No announcement yet.

Surpeme Court Gay Marriage Cases....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did he just say he was going to sacrifice Jesus?
    The priest does! Every mass!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Do we have 750+ post threads extolling remarriage?
      No, because you have more of a stiffy for gay marriage than you do for remarriage.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Deaf Catholic heterosexuals on average make far less money than non-disabled atheist homosexuals. I guess we now know who should be raising the kids ...
        I think your sample sizes are too low.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• No, because you have more of a stiffy for gay marriage than you do for remarriage.
          Perhaps you could enlist Mr. Fun to make the case for remarriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            We don't have writings about Socrates from his enemies.
            We don't really have much near contemporaneous direct writings about Jesus from his enemies. We have such writings about the followers of Jesus and their carryings on. Sort of like we have more antagonistic writings about Scientologists than we do about Xenu.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Did he? Beyond "some guy named Jesus was born" and "some guy named Jesus pissed off the wrong people and got crucified" there's no agreement outside the gospels (and in some cases, inconsistenty or gaps between them) that Jesus said anything in particular. There's a fairly high degree of confidence that he cause some kind of ruckus at the temple, but then no consensus on when or how.
              And your point is? The Gospels are a historical source, and we have way more Gospels then anything else from that period. If the Gospels are inaccurate, than so is everything else to a much greater degree. Did Caesar really cross the Rubicon?

Comment

Perhaps you could enlist Mr. Fun to make the case for remarriage.
                I can already get remarried. Why would I start threads arguing for my right to get remarried. The question is why aren't you trying to stop me from getting remarried politically?
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You know what apolyton needs... a "NoBenMTG" mode. Nothing against MTG but given enough of these threads are Ben Vs MTG, it would be nice to have a custom view where all of those posts disappeared entirely (not just an ignore list, but an actual custom sql query). Then I could read the 4 page thread that consisted of interesting posts

edit: I guess a "No Ben or people quoting Ben" thread would be better.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• That's a hell of lot less than BK and other Christian zealots quoting Jesus said this and Jesus did this as if it is all established fact.
                    Again, given the documentary evidence, we can be much more sure of the contents of the Gospel, then we can anything else from Late Antiquity. Something on the order of 100:1.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                      We don't really have much near contemporaneous direct writings about Jesus from his enemies. We have such writings about the followers of Jesus and their carryings on. Sort of like we have more antagonistic writings about Scientologists than we do about Xenu.
                      But why do you think that Jesus would not have enemies withing Judaism? Of course he would have. What are you basing that assumption on?

Comment

• I can already get remarried. Why would I start threads arguing for my right to get remarried. The question is why aren't you trying to stop me from getting remarried politically?
                        Good question. I see no evidence in the common law barring remarriage.

Comment

• Also see BK's bad interpretation of the Wedding in Cana for something similar.
                          I already proved that it wasn't my interpretation but actually comes from the Catholic church.

Comment

Good question. I see no evidence in the common law barring remarriage.
                            It's not a hard question to answer. Why do you just say "good question?"

Comment

I already proved that it wasn't my interpretation but actually comes from the Catholic church.
                              I don't care if it comes from the Catholic church. Only a few people on this site care.

Comment

• The gospels are an advocate, propagandist source which have an agenda. It's early fan fiction, in other words. Something you should be familiar with, given your namesake. They have no particular authority, other than that given by their promoters and adherents. The accuracy or inaccuracy of a gospel doesn't affect the accuracy or inaccuracy of any other source, unless both sources are relating the same alleged event.

Funny how they conveniently agree on Pontius Pilatus, with a description of him that is entirely inconsistent with every other description of him. i.e. vacillating, being reluctant to crucify Jesus and deferring to the Jewish mob (placing blame on the Jews, not Rome) when all the other descriptions of Pilatus indicate he was forceful, arrogant, and contemptuous of the Jews. So much so that he had his chains yanked from Rome for stirring up too much ****. Not real consistent with the notion of a man who felt obligated to placate a Jewish mob on this occasion, when he otherwise seemed to delight in antagonizing them.

Comment

Working...
                                X