No announcement yet.

Surpeme Court Gay Marriage Cases....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have evidence that other Catholics believe this?
    Yes. It is in the catechism.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Yes. It is in the catechism.
      Do you know what the word evidence means? Do you have a link to a scholar or something?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• So if you have your idyllic mother and father be fruitful and multiply marriage, and one of the parents decides to fool around on the side, divorce is permitted, thus, in your world view, condemning all those children to the poverty of a broken home, but the other spouse is prohibit from remarrying or being fruitful and multiplying? And this is rational how?
        By the fact that this is how marriage works. You don't stop being baptised. You don't stop being confirmed. Marriage is a sacrament and an indelible sign. Divorce is permitted for marital infidelity - but it does not change the sacrament and the fact that you were married. While your partner is alive - remarriage would be forbidden.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

If you were to make either divorce or remarriage illegal - I would vote for remarriage with the caveat of a living partner.
          And why don't you crusade against remarriage the way you crusade against gay marriage?

Comment

Tell you what, Sava. I'll put it up. If you can prove to me that Jesus Christ being the Son of God is demonstrably false, I will stop being a Christian.
            By definition, you can not disprove a negative. There's no existence other than a self-referential set of heavily edited manuscripts that Jesus ever even existed. The fact that people believe in those manuscripts, or believe they are divinely inspired, is no more evidence than the fact a bunch of people believe 9/11 was an inside conspiracy. Acceptance on faith, is not evidence, whether the items accepted are true or not.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Do you know what the word evidence means? Do you have a link to a scholar or something?
              The Catechism is the best source to answer the question, "what does the Catholic church believe".

1605 Holy Scripture affirms that man and woman were created for one another: "It is not good that the man should be alone."92 The woman, "flesh of his flesh," his equal, his nearest in all things, is given to him by God as a "helpmate"; she thus represents God from whom comes our help.93 "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."94 The Lord himself shows that this signifies an unbreakable union of their two lives by recalling what the plan of the Creator had been "in the beginning": "So they are no longer two, but one flesh."95

Comment

By the fact that this is how marriage works. You don't stop being baptised. You don't stop being confirmed. Marriage is a sacrament and an indelible sign. Divorce is permitted for marital infidelity - but it does not change the sacrament and the fact that you were married. While your partner is alive - remarriage would be forbidden.
                That's how your version of marriage works, Torquemada junior. You and your kind neither have the right nor the authority to impose your world view on others.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• None of the reasons for prohibiting equal marriage rights presented here are sound, reasoned arguments. So really, it just comes down to that those who oppose equal marriage rights are prejudiced against gay people.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• And why don't you crusade against remarriage the way you crusade against gay marriage?
                    Do we have 750+ post threads extolling remarriage?

Comment

The Catechism is the best source to answer the question, "what does the Catholic church believe".

1605 Holy Scripture affirms that man and woman were created for one another: "It is not good that the man should be alone."92 The woman, "flesh of his flesh," his equal, his nearest in all things, is given to him by God as a "helpmate"; she thus represents God from whom comes our help.93 "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."94 The Lord himself shows that this signifies an unbreakable union of their two lives by recalling what the plan of the Creator had been "in the beginning": "So they are no longer two, but one flesh."95
                      That has nothing to do with an interpretation of the Wedding of Cana you jackass!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	64721_10151503860768680_1015254704_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	9095003
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• That's how your version of marriage works, Torquemada junior. You and your kind neither have the right nor the authority to impose your world view on others.
                          No, that's how marriage works in the Catholic church.

Comment

• That has nothing to do with an interpretation of the Wedding of Cana you jackass!
                            Oh, I thought you were challenging that the catechism teaches that Jesus insisted that marriage was between a man and a woman.

Ok, I'll read down like a page.

1613 On the threshold of his public life Jesus performs his first sign - at his mother's request - during a wedding feast.105 The Church attaches great importance to Jesus' presence at the wedding at Cana. She sees in it the confirmation of the goodness of marriage and the proclamation that thenceforth marriage will be an efficacious sign of Christ's presence.

Gosh, it's almost like I'm familiar with it.

Comment

• By definition, you can not disprove a negative. There's no existence other than a self-referential set of heavily edited manuscripts that Jesus ever even existed. The fact that people believe in those manuscripts, or believe they are divinely inspired, is no more evidence than the fact a bunch of people believe 9/11 was an inside conspiracy. Acceptance on faith, is not evidence, whether the items accepted are true or not.
                              So you're saying that Sava is full of **** when he claims he can prove that Jesus Christ wasn't the Son of God? Thank you.

Comment

• Hence, "you and your kind." By the way, in the English language "your" is the possessive form of both the singular and plural "you."

Funny though, if that's how it works in the Catholic church, those diocesan tribunals find quite a few other ways to grant annulments.

Comment

Working...
                                X