Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chick-Fil-A CEO posting more anti-gay comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    "Mommy, why doesn't daddy like it when you bring home food from Chik-Fil-A?"

"Because he'd rather eat dinner by himself rather than eat some of this delicious delicious chicken. More for us!"
    you and i must have eaten at different chik-fil-as.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      They donate some amount of cash to groups with names like Traditional Family Values Defense Coalition. Or did, anyway. Those groups in turn probably used the cash on lawsuits or ads or something. I don't know if that counts. Seems pretty trivial to me; going after the buses in Montgomery made sense because that company had deliberately discriminatory policies. By contrast, CFA's CEO wastes some portion of his profits on a quixotic cultural war. I see no sense in punishing all the company's employees, or indeed the company itself, for that. If he wants to give cash to the anti-gays (or racists or misogynists or the FFRF for that matter), that's his business. I don't retain any kind of proprietary interest in my money after it's left my hands. Nor do I have a moral duty to mess up other people's livelihood to punish their boss for his weird opinions.
      This is a stupidly poor argument. Plenty of businesses make poor decisions that hurt their employees. What you are essentially arguing is that people must purchase products and services to protect these employees. People must buy McDonald's burgers no matter how unhealthy they are, because otherwise the employees are hurt. People must support abortion doctors to protect their staff. People must buy Chic-fil-a regardless of their politics because a few minimum wage employees are at risk. Not only are you undermining the very foundation of a free market, you are promoting the most fascist kind of communist policies.

In reality, it is not the customers who are hurting these employees, it is the stupid CEO who decided to put politics before business. If this ruins his business and causes people to lose jobs, it's not the customers fault. It entirely his.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
        you and i must have eaten at different chik-fil-as.
        Chik-fil-a magically became delicious to conservatives when it denounced gay-marriage. A similar thing happened with PapaJohn's and ACA.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Every day I choose not to eat at millions of establishments. I wantonly hurt their employees, undermining their livelihoods ... generally for no reason whatsoever. If any one of you can claim not to do so, let them be the first to cast the self-righteous chicken wing. (Into the dumpster or into your gaping maw, whichever fits your political persuasion.)

Comment

From now on, I am going to eat at Chick-fil-a every Sunday.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Shouldn't they be closed on Sundays? Why are they making their employees work on god's day?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, they are, but they have a whole lot of outdoor dining at the one by my house. I never said I'd eat their food...

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The dude sounds like just another buffet christian. He doesn't care for the dirty gays but he has no problem making a buck on the holy day.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    Shouldn't they be closed on Sundays? Why are they making their employees work on god's day?
                    They are closed on sunday.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Excellent. That should make it easier for the boycotters.

Comment

I'm not surprised they have no stores here. God + business is a bad mix in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                          I'm not surprised they have no stores here. God + business is a bad mix in this country.
                          What if it's a novelty store that strictly sells Christian merchandise? And are we all self-righteous for not shopping at them?
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            I like chik fil a

There were some dumbshits going around trying to get everyone at CMU to boycott them for a bit so I went around with a Chik fil a bag for like a week. Ate it for lunch every day. It's fun getting *******s bent out of shape.
                            How ****ing stupid are you? You think that kind of **** is going to increase your likelihood of attracting whorish college girls?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              What if it's a novelty store that strictly sells Christian merchandise? And are we all self-righteous for not shopping at them?
                              I'm sure there is a Christian novelty store or two in the country. They must get their garb and props from somewhere.

"self-righteous" has nothing to do with it. Religion is a deeply personal thing here and a company taking to twitter with religious stuff would be toxic.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                                How ****ing stupid are you? You think that kind of **** is going to increase your likelihood of attracting whorish college girls?
                                This is an excellent point, but based on the false assumption that there are any attractive girls at CMU, whorish or otherwise

Luckily U Pitt is only a couple blocks away.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X