Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And who's fault is that they haven't had an inspection. Not theirs
    Would you want your wife or daughter going to a clinic if you knew that it hadn't been inspected for 15 years? If the pictures I've linked to were the conditions of the clinic? Ming, you're not a stupid man. If you saw that, in *any* medical clinic - I am willing to bet that you'd haul their butts out of there and find someone competent.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      149 priests are responsible for 2,960 victims. 81 percent of the victims were male, and 19 percent female.

There have been a total of 384 priests in the United States convicted of sexual abuse. There are 37 thousand priests in the United States.

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/P...useScandal.htm
      You asked how many are abusers. I said half. The Catholic church covered up the abuse so the number could be many times that. By the way, your source lacks credibility.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Would you want your wife or daughter going to a clinic if you knew that it hadn't been inspected for 15 years? If the pictures I've linked to were the conditions of the clinic? Ming, you're not a stupid man. If you saw that, in *any* medical clinic - I am willing to bet that you'd haul their butts out of there and find someone competent.
        You have no evidence for any of these claims.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• His story changes every week.
          Where have I claimed to have earned a science degree? I have two years of a bachelor in Science in Physics and Astronomy. You've been away for a long time, Giancarlo. When I started on Poly, that is all that I had, I hadn't finished my history degree. I would later go on and finish my history degree, and then go on and teach.

Things and people change, Gian.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

STRAW MAN! And what does that have do with this argument. HOW MANY CONVICTIONS BEN.
            And I would never let my girls be alter girls either...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You asked how many are abusers. I said half. The Catholic church covered up the abuse so the number could be many times that. By the way, your source lacks credibility.
              Well then, post a source that confirms that half of all priests in America are abusers. Only 1 percent have been convicted of abuse. Of those, the majority of abuse cases came out of fewer than 200 serial abusers with over 15 victims per priest.

The reality of the abuse cases in the Catholic church is that a tiny, tiny minority of serial abusers is responsible. Oh, and the little detail that they tend to go after boys...

Comment

Where have I claimed to have earned a science degree? I have two years of a bachelor in Science in Physics and Astronomy. You've been away for a long time, Giancarlo. When I started on Poly, that is all that I had, I hadn't finished my history degree. I would later go on and finish my history degree, and then go on and teach.

Things and people change, Gian.
                I have lurked and I notice your story always changes. you are a total liar. You don't have a history degree and you don't teach. You are always on here. I get on during my lunch break. You aren't even a good liar.

Comment

Well then, post a source that confirms that half of all priests in America are abusers. Only 1 percent have been convicted of abuse. Of those, the majority of abuse cases came out of fewer than 200 serial abusers with over 15 victims per priest.

The reality of the abuse cases in the Catholic church is that a tiny, tiny minority of serial abusers is responsible.
                  Wow. Now he is saying it isn't a big issue according to his out of date source and that if there were under 15 victims not a big deal. You do realize the abuse scandal is global from Ireland to Brazil right? In Ireland, one priest alone raped 100 girls.

Comment

The reality of the abuse cases in the Catholic church is that a tiny, tiny minority of serial abusers is responsible.
                    And this made it OK for the leaders of the Church to cover it up simply to save face and money while ignoring the victims?
                    This made it OK for the leaders of the Church to simply move them somewhere else so they could continue doing it?
                    That's the disgusting part of the story.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I have lurked and I notice your story always changes. you are a total liar. You don't have a history degree and you don't teach. You are always on here. I get on during my lunch break. You aren't even a good liar.
                      Uh, yeah. There is this thing called, "August".

And yes, I have a history degree. From the University of Northern British Columbia.

Comment

• Just to be clear, he's conceded that his statement

The only thing that has changed is that modern society considers them only old enough to make one decision - have an abortion.
                        was false because in most states they don't have the legal right to make that decision.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And this made it OK for the leaders of the Church to cover it up simply to save face and money while ignoring the victims?
                          Which leaders? You mean folks like Bishop Weakland? I notice you never name them, because then it makes it easier to tar the Church not those who are responsible.

This made it OK for the leaders of the Church to simply move them somewhere else so they could continue doing it?
                          Given that the majority of the cases are serial abusers who engaged in abuse for a long time - they are the ones truly responsible. Thankfully, they have gone, and the total cases have dropped off once again.

The total incidence of cases peaked in 1982, at nearly 800 cases in that year. Up from just 50 in 1950. Incidents rose to 250 by 1959, and dropped back down to 250 by 1990. In 1994, the incidence of cases dropped back down to 50.

In short, it's not been an issue for the Catholic church in over 20 years now. Things change, Ming. It was an issue 35 years ago, but not today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            And this made it OK for the leaders of the Church to cover it up simply to save face and money while ignoring the victims?
                            That's the disgusting part of the story.
                            Thousands of victims. Some of whom took their own lives. But it doesn't matter.

Comment

Uh, yeah. There is this thing called, "August".

And yes, I have a history degree. From the University of Northern British Columbia.
                              You are lying again. Now you are defending the church from the abuse scandal.

Comment

• was false because in most states they don't have the legal right to make that decision.
                                1) The teen can go before a judge and receive permission from the judge to have an abortion without the parent’s permission - See more at: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl....uCZ2ej9A.dpuf

If there is a medical emergency and the pregnant teen needs an abortion, the parent does not have to give permission. - See more at: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl....uCZ2ej9A.dpuf

Right off of Planned Parenthood's page. They also state that the regulation is 'unconstitutional'.

Doesn't look well for Planned Parenthood here, rah.

Comment

Working...
                                X