No announcement yet.

Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many of the voters you talk about wouldn't be swayed by democrats anyways and are very socially conservative. No. I get it.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Nonsense. The blue collar workers used to be the heart of the Democratic coalition.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Things change. Different coalitions are made. Some are lost. The democrats have the majority of the country though.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Not in the house and they are going to need a lot of help to overcome Republican gerrymandering so throwing away voters, as you would arrogantly have them do, is beyond foolish. It is not about one election but about building an enduring coalition.

Comment

• It's a bit funny that Gian is ignoring the one negative impact free trade has on groups of workers to pretend it isn't an important issue, while in the other thread heaping undeserved blame onto free trade for a great many things that free trade has nothing to do with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              It's a bit funny that Gian is ignoring the one negative impact free trade has on groups of workers to pretend it isn't an important issue, while in the other thread heaping undeserved blame onto free trade for a great many things that free trade has nothing to do with.
              Internal changes isn't free trade. This has nothing to do with free trade.

Free trade is a pile of bull**** and always has been.

I am in favor of fair trade, but I am also in favor of innovation.

Comment

• It is a pile of bull **** which does nothing right, according to you, yet you still support it? Do tell us why. I mean one could be forgiven, given your previous mad ravings, that trade was an evil thing responsible for all manner of unrelated things.

Oh, and while you are at it please tell us how increased competition somehow decreases innovation. I am sure we would all like to hear your "logic".

Comment

• Anyways, not responding to more personal insults. I am not interested in responding to cult like rantings about free trade. Anyways back to the subject:

His... best week... according to his campaign manager.

Some may say some candidates have had a turn around after the convention... but that isn't happening and now it's too late. He keeps putting his foot into his own mouth over and over. And his statement saying to African Americans "what do they have to lose?" were cringe worthy.

His permanently slumped polling numbers sure don't reflect that! Several more states out of reach now and moved out of swing state status... and now his disastrous numbers in Georgia, Arizona, North Carolina and Ohio...

But this is his best week lmao. If this is his best...
                  Last edited by Giancarlo; August 21, 2016, 22:40. Reason: too many gifs... only need one lol.

Comment

• And somebody sent me this today... from a few weeks ago... but this is one you'll be hearing about.

The Trump U case is a civil one, but a civil case has the potential in escalating to criminal court. If it is found that Trump violated the RICO Act using Trump U as a racketeering front, he could be facing a criminal indictment and potentially face up to a decade behind bars. RICO Act claims are difficult to proceed with in civil court, but there could be a basis for this one.

Oh and some of you may find this interesting:

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                      Internal changes isn't free trade. This has nothing to do with free trade.
                      "furniture manufacturing and textiles - OUTMODED INDUSTRIES!"
                      I don't know about you, but I still buy furniture and clothing.

The reason those jobs are no longer in the US is because those industries were not protected ... free trade (to various extents). Those jobs moved overseas. No one here is necessarily saying that was a bad thing to happen ... what was bad was for the US government to ignore that it was happening and not help those workers to get situated in the new economic reality.

Comment

I don't know about you, but I still buy furniture and clothing.

The reason those jobs are no longer in the US is because those industries were not protected ... free trade (to various extents). Those jobs moved overseas. No one here is necessarily saying that was a bad thing to happen ... what was bad was for the US government to ignore that it was happening and not help those workers to get situated in the new economic reality.
                        Yeah... you bought it from this factory. Free trade... yayyyyy!

Awesome isn't it?

Maybe you should buy fair trade clothing.

The best sustainable clothing brands and ethical fashion collections of 2024.

By the way, many furniture manufacturing lines are automated. They essentially need less workers.

I'm not against international trade. I just want fair trade and something that actually benefits people in other countries too.

This is also another option to help women in developing countries in other countries.

Comment

• RICO has to be the most abused law ever. Not a Trump fan but trying to bring RICO in here?

By the way, many furniture manufacturing lines are automated. They essentially need less workers.
                          Fez, are you against backhoes?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• RICO is perfectly fine and Trump could have used Trump U as a racketeering front, Ben Jones (are you related to Jim Jones?).

People who call me Fez don't have an argument.

Comment

• Gian, fair trade benefits from free trade, and in some cases requires free trade to at least some extent. With free trade, fair trade is able to send more of the final price of the product to the workers who make them. Without free trade, more of that final price goes to tariffs. In the worst case without free trade, fair trade companies (which necessarily are not as profitable ... and thus generally do not have as much political clout) could be shut out from doing business in those countries altogether by collusion between corrupt government officials and big business.

Comment

Gian, fair trade benefits from free trade, and in some cases requires free trade to at least some extent. With free trade, fair trade is able to send more of the final price of the product to the workers who make them. Without free trade, more of that final price goes to tariffs. In the worst case without free trade, fair trade companies (which necessarily are not as profitable ... and thus generally do not have as much political clout) could be shut out from doing business in those countries altogether by collusion between corrupt government officials and big business.

No it doesn't. Stop using false euphemisms. Free trade isn't fair and is only about corporations taking resources from foreign lands.

Stop trying to convince me of the myth. I'm not buying it and I will never believe it. I am left wing. Not a libertarian.

Comment

Working...
                                X