No announcement yet.

Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You simply don't understand what free trade means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      You simply don't understand what free trade means.
      You simply buy into a euphemism. It is called false advertising in other words. I do understand and don't accept it as valid.

Since this will keep going around and around, I am going to have to agree to disagree.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Please educate yourself so you actually know what the words you use mean.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oh I am very well educated in the subject. I just see things as they are. But thanks for the insult.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Virginia is pretty much out of swing state status. It isn't even lean democrat anymore.

Hillary has a +19% lead in the latest poll in that state.

And in a recent Missouri poll she is now 1% within Trump. A prior republican pollster had Trump only 2% ahead in the state. A state where he did lead at one point by double digits.

Edit: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5635.html

Not sure if I brought this one up... but Clinton has been increasing her lead in Florida too. +9% in the last poll done there.
            Last edited by Giancarlo; August 23, 2016, 20:49.

Comment

• Pointing out that you have consistently misused words which you clearly don't not know the meaning of is not an insult. It is simply a statement of fact and numerous posters have agreed in this very thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Pointing out that you have consistently misused words which you clearly don't not know the meaning of is not an insult. It is simply a statement of fact and numerous posters have agreed in this very thread.
                Throwing stones from a glass house again I see?

Comment

• Sorry, my factually challenged friend, but you don't get to just accuse everyone else of your faults. Well, I guess you could keep trying to do that but realize the rest of us know exactly what your game is and you aren't fooling anyone.

Comment

• "I know you are but what am I" stopped being viable at age six. I will let people read your various posts along with everyone else's responses and draw their own conclusions.

Comment

• Two posts that say absolutely nothing. I live by facts and evidence. This guy is full of bald assertions. Shall we get back on topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        If all that matters is winning, then you don't stand for anything that deserves to win.
                        And then the Republicans made a failed Presidential election bid based on this going on 3 times now.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Looks like Hillary has indeed solidified her support. She has held steady. LA Times continues to be a weird outlier, but she generally has support between 6-10%. Her average is +6.0% ahead of Trump. Quinnpac, reputed for accuracy, has her ahead by +10% of Trump (51-41%).

Her state polling continues to hold as well nicely. +7% recently in Michigan and holding her leads in other swing states. She also comes close still in Republican states, like Arizona.

Comment

• Wow, MRT and I agree on something.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Giancarlo, RCP uses a weighted average over time so even if polls change quickly the RCP numbers will change only very slowly. So, no, it is not saying what you think it is saying. To see tge current numbers look at the most recent polls.

RCP like 538 smooths short term poll swings out by averaging numbers over a few months. That gives a good feel for how things have been going and prevents short twrm swings from spiking numbers but it also doesn't show poll numbers right now. Which becomes more and more important the closer we get to election day.

Comment

• I look at all recent polling. They have been stable as far as recent polling. Sorry dinner, but look at RECENT polling from VARIOUS pollsters. They say 6-10% on average RECENTLY. There is only one that is tied and that is the outlier (LATimes) and another that is 3%. But the others give a 6-10% lead and that is the majority. You want things to tighten but that just isn't happening! Your point about the weighted average means nothing. Look at my post more carefully. I brought up the MOST RECENT polling.

Numbers have been stable since the DNC. There hasn't been another Marist/McClatchy poll though.... it would be interesting to see them do another one.

Edit:

Check this out... for the bigger picture. It really shows Trump may actually be worse off than what some of the polls say.
                                Last edited by Giancarlo; August 26, 2016, 01:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X