Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is the worse Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You appear to be presupposing quite a bit with that question and I am not a mind-reader.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You appear to be presupposing quite a bit with that question and I am not a mind-reader.
      Not at all. Nor have I ever asserted that morality doesn't exist for people in general, FWIW. I believe that people have a law written on their hearts in their conscience. This, BTW is straight out of Romans.

I find it intriguing that in the same post that an atheist professes his atheism, that he affirms the existence of an eternal soul, possessed by others, that could be damned should Kid and I fail to do our jobs.
      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 28, 2016, 01:35.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You either don't understand how words work or, more likely, you're being disingenuous.

Comment

If your shenanigans are imperilling somebody's soul
          Do you believe we have an immortal soul?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Of course not, and your continued (feigned) inability to parse my post even after I've repeated it several times is quite frustrating, so go ahead and choose to believe whatever you choose to believe. My post was directed at Kidicious at any rate, who may not understand that he is making the world a worse place through his actions; in contrast, I doubt that you care one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              I find it intriguing that in the same post that an atheist professes his atheism, that he affirms the existence of an eternal soul, possessed by others, that could be damned should Kid and I fail to do our jobs.
              The act of communicating between those with differing belief systems does not affirm or legitimize either system. Pretty pathetic sophistry, Ben. Is English your first language?
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Of course not
                If you don't have an immortal soul, then how can anything Kid or I type on Apolyton have any influence over it's fate?

What consequences are there for Kid and I if we evangelize poorly? There is no hell, no God no nothing at all. At worst it's a sad joke that has no bearing on your life whatsoever.

Why would guilt matter? There is no guilt if we fail to evangelize you into the cult of the yellow banana as there would be to fail to evangelize you into God.

Rather, logically you should be praising us for doing a bad job because that would be preventing people from joining and entering a cult.

Comment

The act of communicating between those with differing belief systems does not affirm or legitimize either system. Pretty pathetic sophistry, Ben. Is English your first language?
                  I'm not quite sure how, from atheist principles, we are 'contributing to delinquincy' through poor Christian evangelism.

Can you run that one by me?

Comment

Do you really think there is no guilt in atheist families? Guilt is about human interaction; it does not require a supernatural entity.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Do you really think there is no guilt in atheist families?
                      I never said that. I asked why there would be guilt?

Guilt is about human interaction; it does not require a supernatural entity.
                      In the context of poor Christian evangelism, if God is not real, why should we feel guilty?

Comment

So you admit God is not real and thus your poor Christian evangelism is irrelevant?

(Ben is so incapable of seeing another viewpoint on an issue that it is impossible for him to fathom that someone could address a hypothetical without 100% believing that the hypothetical is reality.)

Comment

Last time Ben was on vacation from Poly, he came back with a few new techniques, a little change to his game.

Not this time.

Comment

So you admit God is not real and thus your poor Christian evangelism is irrelevant?
                            Not at all. I'm saying that if one believes that God is not real, therefore, Christian evangelism is irrelevant.

(Ben is so incapable of seeing another viewpoint on an issue that it is impossible for him to fathom that someone could address a hypothetical without 100% believing that the hypothetical is reality.)
                            Nonsense. From an atheist perspective, why would one conclude that a poor evangelist was a bad thing? I don't see it. It would seem to me a good thing.

Comment

I don't see it.
                              Thanks for confirming my statement with yet more evidence.

Comment

Not at all. I'm saying that if one believes that God is not real, therefore, Christian evangelism is irrelevant.
                                By your own absurd reasoning that means you are an atheist.

Comment

Working...
                                X