Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Brown - the 'kid' shot by cops 4 days ago in the US, who might have been unarmed and maybe was not fighting the cops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have posted, as fact, things which are demonstrably false
    Where?

So you're worse off than him in that account (also, he stopped claiming such things as soon as it became clear they weren't true, unlike you).
    Hmm, I'm curious what exactly I've posted that has demonstratively been proven false. Are you asserting that the CoP's statement doesn't corroborate with the witnesses? He stated, and remember 'exact words', that the initial stop was for walking in the street, blocking traffic. This corroborates with the witnesses' statement which states the same thing.

I like how you have no doubt whatsoever that whoever you like is telling 100% the complete, unnuanced truth
    When folks were asserting he was shot in the back, I was not asserting that he was shot in the back because I suspected this was incorrect. Facts and evidence forthwith has proven my assessment correct, leading me to believe that I have an accurate understanding of what actually happened.

Further evidence I have seen from reliable sources has reinforced my initial assessment, again leading me to believe I had it right out of the gate.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It's terribly amusing that jaywalking is a crime over there.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Walking in the street, blocking traffic is not an appropriate reason for a cop to intervene?
        I've never seen or heard of a cop stopping somebody for jaywalking in Maryland. The laws may be on the books, but nobody enforces them because they're stupid.

/me remains strangely unmoved at the assertion that Texans are racist hicks.
        Texas seceded from Mexico for the sole purpose of perpetuating slavery.

Interesting. At what point did the cop infringe on Michael's rights to the point of justifying his murder?
        The cop is still alive. Michael is unarmed man who was shot six times.

It causes you no concern then to continue repeating the observations from the same discredited source that do not corroborate with other sources.
        What are you talking about? What observations from discredited sources am I repeating? The WSJ? The Chief of Police? Or are you talking about those photos of the cops breaking firearm safety rules?

No. The timeline supports his assertion - that Michael was initially pulled over for walking in the street, not the robbery, which corroborates with the witnesses' statement that he was only first informed of the robbery and Michael's possible involvement after calling for backup.
        Who exactly are these witnesses you keep citing?
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Obviously they were on their way to put up more speed cameras and had no time for your nonsense.
          I presume when asked to 'get out of the street' that Lorizael would comply due to his familiarity with Chris Rock.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            I have, on multiple occasions, jaywalked directly in front of moving cop cars. I have never been stopped for it. I wonder why that is.
            By jaywalking, do you mean crossing where you're not supposed to, or actually using the middle of the road as an alternate sidewalk?
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I'm not inclined to go over your posts again to find the relevant one. But felch helpfully quoted it up there.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• I've never seen or heard of a cop stopping somebody for jaywalking in Maryland. The laws may be on the books, but nobody enforces them because they're stupid.
                Hmm. Again, we have another 'restatement' of what was actually said. I never said he was jaywalking. I said he was blocking traffic by walking down the street in the middle of the street, preventing traffic flow.

Texas seceded from Mexico for the sole purpose of perpetuating slavery.
                Which is why Texas banned slavery prior to the United States of America.

The cop is still alive. Michael is unarmed man who was shot six times.
                That is not an answer to my question. At what point did the cop violate Michael's civil rights to the point of justifying his murder?

What are you talking about?
                That he had surrendered before being shot.

What observations from discredited sources am I repeating? The WSJ? The Chief of Police? Or are you talking about those photos of the cops breaking firearm safety rules?
                One, the WSJ + CoP corroborates with the testimony of the witness.

Two, those pictures do not depict the cop in question. So I'm not quite sure how they are relevant. Except for asserting, COPS SUCK hurf durf.

Who exactly are these witnesses you keep citing?
                Finally!

Actually from Commie News Network.

The officer who killed Michael Brown says the teen rushed at him in the moments before the shooting, according to an account phoned into a radio station.

Comment

• I'm not inclined to go over your posts again to find the relevant one.
                  And yet you're absolutely certain I've posted falsehood.

Better warm up the helicopters.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    By jaywalking, do you mean crossing where you're not supposed to, or actually using the middle of the road as an alternate sidewalk?
                    Crossing where I'm not supposed to. Anyone who uses the road as an alternate sidewalk deserves whatever happens to them.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      I've seen people walk down the middle of the street, both here in Germantown, and in Baltimore. I've never seen or heard of police doing anything to stop it. There are public awareness campaigns (posters and billboards on buses), but traffic cops seem more interested in ticketing speeders and looking for DUIs.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

And yet you're absolutely certain I've posted falsehood.

Better warm up the helicopters.
                        I have better things to do than that, but yes, I am absolutely certain. I'm also certain, for example, that I finished a report for one of our clients without having to open it and re-read it all again.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Crossing where I'm not supposed to. Anyone who uses the road as an alternate sidewalk deserves whatever happens to them.
                          Michael was using the road as an alternate sidewalk prior to being stopped by the police. I don't see that as an unreasonable action for the cop to take. But then I've only lived in America for awhile, so what do I know?

Comment

• I have better things to do than that, but yes, I am absolutely certain. I'm also certain, for example, that I finished a report for one of our clients without having to open it and re-read it all again.
                            Are the Commie helicopters painted red?

Comment

• Jaywalking endangers the pedestrian and stresses out drivers. I know it stresses out me. It's a misdemeanor because of that, and I support fining the bozos who do it.
                              Last edited by The Mad Monk; August 19, 2014, 11:41.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I said he was blocking traffic by walking down the street in the middle of the street, preventing traffic flow.
                                Something for which I'm sure you also have proof
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X