• Show
Clear All

• They are not very strong though.
    22.000 at most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
      They are not very strong though.
      22.000 at most.
      Estimates vary and range between 20k and 70k (even russia AFAIK estimates around 50k)
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Probably most of them are petty criminals anyway, hiding behind that banner to wreack havoc, they will flee as soon as they see this is no joke anymore.
        The thing is to have a viable tommorow plan, somewhat agreed by all significant, sane actors and that plan to be viable aimed at the well being of the region alone, bold and followed to the letter.

Comment

• of course I don't trust anyone to adhere to these principles because they are dufuses

Comment

• But it is possible. Just in different ways.

You have several essential problems to removing ISIS.

The biggest one is Assad.

While the world does not agree what to do about him, resolving the situation in Syria is paralysed.

And the essential problem is that we have allies and enemies fighting for both sides, so ISIS can flourish in the vacuum between.

The problem with Assad is that he leads a minority government, so a democratic Syria of the future is likely to be a bad thing for Russia and Iran.

For them to stop propping him up, their strategic interests in Syria need to be assured.

Then you have the other side, Turkey, Saudi Arabia etc.

Basically this is an intractable proxy war with no obvious end in sight.

Your best bet is de facto areas carved out by the various factions and a truce along those lines between the nice rebels and government forces as the moderates get bored with fighting each other and then concentrating on ISIS.

This means that the best solution for tackling ISIS is letting Assad stay in power.

Turkey won't like that of course, so they'll probably carry on turning a blind eye towards ISIS and carry on degrading the Kurds on a regular basis.

Iraq OTOH should be relatively* simple.

A concerted and systematic air and ground campaign to retake all the ISIS areas. Training and re-equipping the Iraqi army (what ****ing idiot actually thought it was a good idea to disband the Iraqi army!?) and the same with the Kurds.

Blah...

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post

A concerted and systematic air and ground campaign to retake all the ISIS areas. Training and re-equipping the Iraqi army (what ****ing idiot actually thought it was a good idea to disband the Iraqi army!?) and the same with the Kurds.

Blah...
              The "funny" thing is, that the iraqi army had a considerable strength ... on paper.
              Unfortunately the OrBat for the iraqi army was influenced by rather corruzpt officers, who would report, for example, that they had a whole company under their command, despite the fact that their real manpower would just be 3 platoons (meaning that they would get the money to supply a whole company and would just put the surplus of money (after feeding/supplying the 3 platoons which they really had) into their own pocket).

Seems like this thing was so widespread, that there was a huge difference between iraqs army strength on paper and in reality

A thing that surely no officer would have dared to do when Saddam still was in power
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Blame the Americans

Anyway, all these guys need to learn to start standing on their own two feet. ISIS needs to be seen to be defeated by the regional powers and not the West.

But also, the Sunnis need to be brought on board, or it's ongoing conflict in the region...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Mainly because it is an easy target as France is infested with radical muslims on welfare who sit around all day plotting **** like this. I am sure the Islamists will come up with some bull **** excuse like Mali or France airstrikes in Syria or something. The reality is no matter what we do the Islamist animals will always just invent another excuse for their barbarism.
                  You are a serious bigot.

**** off.

Piece of ****

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• God damn oerdin. You are a seriously ignorant dumb assed mother****er

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Just soooooo stupid.

It is surprising to me still because I used to think you were a decent human being

Call it, disappointment rage

If you were my child, I'd disown you

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I remember when he used to be such a nice young man and we would frolic together.

I think he must have been gang raped in Iraq or something to be like this now. So sad.

Comment

• At this point I don't care. He is ****ed in the head beyond hope.

At this point, it wouldn't be terrible if he ate himself to death

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Wow I'm mean

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              Wow I'm mean

Just now figuring this out? Wow, you're a dumb****.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Be nice, people.

Comment

Working...
                                X