Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Brown - the 'kid' shot by cops 4 days ago in the US, who might have been unarmed and maybe was not fighting the cops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's the root problem. He didn't get shot for knocking over the store. He was detained for it.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• A prisoner breaking free of custody is also a failure of police procedure.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It can be, but the problem here is that the detainee, was never fully detained. I sorry. I should have specified that he was only attempted to be detained. Still, the point remains, he was not shot for making the bad choice of robbing the store.
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
          It can be, but the problem here is that the detainee, was never fully detained. I sorry. I should have specified that he was only attempted to be detained. Still, the point remains, he was not shot for making the bad choice of robbing the store.
          Agree.

This is a bit of a tangent, but does a person need to be in custody for a petty crime? Seems like a person does not need to be present during any of the legal process... including the trial. For such cases, the police don't need to be involved. Fines can be collected via wage garnishment. As far as jail goes, what purpose does that serve? I can't think of one. The goal should be to make people into functioning citizens. Disruptions in a person's life, like prison/jail time have the opposite effect.

Aside from responding to an active shooter, bomber, or violent act of that nature, the police response should be explicitly non-lethal (not less than lethal).

Around here, a report of a man with a knife will result in a SWAT team. There's no need for that whatsoever. For unarmed individuals (or people with melee weapons), all you need is a group of guys to tackle him. And just tackle. Not tackle and punch in the head fifty times. Not tackle and kick his head. Not tackle and smash his face into the ground.

Thought on this, Donegeal?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• where's the mom? where's Sharpton? I think maybe this 'kid' had some issues that should be looked at. starting with mom.

and this is the 'kid' who was getting ready to go to school to be a air and heating tech ??? I don't think I would want this thug in my house. I think cops did everyone a favor.

Comment

• The direction things are going is like you say. Our Office, and the Jail, have this thing called 'Bond Book Justification' on our Notice of Arrest. Here it is verbatim:

All persons arrested for a misdemeanor, including a misdemeanor traffic offense, shall be released from custody without a cash bond unless any of the following exist (check all that apply):

O The accused does not have proper identification.
              O The accused appears to represent a danger of harm to him/herself, another person or property.
              O The accused cannot show sufficient evidence of ties to the community.
              O The accused has previously failed to appear in court or failed to respond to a citation.
              O Arrest or further detention is necessary to carry out legitimate investigative action in accordance with law enforcement policies.

No, I don't actually have that all memorized, I just happen to have a blank NOA laying around (you know, just in case ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                When regular people make mistakes, nothing much happens. When cops make mistakes, bad **** happens.
                When regular people make mistakes, they're arrested and charged with a crime. When cops make mistakes, they're protected by a conspiracy of silence. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• People are allowed self defense. I don't see the argument here that the cop did anything wrong. Are you saying that if some big dude tried to grab your gun that you'd be so sanguine?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• If I killed somebody, especially if I shot an unarmed man in the back, I'd be arrested. If I had a good reason, I could use that as a defense in court. But my picture and name would still be in the papers the next day.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• If I killed somebody, especially if I shot an unarmed man in the back, I'd be arrested. If I had a good reason, I could use that as a defense in court. But my picture and name would still be in the papers the next day.
                      Do you have reason to believe you'd receive death threats?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                        where's the mom? where's Sharpton? I think maybe this 'kid' had some issues that should be looked at. starting with mom.

and this is the 'kid' who was getting ready to go to school to be a air and heating tech ??? I don't think I would want this thug in my house. I think cops did everyone a favor.
                        Maybe step away from the keyboard for a while, champ.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          Agree.

Aside from responding to an active shooter, bomber, or violent act of that nature, the police response should be explicitly non-lethal (not less than lethal).

Around here, a report of a man with a knife will result in a SWAT team. There's no need for that whatsoever. For unarmed individuals (or people with melee weapons), all you need is a group of guys to tackle him. And just tackle. Not tackle and punch in the head fifty times. Not tackle and kick his head. Not tackle and smash his face into the ground.

Thought on this, Donegeal?
                          In the world of gun, knife, tackle. knife beats tackle every time. bat beats tackle also. Most police procedure involves being a level over your suspect, hopefully giving you the opportunity to get home to your family. If you were on the tackle crew eventually you would get stabbed or hit in the head with a bat.
                          As far as a police shooting, there is normally an investigation involved and if there are any issues the officers involved are place on administrative duties/leave pending the outcome. There is a process in place and I think that the process is as fair as possible as long as it is followed. I do not think the people protesting have even given the process an opportunity to work.
                          I do not know Ferguson but I do know that there are other things we should be protesting that have an equal or greater effect on the community.
                          What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                          What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• I do agree that when you take someone down and they are subdued then the fighting stops. That is actually police practice. I would bet that in most videos that you see where police are striking a person that is already compliant that officer has been disciplined.
                            We've had cases where officers have been suspended for refusing to give there name and badge number.
                            I think the public is misinformed. Officers are held more accountable than the general public.
                            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                              where's the mom? where's Sharpton? I think maybe this 'kid' had some issues that should be looked at. starting with mom.

The kid's only issue at this point is that he's dead, and no amount of petty theft charges or pictures of him looking like a thug or any other amount of bull**** will justify this.

It's one thing to say that the kid's death is justified because he was a danger to the cop, but as soon as you bring up pictures of him looking like a thug then you're being, at best, an *******.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• To which pictures of him looking like a thug are you referring?

Comment

Working...
                                X