No announcement yet.

Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow peas, snap peas, not the same thing. Do you have a deaf blind mute doing your shopping ?
    Those are the fresh peas sold this time of year. And yes, they are yummy, but expensive.

So they have no baker's within walking distance of anyone ? Are they guarded with barbed wire and machine gun emplacements too ?
    I can tell you're a european. No, not in Socal. Everyone drives everywhere in Socal.

Oh look, the political flipside to your religious martyrdom complex. So attractive.
    Does it hurt when the folks you despise actually live the life?

Or Lithuanian rye bread as I like to call it. And I sincerely doubt that. Life is too short and precious to spend it wasted eating your diet
    I'm sure when you're dying you'll think, "If only I had eaten more hipster bread, my life would be fulfilled."

I got to travel and see the country with the money I saved.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

I can tell you're a european.
      What was it gave it away, the lack of a concealed weapon on my person ? I've been to California. It's entirely possible to walk to a local deli or baker's or bodega or supermarket.

Does it hurt when the folks you despise actually live the life?
      Sorry, are you claiming to have been martyred recently ? Didn't think so.

I don't despise people who are religious or conservative as classes. Just individuals.

I'm sure when you're dying you'll think, "If only I had eaten more hipster bread, my life would be fulfilled."
      I don't eat hipster bread. What is that, some kind of bread sold in underground clubs ? I live in a thankfully multicultural multi-ethnic borough where the food choices aren't limited to tasteless, preservative-heavy, sweetened, white sliced foam in plastic.

I got to travel and see the country with the money I saved.
      Yeah, and I've been whale watching off Vancouver Island and scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef- and still ate tasty food. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• What was it gave it away, the lack of a concealed weapon on my person ? I've been to California. It's entirely possible to walk to a local deli or baker's or bodega or supermarket.
        You've been to San Francisco. Which explains your perception.

I don't despise people who are religious or conservative as classes. Just individuals.
        And somehow they all tend to be Catholics faithful to the magisterium. Odd that. No religious prejudice here.

I don't eat hipster bread. What is that, some kind of bread sold in underground clubs ? I live in a thankfully multicultural multi-ethnic borough where the food choices aren't limited to tasteless, preservative-heavy, sweetened, white sliced foam in plastic.
        You're not helping your case against being a hipster.

Yeah, and I've been whale watching off Vancouver Island and scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef- and still ate tasty food. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
        So I take it your obituary will be, "he loved his bread". I see.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You've been to San Francisco. .
          California. Lots of it, doofus.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• I bet you've never been in Redding.

Comment

Weather here is snow and ice and people are being told to stay off the roads. And I have easily a month's supply of food. Who's laughing now?
              All the ice on the roads will probably melt this afternoon so clearly the answer is "we're all laughing at Ben".

Comment

• It's up to 31 right now. Will have to do a little better than that to melt. I've been driving throughout though.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• No it won't. The snow melts off of the roads from the heat of friction with car tires.

It's 26 here and no snow on the roads because it's been cleared.

Comment

• It has to be much colder than 31 for snow to stick to road.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I'm looking out the window right now and the street begs to differ.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        It has to be much colder than 31 for snow to stick to road.
                        Actually the issue is ice, not snow, but given an air temperature of 31 at noon it seems very likely the roads will be warmer than freezing this afternoon.

Comment

• We rarely get snow. Black ice is usually the main issue. Makes the "High Five" a little treacherous.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            No it won't. The snow melts off of the roads from the heat of friction with car tires.

It's 26 here and no snow on the roads because it's been cleared.
                            and in upstate new york we salt the roads. less so in states where snow and ice is rare.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Snow plows are way down the "Need" list in the South.

Comment

He lives in California. San Diego. He drives everyday to pick up his hipster style bread and pat himself on the back for being so environmentally conscious. Meanwhile, me, the bitter clinging conservative stocks up on two weeks of staples so I can make my sammiches whenever I desire.
                                Drive? ****, with in two miles of my house there are like eight grocery stores all of which have a fresh bakery in them plus there are two bakeries (one with in two blocks of my house) so, no, I don't have to drive any where. Good bread is every where and most people insist on buying it hot and fresh because you really can taste the difference and bread more than a day old gets turned into croutons or other such stuff.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X