Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is the worse Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?
    If I ask a believer what Thor stands for, they will tell me of the virtues of a bold, decisive, honest and loyal warrior.

If I ask a believer what Vishnu stands for, they will tell me of Vishnusahasranama.

All gods, even say Hades, have virtues and as the Greeks would say, even Hades was necessary to the well being of the world. In death providing a balance to the life giving aspects of life.

Thus I would argue all gods have a moral code.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• because it's bad for society it is not rational.
      The predicate, "Reason is good for society" comes from Rousseau, Kid.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Thus I would argue all gods have a moral code.
        So?

If you're trying to be "clever" and reply to an alternate meaning for a post, you quoted the wrong one.

Comment

It says something when neither Kid nor Aeson can disagree with the post
          I'm perfectly happy to agree with you if you make a good point using sound logic. So try and make another someday.

Comment

• If you're trying to be "clever" and reply to an alternate meaning for a post, you quoted the wrong one.
            Well, that's the meaning I took from the statement. The statement that all gods have a moral code is a significant one, IMO.

Comment

• At OP: choosing between the plague and the cholera is not a choise any sane adult should entertain.

Both BK and Kid are raping Christianity to justify their ****ty moral standards and any harm it may cause other people.

This thread proves my point.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

The statement that all gods have a moral code is a significant one, IMO.
                It's a strawman.

And it's false. There are an infinite possible number of gods, since (even if you believe in one) the vast majority are obviously just made up. So I just made up a god without a moral code. Hvrasamaoliphenoe is a non-corporeal being with no characteristics, no thoughts, no actions. Google will tell you that you meant to search for "Virus Email Iphone", but it is a lie. And thus ends the tale of the god Hvrasamaoliphenoe.

Comment

• also, as gods are human inventions, it's hardly surprising that they possess the full range of human morality.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• And it's false. There are an infinite possible number of gods
                    What is the basis for this statement?

, since (even if you believe in one) the vast majority are obviously just made up.
                    That is a curious statement. I don't think that the vast majority of gods out there or pantheons are 'made up'. I think that a considerable amount of thought has been put into them and that there is enormous benefit in studying the society and studying their religious systems. I don't know enough about the Greek and Roman systems. I have not read enough of Hesiod.

My personal belief is that God has appeared to many different groups of people in many different times, and that they all contain some truth in them, even if they get other stuff wrong. Christianity is special because of Christ.

So I just made up a god without a moral code. Hvrasamaoliphenoe is a non-corporeal being with no characteristics, no thoughts, no actions. Google will tell you that you meant to search for "Virus Email Iphone", but it is a lie. And thus ends the tale of the god Hvrasamaoliphenoe.
                    I'm not quite sure how that answers my question. Is there an example, a real anthropological answer, of a god with no morals?

Comment

• Both BK and Kid are raping Christianity to justify their ****ty moral standards and any harm it may cause other people.
                      So what am I? Plague or Cholera?

Comment

What is the basis for this statement?
                        The rest of the sentence.

I don't think that the vast majority of gods out there or pantheons are 'made up'.
                        There is as much empirical evidence that Hvrasamaoliphenoe exists as any of them. (And less damning evidence that Hvrasamaoliphenoe doesn't exist than many ... if not all ... of them.)

I'm not quite sure how that answers my question. Is there an example, a real anthropological answer, of a god with no morals?
                        Hvrasamaoliphenoe ... first mentioned on Apolyton c. 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                          also, as gods are human inventions, it's hardly surprising that they possess the full range of human morality.
                          Logical fallacy.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Which logical fallacy are you referring to?
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              Which logical fallacy are you referring to?
                              Let's see, which one should I choose? How about begging the question?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You are a delusional manbaby
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X