No announcement yet.

Yet another damn terrorist attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm actually inclined to believe him here. I have no reason to, but I do anyway. Go figure.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The thing is that even with Russia even with the whole EU there is no way to crush the ISIS only through air strikes

Comment

• Yeah, someone's boots have to be on the ground and whoever it is will get bloody.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And who is going to do it?

Americans are on par with the lucifer himself when it comes to those regions.
          europeans would be (erroneously because it's not all representative) compared with crusaders.
          Russians? They have their own history with chechnya.

Turkey does not want a kurdish state and the moment she steps out all its major cities will explode.

Perhaps some of the actors there should stop wishywashing stuff and simply quite propping ISIS.

And we all know about what we talk, namely gulf states but also turkey (with the gentle islamic forum initiated by the US)

A concrete new border could be promised and then impllemented though and all actors speed to make it happen
          Last edited by Bereta_Eder; November 17, 2015, 17:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            Well that didn't take long.

Reading a "letter to the editor" in the morning paper saying how the attack would have been thwarted if people were allowed to carry guns.

*SIGH*
            Even better is Texas state rep Tony Dale, who says the state should not accept Syrian refugees because IT WILL BE TOO EASY FOR THEM TO GET GUNS.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
              I love how Oerdin thinks people will accept his nasty racist and bigoted opinions as gospel when it has been proved time and time again that:

Oerdin is always wrong

Oerdin, you must provide links from reputable sources, otherwise I will always assume you are spewing BS.
              he's certainly taking his time about providing support for his claims...
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yeah, someone's boots have to be on the ground and whoever it is will get bloody.
                Not very. They're a bunch of amateurs for the most part. The Foreign Legion and some para along with some other allied better than average forces would put the run on them pretty quick. Be welcomed as liberators in areas they hold now.

It isn't that difficult, and will probably happen within the next 6 months.

ISIL ended their regime with this attack.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Maybe one big danger by IS is, that they combine terrorism and regular warfare
                  (which won´t keep them from losing the war if a western army decides to send troops into the region, but might lead to higher losses of these western forces)
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I think a modern military would crush ISIS on the battlefield, but it would take decades to eliminate them as a threat that would pop right back up if we left. That's the main cost, the occupation, and all the newly minted "terrorists" that the "collateral damage" along would create.

Comment

• Now metro is shut down in paris, nothing moves.

Grèce, France : Alliance

we have to help them by helping them

Comment

Yeah, someone's boots have to be on the ground and whoever it is will get bloody.
                        If we hadn't got involved in the Iraqi cluster**** and lost so many soldiers, then maybe boots on the ground would be acceptable here.

Oh wait, if we hadn't got involved in the Iraqi cluster****, ISIS WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST...

But it is true that the west doesn't actually want to defeat ISIS, because boots on the ground is the only way that they'll be defeated. Or they're too chicken**** after Iraq and Afghanistan.

The only one with any balls so far seems to be Putin, but he's got his own agenda and ISIS are only a sideshow to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          I think a modern military would crush ISIS on the battlefield, but it would take decades to eliminate them as a threat that would pop right back up if we left. That's the main cost, the occupation, and all the newly minted "terrorists" that the "collateral damage" along would create.
                          Unfortunately, the only people that can effectively fill the vacuum created, is Assad and the Commie version of the Kurds, and too many people don't want that.

So we're destined to be stuck in this limbo proxy war with no end in sight. Oerdin might think it's cushy to live in a refugee camp for the rest of your life, but your average Syrian family doesn't...

There is one simple answer for the West, wash its hands of the whole damned mess that they've created and let the Sunnis and Shias get on with what is essentially a sectarian war. And try and solve it at the negotiating table via the UN.

But no one is going to do that. Because we need to wring our hands and be seen to be doing 'something'...

Comment

Oh wait, if we hadn't got involved in the Iraqi cluster****, [B]ISIS WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST...

it is nothing short of incredible how quickly and easily people have forgotten this.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• That is why they are forever destined to repeat the same mistakes, over and over again...

Comment

There is one simple answer for the West, wash its hands of the whole damned mess that they've created and let the Sunnis and Shias get on with what is essentially a sectarian war. And try and solve it at the negotiating table via the UN.

But no one is going to do that. Because we need to wring our hands and be seen to be doing 'something'...
                                Not possible anymore with regards to IS ... they already said that they aren´t satisfied with getting rid of the Shia but want to turn the whole world into a sunni caliphate ... and I guess any withdrawal of the western states out of the muslim countries would be interpreted by IS as weakness of the west ... and would even more lead to them trying to bring terror to the western world
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X