Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is the worse Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Yet if you told your therapist about your beliefs he would likely have you placed in an institution for the insane.
    Believing in a God who's existence can't be proven is a protected right in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      And my microscope tells me that the stars are points of light an infinite distance away. Your point is?
      You should perhaps use a telescope.

The point is exactly what I said. You have no more empirical evidence that your God exists than that Hvrasamaoliphenoe exists.

Comment

• "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. QED"

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• If gods aren't real, who makes sure the sun will rise every morning? Checkmate, atheists.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
            If gods aren't real, who makes sure the sun will rise every morning? Checkmate, atheists.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	aliens.png
Views:	1
Size:	455.7 KB
ID:	9102236
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• You should perhaps use a telescope.
              And that, is my point. Just because I don't see God in my microscope doesn't mean that he doesn't exist. You use the tools for the job. Empiricism makes no testable theological claims.

You have no more empirical evidence that your God exists than that Hvrasamaoliphenoe exists.
              None of the empirical devices that we possess claim to measure God.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. QED"

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
                We don't really sit around and talk about evolution.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

And that, is my point. Just because I don't see God in my microscope doesn't mean that he doesn't exist. You use the tools for the job. Empiricism makes no testable theological claims.
                  There are no tools for the job of delineating between which unprovable gods exist and which don't.

Which means your statement that all gods must have moral codes is complete conjecture on your part with no evidence to back it up.

Comment

• How can Aeson ban people if his god is amoral?

Comment

• a) I don't have a god.
                      b) belief in an amoral god would mean that god had no moral impact on believers actions.
                      c) actions can be taken without regard for morals.

Comment

How can Aeson ban people if his god is amoral?
                        He owns Apolyton...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          a) I don't have a god.
                          b) belief in an amoral god would mean that god had no moral impact on believers actions.
                          c) actions can be taken without regard for morals.
                          All of those are horrible.

Comment

• There are no tools for the job of delineating between which unprovable gods exist and which don't.
                            And until microscopes were discovered there were no tools for the job of detecting microbes. Did they cease to exist?

Which means your statement that all gods must have moral codes is complete conjecture on your part with no evidence to back it up.
                            Actually I have cited evidence of 3 gods for which morals exist based on anthropological evidence.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

And until microscopes were discovered there were no tools for the job of detecting microbes. Did they cease to exist?
                              You have no point. Until you have evidence to prove something exists there is no way to prove it exists. Just because some things we cant prove exist do exist doesn't mean all things we cant prove exist exist.

Actually I have cited evidence of 3 gods for which morals exist based on anthropological evidence.
                              Which fails to prove your point.

Comment

All of those are horrible.
                                You are horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X