No announcement yet.

Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't eat frozen vegetables right out of the can, and they actually do cost about twice as much here.

Comment

• You realize the amount on the can includes the "broth", right?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Reg needs to post more pictures of his food so we can make fun of him some more.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• No, no. This is a teachable moment and we all need to make the most of it.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Dead serious here, I make a pretty mean taco salad.

And for the record the chicken casserole was actually really good. It doesn't look appetizing because it doesn't have the french fried onions on top. The texture is perfect; the rice and the cream of chicken/mushroom are all smooth, the french fried onions are crunchy, and the chicken provides resistance. It's also a lot more flavorful than it looks because of the worcester sauce and the cream of mushroom.

Comment

• My grandma used to make that. Minus the rice of course.

Comment

• My mom makes it, but she puts the rice underneath the rest of the casserole so it doesn't absorb the soup. It is better that way, but it's harder for me to store and reheat that way.

Comment

• You keep the bread in the freezer?
                  Trick I learned first time I came down to Texas. I had the exact same reaction. Works great, especially in the summers. Also, leaving bread in fridge is something you learn to do here - it will dry out too quickly if left out.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Have your taste buds been amputated ? Do you have permanent sinusitis ?

You probably prefer canned asparagus too.
                    I actually like the taste of the sweet peas here. Though they are better with salsa.

I've had fresh garden peas and they are fantastic, but I don't exactly have a garden here.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• People who put bread in freezers should be put down like the uncivilized barbarians they are. Just buy less or eat more. The only bread which sits around for more than a few days at my house is the sliced "improved" bread with yucky preservatives (though it is convenient for making sandwiches). All other bread is bought fresh that day or baked, as god intended and as tastes best.

Comment

• My mother has on occasion sent me poppyseed bread that she baked, which I will keep in the freezer because she'll send a ton of it at once.

Comment

• Obviously you seek damnation for your crimes against all that is holy.

Comment

• You must have had a hell of a time in the army eating MREs and T-rats. It must have given you a religious crisis or somesuch.

Comment

• Yeah, camping with anything other than canned is a pain.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• When camping, freeze dried is 100% the way to go because it's so much lighter than everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X