No announcement yet.

The Great Scottish FREEEEEEEEEDOOOMMMMM!!!!1!!! vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Lothian and Stirling standing up for the Union!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      When will the Scottish people realize that it's not the London financial elites who know what's best for them, but fakeboris?
      My legacy endures
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Wow, crushing defeat. Looks like it will be just, barely 5 councils. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, West Dunbartonshire and North Lanarckshire by just 5k votes.
        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 19, 2014, 00:38.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Err, what? Edinburgh isn't going to be yes (barring a completely shock result).

Comment

• O.K., it is "No".

Hundreds of Flag manufacturers will be unhappy now
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Err, what? Edinburgh isn't going to be yes (barring a completely shock result).
              Really? I thought it was mostly urban areas voting yes vs all the rural areas voting no.

So just Glasgow then? Wow. That's pathetic support. Surprised they bothered. Glasgow was never going to be able to negotiate a 'Scotland' with just Glasgow and some of their suburbs.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• You mean except for the fact that all the other places have massive support for independence too? 45% is still hugely significant even if it's not a majority.

I'm surprised about Aberdeen, doesn't it have a lot of students?

Well, I suppose the oil industry is big there and that made the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Really? I thought it was mostly urban areas voting yes vs all the rural areas voting no.

So just Glasgow then? Wow. That's pathetic support. Surprised they bothered. Glasgow was never going to be able to negotiate a 'Scotland' with just Glasgow and some of their suburbs.
                  It's not nearly as simple as urban vs rural. Aberdeen (the oil city) went No and Edinburgh (the money city) will too. Dundee and Glasgow were always going to be Yes and Fife will almost certainly be Yes too.

Comment

• You mean except for the fact that all the other places have massive support for independence too? 45% is still hugely significant even if it's not a majority.
                    Would you consider Jimmy Carter 'significant' in 1980? Reagan crushed him with a margin smaller than 55-45. Nationwise, anything 10+ is huge.

The republic of some of Glasgow and Dundee will never be independent let alone representing Scotland.

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It's not nearly as simple as urban vs rural. Aberdeen (the oil city) went No and Edinburgh (the money city) will too. Dundee and Glasgow were always going to be Yes and Fife will almost certainly be Yes too.
                        Ok, I stand corrected. What's behind the support in Dundee? How is Dundee different from Aberdeen?

Comment

• I know **** all about Dundee. I know Glasgow is a big Yes because it has some pretty deprived areas though, so it's a much easier sell on change.

Comment

• The interesting question now will be, what tiny fraction of Camerons promises towards the scots will de facto enter the realm of reality.

The other interesting question may be, if the scots will be very angry about it (i.e. the most likely fact that it will be only a very tiny fraction)
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Big No votes from Aberdeenshire and Edinburgh. It's over.

Comment

• Cameron has a pretty strong mandate. Stay the course is better liked than him personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X