No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to take my car into the mechanic earlier this week, costing me a minor fortune I didn't have. The upside: without a car for a day, I walked around plenty. Of course, it was raining.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I think the suicide rate is highrr for people who smoke pot and watch anime. Idk
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I had to take my car into the mechanic earlier this week, costing me a minor fortune I didn't have. The upside: without a car for a day, I walked around plenty. Of course, it was raining.
        If you're not a sponge or water soluble, what's the prob ?

The point is: regular daily or weekly exercise. And get more sleep- 4 hours nightly is not good- I speak from bitter experience, as my friend's sudden death when I was at university meant I suffered terrible insomnia.

The world looks and sounds more like a Beckett or Pinter play at 3 in the morning after no sleep.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• A recent study showed that lack of sleep in mice causes permanent brain damage. Woo!
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

A recent study showed that lack of sleep in mice causes permanent brain damage. Woo!
            Well, what are you, man or mouse ?

Unobligatory semiobscure film refererence:

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-mouse-that-roared-movie-poster-1959-1020502385.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	9100303

By the by, laughter is also good medicine. What are your favourite comedies, series, films or stand up shows ? Try watching some.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• I have no problem laughing, but it's more of a desperate, slowly morphing into crying cackle.

Comment

I have no problem laughing, but it's more of a desperate, slowly morphing into crying cackle.
                Oh lord.

Are you actually the Giant Despair ? I think we should be told. Let me guess- your address is Abyssal Deep, Slough of Despond.

Comment

• -Not to say that your feelings aren't valid.

I always hated people telling me I was wrong to feel that way. You are entitled to your bummer, and don't let anyone tell you different.

But you're also at liberty to reach down and grab those bootstraps. We're rootin' for you.
                  AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                  JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• What the rapist has been trying to drill into my skull is that feelings are real, but they're not necessarily facts. I should pay attention to my feelings, acknowledge them, maybe realize they represent unmet needs, but not necessarily give in to them or accept their interpretation of reality.

This should be a winning approach with me, given that I'm exceedingly well attuned to the concepts of cognitive bias. Over the years I've done a great deal of self-analysis to determine whether or not my beliefs about the world are true, which has often involved realizing that the strength of a belief is not an indicator of how true a particular belief is. This has had positive results. Unlike a lot of depressed people, I don't believe the world is out to get me or anything like that. Really, most people are nothing more than thoughtlessly selfish.

But what I've been unable to do is have any kind of impact on my beliefs about myself. I "know" that I'm a failure. I "know" that I can never change. And so on.

Comment

• Yeah; that's hindbrain inner child stuff talking, and you can't really reason with it.

You can, however, shout it down and retrain it. It's less frustrating than trying to correct an immature OT poster.

Are you still a mod here like it says at the bottom of the page? They don't make chimps moderators (except over at Traitorland - but Solver's errors aren't my problem anymore).

Anyway, there's a reason the positive thinking types do the affirmations. Keep at it hard enough, long enough, and your stupid hindbrain will start believing it. (A friend back in the 90's, when I was still working hard at it, told me I really was Stuart Smalley!)

No pasarán

Comment

• Well, I have moderator powers. As far as whether or not I'm a moderator... ask Aeson?

Comment

• The best thing about exercise is that it really helps with sleep issues.

It doesn't have to be too intense, just enough to get your heart rate up for 20 minutes or more.

Highly recommended.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Say Lori; I don't suppose you're following the smilie thread are you? One reason I started that was to demonstrate s depressive piece of crap entertaining himself and doing service to others. It makes me happy, more or less...

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                              WKRP aged very badly in that respect, too.
                              Not as badly as Barney Miller.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                                Death Note kinda pisses me off. It's one of those anime's that's half-bright and thinks it's brilliant. Like it was written by sharp 12 year-olds, y'know? All the characters talk way too much.
                                It demonstrated to me that you can utterly despise each and every one of the main characters, yet still feel compelled to watch to the bitter, unfulfilling end.

I'm still shocked that L wasn't shown to be psychic at some point. "I have always known it was Light, I just needed to prove it without giving myself away".
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X