, especially with that comment about what happened in Chicago...
      His pivot on immigration isn't going to win a single Latino vote, but if you're losing the support of diehards like Ann Coulter... it really says it all.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
        I think her health is pretty good for someone her age.
        But in fairness you're basing that on absolutely nothing but wishful thinking. In truth we simply don't know what condition her health is in.

The problem (not for the first time) is that the Republicans are smearing the **** out of her with everything they can, and trying to claim she has serious brain injuries from her concussion back in the SoS days amongst many other things. That stuff is almost certainly bull****, but there were a few worrying mentions in the emails between her staff about 'confusion'.

Just a reminder by the way, we're not part of the campaign race here, we can discuss this stuff without jumping to 'LOOK HOW BAD THE OTHER GUY IS!!'. Most of us here think they both basically suck anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          But in fairness you're basing that on absolutely nothing but wishful thinking. In truth we simply don't know what condition her health is in.

The problem (not for the first time) is that the Republicans are smearing the **** out of her with everything they can, and trying to claim she has serious brain injuries from her concussion back in the SoS days amongst many other things. That stuff is almost certainly bull****, but there were a few worrying mentions in the emails between her staff about 'confusion'.

Just a reminder by the way, we're not part of the campaign race here, we can discuss this stuff without jumping to 'LOOK HOW BAD THE OTHER GUY IS!!'. Most of us here think they both basically suck anyway.
          Um, I base that on the endless amounts of criticism she faces, the 11 hour hearing she didn't have an issue sitting through, and her ability to go up stairs with ease (lol - unlike what republicans want to claim).

And her health report, while only a couple of pages, was indeed released... and is far more complete than what we know about Trump. His doctor basically was paid to write up something and he admitted that he did it in five minutes.

Republicans have been trying this for three decades. They didn't like her from day one. They hated her the moment they saw her. There is something about Hillary that pisses them off. As far as the emails, I didn't really see anything there. Confusion? Well, when you have a job that requires extensive travel, extensive work and so forth... that can happen to anyone of any age. Those emails were incredibly vague.

She seems quite lucid to me whenever I see her talking. I'll take that just fine.

She is alright in my book... could have we done better? Maybe. But she is the one running and that is all there is to say. Suck? Not really. She's not wonderful, but I think she'll do just fine as President.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Empty bleachers and a hostile student body greeted Trump vice presidential nominee Mike Pence in Virginia on Saturday at one of the most religiously conservative schools in the country.

Daily comedy.

Mike Pence went to a very conservative private Christian college. He was greeted with protests and empty seats. Nobody wanted him there and most of the student body was openly hostile.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Game over for Trump, but I still feel like there is another big twist coming in this ****show. Like Trump realizes he has no chance, and takes John Oliver's advice, but he waits to drop out until it is too late to get a replacement Republican candidate on the ballot. Hillary wins in a landslide, but for her entire presidency Trump tweets about how her election was illegitimate due to the lack of an opponent. Basically, turns the whole thing into Obama/birth certificate all over again. Sad!
              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                More than anything I think the refusal to work hard to run a campaign has been the spectre looming all along. Trump's own behavior of regarding his rally attendance higher than polling and that tour stops in Jackson, MS are warranted because he draws big numbers there suggest that they aren't at all serious about winning a general election. They are serious about fluffing Trump's ego and believe their views are self evidently correct and true enough to sway voters they absolutely need to win.
                He has refused to spend the money necessary to create a national voter data base and that is essential these days. It lets campaigns target voters right down to the street level and usually the presidential nominee pays for it then the data gets shared with all down ballot candidates. So that refusal has pissed off all the down ballot folks.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I don't think he has even spent money on ground teams to help drive turnout. He has only spent on a few badly misplaced TV advertisements.

Comment

• For Trump, campaign donations are a new potential income stream. He is trying to figure out the best way to turn them into personal income. When he does that, his campaign spending will increase exponentially. My prediction is that by the end of November, his campaign will be deeply in debt and that its biggest creditor will be Trump Inc.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      For Trump, campaign donations are a new potential income stream. He is trying to figure out the best way to turn them into personal income. When he does that, his campaign spending will increase exponentially. My prediction is that by the end of November, his campaign will be deeply in debt and that its biggest creditor will be Trump Inc.
                      He funnels campaign money into his businesses lol. His campaign will then declare bankruptcy a week before the election or after lol.

Comment

• He may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          For Trump, campaign donations are a new potential income stream. He is trying to figure out the best way to turn them into personal income. When he does that, his campaign spending will increase exponentially. My prediction is that by the end of November, his campaign will be deeply in debt and that its biggest creditor will be Trump Inc.
                          Are there laws against using a company you own to act as middle man for ad spends?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                            He may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.
                            He isn't a terribly good businessman.

Even Warren Buffett grilled him on that. Many of his past business decisions were terrible and numerous in number.

Comment

• So, do terrible business decisions = stupidity?
                              It all depends on what your goals are.
                              If you're a narcissistic ass that thrives on exposure maybe some of those decisions were part of his plan.
                              Good god man, he's a democrat that was able to win the other parties nomination. He's obviously done something right.
                              And it's still great theater. The man is going to remembered for a long time. Which I'm sure was part of the grand plan.
                              I agree with you that it was never his desire to win.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Donald Trump has directed nearly one-fifth of his campaign cash to companies that are part of his vast business empire, new federal records show.

He's paid almost $11 million to Trump organizations since launching his campaign a year ago.

So, as of June, 17% of campaign finances were being paid to his own companies.

Given he's largely self-funded, you could say so what, but he could seek to recoup some losses out of the republican donors pot.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X