Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I'm back to my initial impression, which is Trump is a Hillary plant designed to give Hillary the only R candidate she can beat.
    I think she would have beat Cruz but not by the margin she could beat Trump, but maybe not Kasich (50/50).

Trump was friends of the Clinton's for years. I think if he is doing to help Hillary it is at his own volition. He isn't even attacking her like he is going after the media and other republicans at this point in time.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I think he initially intended it as a branding exercise. Similar to others who intend it primarily as a way to get themselves on the lucrative book/talk show/etc circuit.

I do think that he would like to win, but only on his terms. And those terms are terms that no one should be comfortable with.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        I'll have to agree that nothing else makes any sense.
        Ming's theory that he doesn't want to win and just got caught up in it, is the only other logical alternative.
        The job of President sucks. You work seven days a week. Doesn't seem to be Trumps style. Plus the pay isn't high enough for him. And I don't think you can run businesses while President lol.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          I think he initially intended it as a branding exercise. Similar to others who intend it primarily as a way to get themselves on the lucrative book/talk show/etc circuit.

I do think that he would like to win, but only on his terms. And those terms are terms that no one should be comfortable with.

JM

You may not be far off base. But I think he wants more than just a talk show.

Comment

• THey have all sorts of blind trust arrangements (which in his case might help since he wouldn't be allowed to control them )
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

THey have all sorts of blind trust arrangements (which in his case might help since he wouldn't be allowed to control them )
              He seems to be more of a control freak.

His refusal to help vulnerable Republican Congressmen might be telling too. He has even refused to endorse some of them.

So who is subscribing to Trump TV network after all this is done lol? More reason to cut the cord.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                He seems to be more of a control freak.

His refusal to help vulnerable Republican Congressmen might be telling too. He has even refused to endorse some of them.

So who is subscribing to Trump TV network after all this is done lol? More reason to cut the cord.
                Actually I have no problem with him not helping vulnerable congressmen because most of them have put a lot of effort into distancing themselves from him so supporting them probably would only hurt them. But more so an ego thing. They aren't supporting me so F*** em.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I remember when Romney actively cut funding to Republicans downticket. Happy he got ****canned in the election after that stunt. Will be happy to see the same happen to Trump.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually I have no problem with him not helping vulnerable congressmen because most of them have put a lot of effort into distancing themselves from him so supporting them probably would only hurt them. But more so an ego thing. They aren't supporting me so F*** em.
                    I think no matter what they do they are getting hurt. Trump has boosted challenging democrats, including the one in Missouri I mentioned.

Comment

• Kirk in Illinois would spit on an offer of help from Trump.
                      But regardless, you are correct that Trump is probably hurting them.
                      Kirk was one of the first to denounce him and got a boost when he did. But I haven't seen current numbers.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Kirk in Illinois would spit on an offer of help from Trump.
                        But regardless, you are correct that Trump is probably hurting them.
                        Kirk was one of the first to denounce him and got a boost when he did. But I haven't seen current numbers.
                        It is guilt by association. Even them being a Republican is damaging these guys because Trump has successfully tarnished the brand.

Comment

• Yeah, but currently it too close to call. Considering that lead that Hillary has in Illinois, that's pretty impressive.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, but currently it too close to call. Considering that lead that Hillary has in Illinois, that's pretty impressive.
                            Well, in Missouri and Arizona it is also close to call.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              I don't either, you are ****ing retarded. I've seen five year olds with a better grasp of what's going on in the world. Hillary has just spent well over a year telling the American public about her plans for the country. Yet apparently a 20 point favorability jump that just happens to coincide with Trump completely self-destructing is a result of her 'talking about her ideas'. Moron.
                              Yeah, Hillary stinks like two week old garbage but Trump is a flaming dumpster fire so it is all relative.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'll have to agree that nothing else makes any sense.
                                Ming's theory that he doesn't want to win and just got caught up in it, is the only other logical alternative.
                                I think Jon Miller nailed it. It startwd out as a branding exercise and he was surprised he got so much tractjon despite not having any real policies or campaign organization. Most of the GOP field for the last several elections were just branding attempt to get on the lucrative speech and book circuits.

This time the dog caught the car and now it doesn't know what to do.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X