Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chick-Fil-A CEO posting more anti-gay comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Their product is popular, but it certainly isn't "good".

Oh wow. An overly-battered fried chicken sandwich with a limp pickle on it.

limp pickles are the worst.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Good chicken salad

Comment

At one point last year there was a salvation army drive at RIT and someone posted on a popular RIT message board that everyone should boycott and picket the people collecting money because "those homophobes have mainstream Christian political views! How dare they!" I posted that if was standing around picketing I would personally walk past the picket line and give him $200. There was nobody there picketing the next day so I handed him a twenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          There were some dumbshits going around trying to get everyone at CMU to boycott them for a bit so I went around with a Chik fil a bag for like a week. Ate it for lunch every day. It's fun getting *******s bent out of shape.
          I suspect the "spiting the self-righteous" factor had a significant influence on their overall sales last year. I bought a sandwich on that support day for similar reasons. Also I needed something for lunch and they were close by, but I had other options. My feelings of "oh, **** those people" just pushed me more decisively in the chicken sandwich direction.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            I suspect the "spiting the self-righteous" factor had a significant influence on their overall sales last year. I bought a sandwich on that support day for similar reasons. Also I needed something for lunch and they were close by, but I had other options. My feelings of "oh, **** those people" just pushed me more decisively in the chicken sandwich direction.
            Exactly.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

There were some dumb****s going around trying to get everyone at CMU to boycott them for a bit so I went around with a Chik fil a bag for like a week. Ate it for lunch every day. It's fun getting *******s bent out of shape.
              There's one close to work. We decided to order for the entire school one day.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Kettle.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gay-marriage-580.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	9095762

Word on the street is, "Say 'no' to Chick-Fil-A."
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Yes, for a day they did record business but then sales went down for an extended period of time as the consumer boycott dragged on. The moral of the story is one day of anti-gay people stuffing greasy **** in their mouths doesn't make up for a long term decrease in sales.
                    I didn't know **** was censored ...

Comment

I am glad to see a CEO come out with what he/she really feels. Far to much "politically correct" BS everywhere. Free speech is great, but pretty useless when many people are afraid to say what they really think.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

But this just puts you on a different side of the self-righteous camp.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                          I am glad to see a CEO come out with what he/she really feels. Far to much "politically correct" BS everywhere. Free speech is great, but pretty useless when many people are afraid to say what they really think.
                          And if people don't like what other people say, they are free to express that as well.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                            I am glad to see a CEO come out with what he/she really feels.
                            ... and then promptly back down and remove teh tweet just like a real man of principles standing up for his bigoted beliefs would

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              And if people don't like what other people say, they are free to express that as well.
                              Exactly...and as they should.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                ... and then promptly back down and remove teh tweet just like a real man of principles standing up for his bigoted beliefs would
                                I'd bet money one of the corporate managers saw what he wrote and said "God damn it. Not on the corporate twitter feed!"
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X