Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chick-Fil-A CEO posting more anti-gay comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
    I am glad to see a CEO come out with what he/she really feels. Far to much "politically correct" BS everywhere. Free speech is great, but pretty useless when many people are afraid to say what they really think.
    Free speech really doesn't exist in business . It's all what the almighty dollar wants - and the almighty dollar usually doesn't want CEOs to make political statements .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I like their waffle fries, but the sandwiches are overpriced.

PLEASE don't make me eat there to support Freedom of Speech again.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I don't think chik-fil-a exists in Rochester. Been a while since I ate at one, I think I was in Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          PLEASE don't make me eat there to support Freedom of Speech again.
          Quiet, you, or we'll boycott Taco Bell.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Does Chlck-fil-a make any sort of anti-gay-marriage political donations? Because if not, then I don't really understand the purpose of boycotting them. That would be like the CEO of IBM going on twitter and saying "I don't want my daughter to marry a black man," and then everybody rushing to boycott IBM. Hell, my grandmother was upset when my second cousin married an Ethiopian, but you don't see me rushing to boycott my grandmother...
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              Does Chlck-fil-a make any sort of anti-gay-marriage political donations? Because if not, then I don't really understand the purpose of boycotting them. That would be like the CEO of IBM going on twitter and saying "I don't want my daughter to marry a black man," and then everybody rushing to boycott IBM. Hell, my grandmother was upset when my second cousin married an Ethiopian, but you don't see me rushing to boycott my grandmother...
              They donate some amount of cash to groups with names like Traditional Family Values Defense Coalition. Or did, anyway. Those groups in turn probably used the cash on lawsuits or ads or something. I don't know if that counts. Seems pretty trivial to me; going after the buses in Montgomery made sense because that company had deliberately discriminatory policies. By contrast, CFA's CEO wastes some portion of his profits on a quixotic cultural war. I see no sense in punishing all the company's employees, or indeed the company itself, for that. If he wants to give cash to the anti-gays (or racists or misogynists or the FFRF for that matter), that's his business. I don't retain any kind of proprietary interest in my money after it's left my hands. Nor do I have a moral duty to mess up other people's livelihood to punish their boss for his weird opinions.
              1011 1100

Comment

Personally, I don't find anything special about CFA's food so it is extremely easy for me to avoid eating there simply because I don't like the bigoted politics of the family which controls the place. "But you're hurting the employees by not eating crappy fast food chicken!" I'd be hurting the employees of far better locally owned restaurants if I denied them my patronage plus they give me much better food than crappy fried fast food chicken. I don't like the causes CFA CEO supports so I don't want to contribute one penny to the ****er and I will continue to advocate others do the same. It's up to them if they want to do so or not but I've done my part as a consumer.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't like the causes CFA CEO supports so I don't want to contribute one penny to the ****er and I will continue to advocate others do the same.
                  "Mommy, why doesn't daddy like it when you bring home food from Chik-Fil-A?"

"Because he'd rather eat dinner by himself rather than eat some of this delicious delicious chicken. More for us!"
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Honestly, who gives a **** what this guy says or thinks? Either don't eat their sandwiches or do.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Agreed. But poking the eyes of the self righteous is a mitzvah.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The most self righteous people in this thread are supporting the chicken sandwich establishment.

Comment

The most self righteous people in this thread are supporting the chicken sandwich establishment.
                          Really? I had no idea that Popeye was gay.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Not really. It's more contrarian than self righteous.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              "But you're hurting the employees by not eating crappy fast food chicken!"
                              Dinner, get serious. The point of a boycott is economic warfare; you hammer somebody in the wallet for doing something you don't like. That's what makes it actually effective as opposed to just a bunch of people getting pissy. Last August's boycott didn't actually do much, probably because most of CFA's customer base agreed with Cathy anyway. Also, the boycott generated lots of publicity. But if it had worked, you would have seen CFA losing significant profits. Which could, in turn, have led to any number of middle managers, distribution-center workers, and others with absolutely no say in Cathy's policies getting hurt. Now, it didn't, but still.
                              1011 1100

Comment

Isn't Cathy being just as "self-righteous" as those boycotting? Using a public platform to give voice to his moral beliefs, which he sees as correct and superior?

And is it really more "self-righteous" to refuse to give money to a company that you know will donate money to organizations that champion agendas with which one disagrees?

If anything, going out of one's way to eat at Chick-fil-A just to "spite" those boycotting is more sheep-like behavior than that of the actual boycotters, as at least they can cite valid moral reasoning as above. And "I'm gonna eat there just to piss people off!" is just childish.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X