Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is the worse Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    Judge not, lest ye be judged.
    Stop aggravating me.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I was kind of joking, but I wish you had not shared that video.

Comment

I'm also amazed that Kid is happy to be a worse Christian than you Ben, but it certainly seems to be the case here.
          It's quite an honor, really. It's like the KKK announcing their "worst black man" contest.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

BK and Kidicious actually have quite a clever scheme going - by making Christianity appear to be a religion for vile and/or insane people they reduce the number of Christians in the world, and then after God damns the non-believers the few remaining Christians will get the best seats in the house.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

BK and Kidicious actually have quite a clever scheme going - by making Christianity appear to be a religion for vile and/or insane people they reduce the number of Christians in the world, and then after God damns the non-believers the few remaining Christians will get the best seats in the house.
              Dammit. Why are you trying to ruin my scheme?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                Do you realize how stupid you would be to not become a Christian because of two people on the internet? Maybe you just aren't bright enough to be a Christian.

Comment

You're saying that God would intentionally create somebody who was too stupid to worship him?

I must say that you're the first alleged Christian I've encountered who has stated that God creates people for no other purpose than to send them to Hell. Certainly I've encountered many Christians who have stated that some people are too depraved to go to any place but Hell when they die, but this was the fault of the depraved person and not due to any flaw that God built into them. You on the other hand have stated that a. intelligence is a prerequisite for being a Christian and that b. some people aren't intelligent enough to be Christians, with intellect presumably being a flaw beyond the individual's control. What a wonderful religion you belong to - is it any wonder that you have the means of driving people away from it when you cast it in such an unflattering (to say the least) light?

Or is that not what you meant? Were you merely trying to use your religion as a means of insulting me and you blasphemed in the process? How delightful.

It's also amusing that you say that you and Ben don't have the capability of driving anybody away from Christianity, which presumably means that you also lack the capability of helping anybody find their way to Christianity. One wonders why you spend so much time talking about Christianity when by your own admission you're only spouting hot air. Or do you mean to say that you're only capable of casting Christianity in a positive light and that it's not your fault if you instead cast it it in a negative light? Because that's horse**** and you know it. If your shenanigans are imperilling somebody's soul (or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency) then you share a hefty portion of their guilt.
                  Last edited by loinburger; January 27, 2016, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    You're saying that God would intentionally create somebody who was too stupid to worship him?

I must say that you're the first alleged Christian I've encountered who has stated that God creates people for no other purpose than to send them to Hell. Certainly I've encountered many Christians who have stated that some people are too depraved to go to any place but Hell when they die, but this was the fault of the depraved person and not due to any flaw that God built into them. You on the other hand have stated that a. intelligence is a prerequisite for being a Christian and that b. some people aren't intelligent enough to be Christians, with intellect presumably being a flaw beyond the individual's control. What a wonderful religion you belong to - is it any wonder that you have the means of driving people away from it when you cast it in such an unflattering (to say the least) light?

Or is that not what you meant? Were you merely trying to use your religion as a means of insulting me and you blasphemed in the process? How delightful.

It's also amusing that you say that you and Ben don't have the capability of driving anybody away from Christianity, which presumably means that you also lack the capability of helping anybody find their way to Christianity. One wonders why you spend so much time talking about Christianity when by your own admission you're only spouting hot air. Or do you mean to say that you're only capable of casting Christianity in a positive light and that it's not your fault if you instead cast it it in a negative light? Because that's horse**** and you know it. If your shenanigans are imperilling somebody's soul (or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency) then you share a hefty portion of their guilt.
                    You would be better off reading the Bible than trying to figure out all of this by yourself, or judging a religion by what a couple of guys say on the internet. Are you saying that isn't the smart thing to do? What else should I say if you disagree with me?

The Rich Young Man

17 And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” 20 And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” 21 And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is[a] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him,[b] “Then who can be saved?” 27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” 28 Peter began to say to him, “See, we have left everything and followed you.” 29 Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, 30 who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”
                    Mark 10:17-31

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      You would be better off reading the Bible than trying to figure out all of this by yourself, or judging a religion by what a couple of guys say on the internet. Are you saying that isn't the smart thing to do? What else should I say if you disagree with me?
                      Do you believe that you are capable of harming somebody's perception of Christianity through your actions online?

Comment

If your shenanigans are imperilling somebody's soul (or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency) then you share a hefty portion of their guilt.
                        Your argument presupposes that Heaven and God exists. Also this particular sword cuts both ways.

Comment

Please re-read the statement that you quoted, in particular: "or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency." I'll repeat that: "or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency." And again: "or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency." Do you still claim that my argument presupposes that Heaven and God exist? If so, then allow me to repeat again: "or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency." I don't see any mention of Heaven or God there, do you?

Comment

Please re-read the statement that you quoted, in particular: "or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency."
                            Yes, and that presumes that there is a universal morality that is consistent with the beliefs of God, that this God actually exists, that heaven actually exists, and that we, as Christians can actually be punished for our transgressions.

Are you sure you're an atheist? You don't sound like one to me.

If God doesn't exist then we cannot be punished for our transgressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Yes, and that presumes that there is a universal morality that is consistent with the beliefs of God, that this God actually exists, that heaven actually exists, and that we, as Christians can actually be punished for our transgressions.

Are you sure you're an atheist? You don't sound like one to me.

If God doesn't exist then we cannot be punished for our transgressions.
                              Where did I say anything about punishment? I did a quick ctrl-f on this page and, sure enough, I never said anything about punishment. I happen to believe that it is important for us to be moral even if we aren't going to be punished for immoral behavior in the afterlife, and it is both shameful and pathetic that all you are concerned with is the threat of divine punishment. If there were no God then what is the first atrocity that you'd commit?

Comment

If your shenanigans are imperilling somebody's soul (or as my atheist brain would put it, if your shenanigans are contributing to somebody else's delinquency) then you share a hefty portion of their guilt.
                                What guilt is there if God does not exist?

Comment

Working...
                                X